A Spec challenge 4 Nurburgring Nordschleife 650pp

• Thread starter ChOs3n
  • 228 comments
Scotland
Scotland
Vass_sCo & Vass_sCo_2
A Spec challenge 4 Nurburgring Nordschleife using 600 to 650 pp cars my review of cars i have won with or been on the podium.

Toyota GT-One Race Car Tuned to 650pp with full balast and engine reduced
Against the Zonda LM Race Car in this one i took 2nd position on 1:26.033 and took 1st place on 2:54.633 and never looked back. the Toyota GT-One is perfect for the ring and with its fast acc and good top speed its a challenger for top car on this track/pp settings finnish time of 6:08.680 with the Zonda Lm finnishing at 6:32.198.

Nissan R89C Race Car 89
Tuned to 650pp with full balast and engine reduced turbo stage 3 very easy with this car lap time of 6:14.825 against Fod GT 6:37.126
Review not a challenge far to easy.

Peugeot 905 Race Car

Tuned down to 650pp using balast and reduced engine.
This was the easiest race so far the car could power past the opponents and has an excelent top speed the other cars just couldnt cope with its power.
If you are looking for easy exp and cash this car will do the job with ease.

Honda Raybrig NSX 06

Diddnt take long to get into 2nd place but what a fight for 1st place i diddnt take 1st place until a few corners before the long straight and had to hold of the BMW F1 GTR on the straight final few turns i streached the lead a little but was great fun in a car that handles really well.
Time 6:25.698 and the BMW GTR 6:27.674

Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car

The car handles the course well i did not touch the gears or tune anything and beat the Ford gt with ease taking first place just on the 4 min mark.
Good car for a lap time of around 6:30.
Tuned i think i could do alot better with it as it stuggled to punch past the traffic on the cousre at the start of the race.

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 00

What a roller coaster had to fight all the way managed to get first place against the Ford GT lucky it was that car as if it was the BMW Mclaren F1 i wouldnt have caught it.
Review of race/car great fun hard to handle but wow worth it for the battle.

Zonda LM Race Car

Very easy with this car i took 1st place around 3 mins into the race and never looked back this was against the BMW Mclaren F1
Review very easy if you want easy exp and cash use this car want a chalenge dont use it.

Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car 98

Took 1st place around 3 mins and never looked back.
Review In my opinion the best car to do this race in for beginers or easy exp/cash

Zonda C12S 7.3 02

Hard fight for 1st place on the corners it burns the tires a little too much and spins are going to happen if you are not light on the accelerator.
Review Great fun this car has power to burn and if your not carefull no tires lol go have a blast and try it.

Impreza Super Touring Car 600 pp

Two attempts came 2nd both times to the BMW Mclaren F1 GTR best lap time i got was lap time of 6:34
Review car does well in the corners and with some tunning/good racing i think it could win

Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 00
Started the race and found myself in 2nd spot very quickly just that BMW Mclaren GTR ahead around 8 seconds infront.
When i got to the parts of the track that i could open up the engine i was right on his tail taking 1st spot beofre the long straight and never looked back.
Great car for the course and at 650pp its a beast.

Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car 00

Im not a big fan of the Touring cars but gave it a blast and to my surprise it was very easy using this car tuned to 633PP 584BHP/7700RPM/1000kg with RS tyres.
However it was against the Ford GT and if the BMW im not sure it would have won the time 6:34 and that inclued's a spin out .

Other cars i have used at 650pp or below that got 1st place

Ford GT LM Race Car
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
Mclaren F1 94
Zonda R 09
GT by Citreoen Race Car
Nissan GT-R R35 TC

The outcome of these cars may vary depending if you et the Ford GT or the BMW Mclaren GTR and on your driving skills or choice of abs,tires,tuning go have some fun test for yourself.

Last edited:
Give it a try with the Speed 8 Race Car '03.
Excellent car!
👍

4349411845_555869144f_z.jpg

Willing to try it with any car i will deffo do the speed 8 and post back results.

On another note why do some cars feel like there going slow gt-r tc and others nsx feel like there going much faster ?

Willing to try it with any car i will deffo do the speed 8 and post back results.

On another note why do some cars feel like there going slow gt-r tc and others nsx feel like there going much faster ?

How far away from the ground you sit may be part of that.

ANy opinion of the grids? Any lead car Rabbits or any grids that are very weak.

The McLaren GTR has been the car that leads most for me. But I got a race with the Ford GT LM (Gulf Modern) and that was... much easier to get the prize.

Any mid pack cars to look out for. I had an Arta NSX and the RX8LM squabbling when I ran a tripple run versus a Ford GT LM grid.

Good stuff.

I won it with a Jag' 220 LM with some tweaks to get it near 650pp. Really easy win against the Ford GT LM car. The Mercedes CLK Touring Car managed a close second to the BMW Mclaren F1 GTR. I'm pretty sure it'll beat it with a good early run to get past some of the slower cars.

Judd 6.25
R8 race car 6.21
2j 6.11
R8 lms 6.27
Gtr lm 6.29
Calsonic 6.20
Clk lm 6.23
R10 race car 6.30
Rx7 lm 6.26
Sauber 6.15
Zonda lm 6.21
W12 nardo 6.38
Gt one race car 6.13
Vertigo 6.40
R390 road car 6.30
908 hdi 6.22
Xjr 9 lm 6.26
Gtr black edition 6.41
Mclaren f1 6.43
Camaro lm race car 6.25
Mclaren f1 gtr race car 6.31
Aventador 6.38
Zonda r 6.22
Gt lm spec 2 test car 6.22
Zr1 6.32

All won

When the Ford Gt was the main opponent the race was very easy main problem was the first 4/5 corners not getting held up in traffic.

When the Pagani Zonda LM Race car is the main opponent it is again easy just make sure you dont set your top speed to low as on the straights it will pull away.

When the BMW Mclaren GTR make sure you have a top speed minimum of 190mph upto 230mph.

I would make sure you get a very good start and not be held up in traffic early on if you can manage this and no spin out's you should manage to catch it and win in any of the cars mentioned above.

Here are cars i would suggest to use depending how you rate your driving skills.

Beginer - Peugeot 905 Race Car or Nissan R390 Race Car

Average - Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car or Nissan GT-R35 TC

Expert - Zonda C12S 7.3 02 or Any Honda NSX tuned to 600pp

trueblue26
Judd 6.25
R8 race car 6.21
2j 6.11
R8 lms 6.27
Gtr lm 6.29
Calsonic 6.20
Clk lm 6.23
R10 race car 6.30
Rx7 lm 6.26
Sauber 6.15
Zonda lm 6.21
W12 nardo 6.38
Gt one race car 6.13
Vertigo 6.40
R390 road car 6.30
908 hdi 6.22
Xjr 9 lm 6.26
Gtr black edition 6.41
Mclaren f1 6.43
Camaro lm race car 6.25
Mclaren f1 gtr race car 6.31
Aventador 6.38
Zonda r 6.22
Gt lm spec 2 test car 6.22
Zr1 6.32

All won

Wow. You won with a time of 6:43? What car was in the pole position?

Car list updated some really good cars with engine reduced and balast added.

Maybe to easy for some but will help players who need the EXP/CASH

Such a great A-spec although the majority of the AI cars a little on the slow side.

The Nissan GT-R R35 TC is fantastic car around here, I have tried detuned LM cars and the 2J - all great. I think I tried the Zonda R and that was an experience.

I'm gonna have a go in a road car, maybe the veyron. And then for a challenge the 63 corvette - I've seen it in second place a few times.

If you have the TVR Speed 12 try it what a laugh and a hard race if the BMW is in it.

Nissan GT-R R35 TC with Soft race tyres if there's a McLaren F1 in the field, stock hard race tyres otherwise.

You should take the lead well before the main straight but if you don't, expect the rev limiter to cut in at 197 mph. This is easily fixed in settings of course.

ChOs3n
A Spec challenge 4 Nurburgring Nordschleife using 600 to 650 pp cars my review of cars i have won with or been on the podium.

Toyota GT-One Race Car Tuned to 650pp with full balast and engine reduced
Against the Zonda LM Race Car in this one i took 2nd position on 1:26.033 and took 1st place on 2:54.633 and never looked back. the Toyota GT-One is perfect for the ring and with its fast acc and good top speed its a challenger for top car on this track/pp settings finnish time of 6:08.680 with the Zonda Lm finnishing at 6:32.198.

Nissan R89C Race Car 89
Tuned to 650pp with full balast and engine reduced turbo stage 3 very easy with this car lap time of 6:14.825 against Fod GT 6:37.126
Review not a challenge far to easy.

Peugeot 905 Race Car

Tuned down to 650pp using balast and reduced engine.
This was the easiest race so far the car could power past the opponents and has an excelent top speed the other cars just couldnt cope with its power.
If you are looking for easy exp and cash this car will do the job with ease.

Honda Raybrig NSX 06

Diddnt take long to get into 2nd place but what a fight for 1st place i diddnt take 1st place until a few corners before the long straight and had to hold of the BMW F1 GTR on the straight final few turns i streached the lead a little but was great fun in a car that handles really well.
Time 6:25.698 and the BMW GTR 6:27.674

Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car

The car handles the course well i did not touch the gears or tune anything and beat the Ford gt with ease taking first place just on the 4 min mark.
Good car for a lap time of around 6:30.
Tuned i think i could do alot better with it as it stuggled to punch past the traffic on the cousre at the start of the race.

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 00

What a roller coaster had to fight all the way managed to get first place against the Ford GT lucky it was that car as if it was the BMW Mclaren F1 i wouldnt have caught it.
Review of race/car great fun hard to handle but wow worth it for the battle.

Zonda LM Race Car

Very easy with this car i took 1st place around 3 mins into the race and never looked back this was against the BMW Mclaren F1
Review very easy if you want easy exp and cash use this car want a chalenge dont use it.

Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car 98

Took 1st place around 3 mins and never looked back.
Review In my opinion the best car to do this race in for beginers or easy exp/cash

Zonda C12S 7.3 02

Hard fight for 1st place on the corners it burns the tires a little too much and spins are going to happen if you are not light on the accelerator.
Review Great fun this car has power to burn and if your not carefull no tires lol go have a blast and try it.

Impreza Super Touring Car 600 pp

Two attempts came 2nd both times to the BMW Mclaren F1 GTR best lap time i got was lap time of 6:34
Review car does well in the corners and with some tunning/good racing i think it could win

Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 00
Started the race and found myself in 2nd spot very quickly just that BMW Mclaren GTR ahead around 8 seconds infront.
When i got to the parts of the track that i could open up the engine i was right on his tail taking 1st spot beofre the long straight and never looked back.
Great car for the course and at 650pp its a beast.

Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car 00

Im not a big fan of the Touring cars but gave it a blast and to my surprise it was very easy using this car tuned to 633PP 584BHP/7700RPM/1000kg with RS tyres.
However it was against the Ford GT and if the BMW im not sure it would have won the time 6:34 and that inclued's a spin out .

Other cars i have used at 650pp or below that got 1st place

Ford GT LM Race Car
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
Mclaren F1 94
Zonda R 09
GT by Citreoen Race Car
Nissan GT-R R35 TC

The outcome of these cars may vary depending if you et the Ford GT or the BMW Mclaren GTR and on your driving skills or choice of abs,tires,tuning go have some fun test for yourself.

What tyres were you using? If RH then much respect. I'm using a DS3 and could only win on softs. But I'm no alien either.

I 2nd this. I thought perhaps it was just random. It was like this in the last Aspec seasonal as well.

I got different grids running the same car, the zonda Lm.
Nissan Lm and ford gt once or twice, McLaren and Zonda others

I got different grids running the same car, the zonda Lm.
Nissan Lm and ford gt once or twice, McLaren and Zonda others

I just enter the race once (for the win) and them I'm off to another car but I NEVER get the McLaren/Zonda with cars that have <625pp in "stock" form.

I just tested it with the RX-7 LM Prototype (595pp stock - 648pp as entered) and I didn't get the Zonda/McLaren.

It seems like they try to match similar cars... for example I entered the 1969 Gulf GT-40 and many of the opponents were in pre-1970 cars (Ferrari/Mark IV/Jag). I lost to the '04 GT-R LM car BTW. Couldn't catch him @ 6:43. A good driver could, but not me. LOL

I just enter the race once (for the win) and them I'm off to another car but I NEVER get the McLaren/Zonda with cars that have <625pp in "stock" form.

I just tested it with the RX-7 LM Prototype (595pp stock - 648pp as entered) and I didn't get the Zonda/McLaren.

It seems like they try to match similar cars... for example I entered the 1969 Gulf GT-40 and many of the opponents were in pre-1970 cars (Ferrari/Mark IV/Jag). I lost to the '04 GT-R LM car BTW. Couldn't catch him @ 6:43. A good driver could, but not me. LOL

That would make sense. I should try the old racing jag, great handling if a bit underpowered compared to the ferrari 330 or the Mark IV, but it might be great fun in nordsleife

Hi Feralshooter some cars were on RH and some on RS depending on how they handle.

Example the TVR Cerebra Speed 12 was on racing softs just to give that little bit more traction.

It really dosnt matter what you use as its a driving simulator/game drive how it suits you and gives you the most fun.

Just used a Xanavi nismo gtr 03 tuned 2 643 pp and beat the race. I passed the mclaren at 4:38 won at 6:24

Tried it with the Veyron and was 1.5 secs behind the first place Ford GT. I'm sure it can be done! I think it would struggle to catch the Zonda or the McLaren.

Tried it with the Veyron and was 1.5 secs behind the first place Ford GT. I'm sure it can be done! I think it would struggle to catch the Zonda or the McLaren.

Completed with the Veyron and approx 2 secs in front of the Ford GT.

Is it possible with the Enzo?

I've run all the serious pre 1970 cars in this and most times I've had reasonable opposition. However the Mclaren and Zonda do turn up now and again.

Supercheyenne
It seems like they try to match similar cars...

Can't confirm this. The first grid after a console reboot always has the McLaren in it. Doing other races or reloading the seasonal gives other grids. So far I couldn't make out any match making. This is pretty much how all races work in GT5: the lineups/grids get shuffled but are preset and 'static'.

It seems that most non race spec cars will lift up at the uphill high speed area at the beginning, I'm guessing because of poor downforce in the front?

Can't confirm this. The first grid after a console reboot always has the McLaren in it. Doing other races or reloading the seasonal gives other grids. So far I couldn't make out any match making. This is pretty much how all races work in GT5: the lineups/grids get shuffled but are preset and 'static'.

Maybe the matchmaking ends at PPs (And I guess that's why they are in the game in the first place), but getting different grids, however static they might be, allows us to try wildly different cars in races that would otherwise be a lot more repetitive

It seems that most non race spec cars will lift up at the uphill high speed area at the beginning, I'm guessing because of poor downforce in the front?

Yes. The lack of downforce is the main difference between non racing and racing cars. When I tried max out GTR 07, my problem is taking unwanted flights and then losing the traction. Even if I brake before the dip to trim my flight, its still touch and go.

Yet to win in any non race car.

Back