Need Help with Moxaweather

Bulgaria
Canada
I need to set up a location and I need to make it run in Celsius.

[Rainmeter]
Author=lilshizzy@gmail.com
AppVersion=1001000
Update=1000
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter TempActive][!RainmeterHideMeter Temp][!RainmeterRedraw]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter TempActive][!RainmeterShowMeter Temp][!RainmeterRedraw]
@include=#SKINSPATH#Simple Media\Variables\Fonts.inc

[Metadata]
Name=SM MoxaWeather Round Red
Config=
Description=Shows your current and forecast weather conditions. Change the units from metric to Fahrenheit using the variable "Unit".
Instructions=Default weather is set to Los Angeles, to get your Weather Code visit (weather.yahoo.com) type in your Zip, click the RSS button, your code will be in the address bar.
Version=
Tags=Thanks to the authors of both Token & Enigma for inspiring and providing code for this project.
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Credits=This skin has been adapted from the original MoxaWeather by moxamax. This skin has been further modified by Lilshizzy, Thanks to those who previously worked on this.

[Variables]
@include=#SKINSPATH#Simple Media\Variables\Default.inc

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; MEASURES

[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=1800
Url=http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=USCA1192&u=f
RegExp=(?siU)<link.*>(.*)</link>.*city=\"(.*)\".*sunrise=\"(.*)\".*sunset=\"(.*)\".*<image>.*<url>(.*)</url>.*<title>.*:.*m .*(.*)</title>.*lat>(.*)<.*long>(.*)<.*yweather:condition.*text=\"(.*)\".*code=\"(.*)\".*temp=\"(.*)\".*yweather:forecast.*day=\"(.*)\".*high=\"(.*)\".*code=\"(.*)\".*yweather:forecast.*day=\"(.*)\".*high=\"(.*)\".*code=\"(.*)\".*
StringIndex=1

;--------------------------------
; CURRENT

[MeasureWeatherDesc]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=9

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=11

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; METERS

[Background]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#SKINSPATH#Simple Media\Variables\Images\Round120-R1.png
;SolidColor=0,0,0,100
;W=120
;H=120
X=0
Y=0

[Temp]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp
Meter=STRING
X=61
Y=12
FontColor=#Color4#
StringStyle=Normal
FontSize=50
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=#LocalFontFace#
AntiAlias=1

[Temp2]
Meter=STRING
X=50r
Y=10r
FontSize=12
FontColor=#Color1#
StringStyle=Bold
StringAlign=RIGHT
FontFace=#LocalFontFace#
AntiAlias=1
Postfix="°"

[Desc]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherDesc
Meter=STRING
X=-50r
Y=60r
FontColor=#Color1#
FontSize=#Height3#
StringAlign=Center
StringStyle=Bold
FontFace=#Font#
AntiAlias=1

[TempActive]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=Temp
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp
FontColor=#ColorActive2#
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [[MeasureWeatherRSS]]
Hidden=1

That's the code. What do I need to do to get it running properly and displaying correct data?

Edit: If you guys could also help me change the colors of text when using rainmeter it would be awesome. What is the code for red?

First, because it seems people don't get this, click here.

Second, did you actually look at the code? Specifically the part called measures, which contains a URL for Yahoo and its weather service? Did you try copying and pasting that URL into your browser? It gives the info for Venice CA, and if you go look at the normal Yahoo page for that, it is fairly clear it is the RSS URL.

So what you do is look up your location in Yahoo's weather service, find the RSS feed URL, and replace it there. TADA. And in case you can't do that.

http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=CAXX0518&u=f

And I think this is kind of obvious, but that F at the end of the URL is for Fahrenheit. Change it to a C for Celsius.

Color Code for Red

If I remember correctly, Red is #FF0000, but don't take my word for it. Google is definitely your friend for this.

I did do that but the links but I couldn't figure out what people on other forums were doing.

This is why you play around with things - I didn't read any how-to's or such with what I told you. I simply looked at the code presented and what was in it. Pretty easy to sort out.

It's not a hexadecimal code. I'm also asking about ALL of the rainmeter skins. I don't know how to edit color in specific points in the text.

It is in RGB then. Which means red is 255,0,0

If I remember correctly, Red is #FF0000, but don't take my word for it. Google is definitely your friend for this.

That is hex. FF = 16,16, which is 16 * 16 = 256. Minus 1 because you count from 0 in computer systems, and thus you get 255, which is what the R value in RGB would be. The 00 and 00 after the FF are the G and B positions as well.

I forgot that Rainmeter uses RGB. Why not go to their website? There are several beginner's manuals that will teach you everything you need to know.

I forgot that Rainmeter uses RGB. Why not go to their website? There are several beginner's manuals that will teach you everything you need to know.

Because, from what it seems, people can't take the time to research things on their own at all. Which is probably why I'm a bit snippy at the moment, because the majority of the solutions for what he asked could be found in about 5 minutes of Google and reading.

RainMeter, from what I checked (curious, took 10 seconds) uses RGBA, so you can also manipulate the alpha levels on a case by case basis. Quite nice if you want fonts to overlap in certain ways and other neat effects for presentation.

Rainmeter is fun for a little while, but I eventually got bored with it and went back to a stock Windows desktop. The alpha levels come in handy when you are using digital circle clocks.

What I don't get about colors is why it's #Color1# in the code? Why isn't it 210,10,0 for example.

I tried editing the code with multiple variations of #Color(insert number here)# all that changes is the color goes from grey to light grey to blue to black. There was nothing else to chose from. I tried entering 210,10,0 in the same space and nothing changes. (I refreshed every time I changed a value).

I searched this weird #Color# value and nothing shows up. How do I edit it?

What I don't get about colors is why it's #color1# in the code? Why isn't it 210,10,0 for example.

I tried editing the code with multiple variations of #color(insert number here)# all that changes is the color goes from grey to light grey to blue to black. There was nothing else to chose from. I tried entering 210,10,0 in the same space and nothing changes. (I refreshed every time I changed a value).

Those codes refer to the values assigned in the main Rainmeter files, if I recall correctly. There should be a place in a referenced file where the values of Color4 are placed in RGBA format.

Remove the #color1# completely and replace with with 210,10,0. This should read FontColor=210,10,0.

Remove the #color1# completely and replace with with 210,10,0. This should read FontColor=210,10,0.

Or that.

The Color4 etc codes are so themes can easily maintain consistency and even have multiple color versions etc without having to change multiple files around.

Back