CLOSED: POLL: CCCL Competition: Week 50 - WINNER: DarkR

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 35 comments

Storming the Countryside

• [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/mazda787/6773689264/lightbox][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/71

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url=http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/turtle9922/Gran%20Turismo/MtAsoTarmac3.jpg][IMG]http:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
CCCLW50Ban.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, as described by MusicalArtist:

"Few know that the Lotus Carlton held the record as the fastest Production 4-door car in the world
at over 178mph for years. There was an Alpina that was a bit faster, but, it wasn't a production vehicle,
it was basically a "tuning shop's" BMW.
But, can this Lotus handle the twisting roads in the beautiful countryside as good as its BMW and
Mercedes-Benz rivals?

Also, Mt.Aso is a good place to get big air in cars, but I do not want to see that at all pretty much.
So please no flying cars."

CAR: Lotus Carlton '90

gtp_cccl_rules_02-2.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message.
This Thread has everything you need to know.

• Be reminded that only the Judge's favourite 15 entries will get through to each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay on this one folks, had a couple of technical difficults. :P

Just a little question, I do believe the rules said "no flying cars", did they not?

gjeff12
Just a little question, I do believe the rules said "no flying cars", did they not?

It did say "no flying cars", but, that isn't flight, that is a bit of a jump over a hill, it isn't flight.

yes they do
Also, Mt.Aso is a good place to get big air in cars, but I do not want to see that at all pretty much.
So please no flying cars."

but it is the judges choice. he obviously thought that it wasn't focused too much on flying.

EDIT: Tree'd

I'll provide feedback on any entries, whether they are in the poll or not, because, even if you made the poll, you have the right to know why you made it in.

f1_stig
yes they do

but it is the judges choice. he obviously thought that it wasn't focused too much on flying.

EDIT: Tree'd

Flying is big air, but the one in the poll that is in the air is such a small amount off the ground that it isn't flying. Flying would be higher off the ground.
I'm on my mobile phone right now, but, if need be, I'll give an example of a "flying car" the next time I get on an actual computer.

Your feedbacks please

=====================

Since I took something with a very clear countryside, my vote should go to someone who did the same (and much better than I did)

Last edited:

Feedback?

i am personally not a fan of a pink "british gangster ride" (as Richard Hammond of Top Gear said of the Carlton, and thats why i didn't re-paint mine)

but i think the main cause of this not being in the polls is that it lacked the sense of motion or a standing out posture.

your feedback on my shot is also welcome.

I'll provide feedback on any entries, whether they are in the poll or not, because, even if you made the poll, you have the right to know why you made it in.

or how about: those who didn't make it in should also have the right to know why those that did made it in by putting up a post from your goodself over the feedbacks for them.

He said he would provide feedback for everyone so no need to argue about this anymore.
MusicalArtist is doing the nicest thing here.

He said he would provide feedback for everyone so no need to argue about this anymore.
MusicalArtist is doing the nicest thing here.

thats something very good to hear, this is my second week of competitions, i know that it is very worthwhile indeed:tup:

When I took the shot, my intension was not flying the car. I want to give a feel to show how powerful this low profile car is. Fido_le_muet is right 👍 I want to make the car like storming through the winding bumpy road in England's countryside.

This is just insane, I'm currently in/tied for the lead in the two competitions I entered last week, well... Huge thanks for all the votes.

I don't care if i don't win, the first time i make it in the polls and i make it in 2, that's good enough for me :)

Yeah, werty, it's defined in the rules that you can alter the license plates. It is allowed. :P

Feedback Please

The lighting was interesting, but, the angle of the photo wasn't very interesting. Also, the car was in the exact center, which also made it less interesting.
It was a pretty good shot, it just wasn't very interesting.

Feedback?

The pink just ruined it. The car didn't fit in with the surroundings. The car was really far away, which didn't look good. The car was flat and was in the exact center of frame, which wasn't very interesting.

Quality over Quantity. You did have a lot of Carltons, but, the photo isn't balanced very well. It just isn't a very unified composition.

Any ideas??

Carlton by NT1138, on Flickr

The photo was actually quite good. It was one of the last ones to not make the cut. I didn't have any complaints about the photo, but, there weren't many exceptionally great points about it. It was great, but, a bit too academic maybe.

We have a winner - congratulations DarkR! 👍​

Last edited:
Congrats DarkR.

I can now say that when you posted that photo, it was pretty much EXACTLY what I saw in my head when I thought up the theme. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back