week 2 driving skill competition - XKR @ trial mountain

• Thread starter LMP787B
  • 312 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
LD_HEADSHOT
Hi guys, welcome to week 2 of the driving skill competition. This is the new weekly competition where driving skill is everything. Each week a stock car and track is chosen the car CANNOT be tuned or modified in anyway as to give an advantage over others.

This week is the Jaguar XKR at trial mountain and tyre choice is SPORTS HARD max. All aids are to be turned off except ABS on 1. Transmission choice is down to you.

This is an offline competition and you can do anytime, just choose the car through arcade mode then select the track. Everybody Is free to enter.

Please send in your best lap time stating whether you used ds3 or wheel (lap must not have gone red). To view the current leaderboard please click on the following link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtZwhhnVjEYTdG5KQ0lGelZYeXFOTHdORC0zai1qRUE#gid=1

Its time to show your skill and race! Good luck everyone thanks for the support! Any questions just PM me and i'll get back to you ASAP! Enjoy!

When sending your times in please could you use the following format:

Driver: GTP name/PSN name
Time:
Transmission: Auto/Manual (if manual state whether clutch used)
Controller: DS3/wheel
ABS:

The leaderboard link should be up later today!

After last weeks huge success it would be great to get as many people racing this week. So get out on that track and have fun!

Last edited:
Remember: Arcade car only NOT your own!👍

JAGUAR XKR Coupe '10

Last edited:
After 20 laps I have an early time
phil_75
DS3
AUTO
ABS 1
1/3 Brake Balance

Another great challenge!

Hey guys,

Sorry for not posting the OP as promised LMP, had a manic morning. I have now updated the times list:

Week 2

Will just put phil's time up now :)

OMG you're first... ;)

EDIT: That's not a bad time either phil. When I was testing out car and track combos I ran a low 1:40 so good run!

Last edited:
NJ72
Hey guys,

Sorry for not posting the OP as promised LMP, had a manic morning. I have now updated the times list:

Week 2

OMG you're first... ;)

EDIT: That's not a bad time either phil. When I was testing out car and track combos I ran a low 1:40 so good run!

No problem, good car track combo though! Really hard to keep in a straight line but good fun nevertheless!

After a few laps I started getting some better laps. My best lap is as follows:

Driver: LMP787B/ld_headshot
Time: 1:40.856
Transmission: Auto
Controller: DS3
ABS: 1

Not great but my best lap so far.

Hey guys,

Week 2

OMG you're first... ;)

I got like 15 laps in low 1.40 then just crept into 39's, again I can get half a second up on my ghost at 2nd split but lose it in last bit!:ouch:

Putting me helmet and gloves back on, strapping myself in and firing her up, time for another go!

If I don't make it back, tell my Mum I love her!

phil_75
Putting me helmet and gloves back on, strapping myself in and firing her up, time for another go!

If I don't make it back, tell my Mum I love her!

Haha, nicely done. Can I have your copy of gt5 if you die? ;)

I'm looking forward to giving this a go Monday/ Tuesday ish. Ran a couple of tester laps and found the first section relatively slow so I think that's the bit I'll need to work on...

Good luck to all though! Don't forget to update your signature! And also, LMP, might be worth posting a link to this in the week 1 thread?

A bit of a slippery run, seeing a good half a second left to make up on my time.

Lewis_Hamilton_/Lewis_Hamilton_
DS3
ABS 1
Manual
1:37.972

Lewis_Hamilton_
A bit of a slippery run, seeing a good half a second left to make up on my time.

Lewis_Hamilton_/Lewis_Hamilton_
DS3
ABS 1
Manual
1:37.972

Wow that is amazing where do you find the time?

NJ72
Haha, nicely done. Can I have your copy of gt5 if you die? ;)

I'm looking forward to giving this a go Monday/ Tuesday ish. Ran a couple of tester laps and found the first section relatively slow so I think that's the bit I'll need to work on...

Good luck to all though! Don't forget to update your signature! And also, LMP, might be worth posting a link to this in the week 1 thread?

Urm, I'm on my phone so I can't, would you mind doing the link?

Wow that is amazing where do you find the time?

Make that 1:37.686 after another 3 laps.

It's the same as when driving every car really, it's all about controlling weight and grip through the use of brakes and acceleration. Going gentle is often the best policy, and never doing more than a slight bit of steering when braking or accelerating. Don't ask too much of the tires basically. :)

Lewis_Hamilton_
Make that 1:37.686 after another 3 laps.

It's the same as when driving every car really, it's all about controlling weight and grip through the use of brakes and acceleration. Going gentle is often the best policy, and never doing more than a slight bit of steering when braking or accelerating. Don't ask too much of the tires basically. :)

Thanks for the tips! Hopefully I can get under 100 seconds maybe even 99, i'd be really happy with that :)

1.39.507 Slightly better!

Lewis you are a GT5 God!

I'd love to see a replay of your run, I can't see where I'm losing 1.5 secs!

I thought he did a 2:11.8 ? Or was it 2:11.5 ?

2:11.503 but it never got updated.

New time: 1:37.340
DS3
ABS 1
Manual

Replay uploaded (in 20mins) as it was requested, although it is only from my phone so the quality and frame rate are somewhat poor.

Still room for more as there were a couple of big slides, but I'm beginning to reach my maximum abilities with a DS3 now. And thanks for the compliments lol, but I am far from a "GT God". There are people much faster than me, and I am shockingly bad at tuning a car.

Lewis_Hamilton_
2:11.503 but it never got updated.

New time: 1:37.340
DS3
ABS 1
Manual

Replay uploaded (in 20mins) as it was requested, although it is only from my phone so the quality and frame rate are somewhat poor.

Still room for more as there were a couple of big slides, but I'm beginning to reach my maximum abilities with a DS3 now. And thanks for the compliments lol, but I am far from a "GT God". There are people much faster than me, and I am shockingly bad at tuning a car.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9mDwKLWJZA">YouTube Link</a>

Haha thats an incredible time, you're a gt god compared to me, though my DFGT is coming this week so I might be able tio improve my times!

Maybe the title should be changed to something like 'ARCADE MODE' Skill Driving Competition WK2' or something, just to make sure nobody uses there own car.

Driver: Raitzi_p
Time: 1.39.040
Transmission: Manual (no clutch)
Controller: Turbo S
ABS:1

That car turns well for its weight and is joy to drift even with sports hard tyres.

iainn/yamazumi1966
1:46.237
Auto
DS3
ABS 1

I like this track and the car is a good choice as it's tricky to keep it from sliding too much, and carrying enough speed through the corners. Not mastered it yet as you can tell....

I thought last weeks challenge was tough. Sheesh!!

Combination of lots of torque, lower-grip tyres and a gear-ratio that doesn't really match the track really hurts, but it's still LOTS OF FUN!!

Driver: cooldawn/cooldawn
Time: 1:38.776
Transmission: Manual
Controller: DS3
ABS: 1

I'm absolutely sure there's more to come but how much is the question. Feel quite strained at this point but will try to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back