• 19 comments

mrbasher

BasherBoards!
Premium
United States
Redmond, WA
mrbasherman
I'm going to keep this really short.

For those of you that are still having issues with your Fanatec standard pedals or well could in the future, I may have a solution for you. I'm posting this here in an effort to help out my fellow racers. :)

Check out this video:

The video shows Forza 4, but the game you're playing doesn't matter. I use it with PC, PS3, and Xbox

Last edited:
If you're still in your warranty period, tell them about the problem. When they offer you an upgrade for retail minus the value of the pedals and shipping, tell them you don't want to spend any money on an upgrade. If they no longer stock these in the country you're in, they might just offer to upgrade you to the CSR for free (like they did me).

That's a great option. Unfortunately, I personally never had a warranty on these.

That was not the intent of this thread as I have not yet received approval to do so here. That is also why I intentionally left links to my site as well as information regarding the sale of the item out of my posting... I am not giving them away, though darn near.

The intent of my post was simply to let people who still have the standard pedals know they still have options. I apologize if my intent was misplaced.

No prob. Typing doesn't always come across as intended. ;) He had mentioned that he might post a review about it but I didnt realize he would do it so soon.

Did you watch his video?

Hey basher, this might just a be a life saver for my standard pedals, this thread is definitely worth a heads up.

P.S Sent you a PM regarding these filters

Hey basher, this might just a be a life saver for my standard pedals, this thread is definitely worth a heads up.

P.S Sent you a PM regarding these filters

Glad you found it! Your pedal filter box is somewhere on it's way from me to you right now. ;) Be sure to come back and let us know how it worked out for you!

I just received word that these boxes will also fix similar issues with the Fanatec CSR base model pedals. I sent one to a guy to see if it would fix the issues he was having with his CSR pedals and he confirmed that the pedals are now working 100%!

OMG! Thank you so much for posting this!! :cheers: I was just on the verge of being fed up with these pedals and buying new ones. Just submitted my email. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Excellent Chris! My current estimate for having these back in stock is May 18th. :)

Hi all, this thread really needs a heads up to all those who own the fanatec standard pedals! This filter works as mentioned to fix the spiking pedal issue, worked flawlessly. Will try to update it's effectiveness after some amount of usage! Highly recommend this product!

Purchased the little box, installed it between my whell and the defective standard pedals, works perfectly now. Thank you 110% satisfied.

I just received word that these boxes will also fix similar issues with the Fanatec CSR base model pedals. I sent one to a guy to see if it would fix the issues he was having with his CSR pedals and he confirmed that the pedals are now working 100%!

You should send one to Thomas at Fanatec. It's too bad enough of these pedals left the factory with an issue that caused the community to have to find a fix. The standard pedals are practically free, but the CSRs cost a chunk of change.

You should send one to Thomas at Fanatec. It's too bad enough of these pedals left the factory with an issue that caused the community to have to find a fix. The standard pedals are practically free, but the CSRs cost a chunk of change.

Someone from Fanatec already purchased one. ;) Which is funny because I'd have just given them the schematic if they were nice enough to ask.

On that note, I just released these:

PF1_BB_V1.jpg

That is a drop in replacement for the board located on the bottom of the CSR standard pedals. It takes a screwdriver and less than 5 minutes to change. You just put it in and forget about it.

I've contemplated sending it to Fanatec... We'll see.

Here's the original:

CSR_PCB_ORIG.jpg

Here's where it is located on the pedals:

bottom.jpg

I'll be honest, for the price and pot issues aside, I really like the design of the CSR standard pedals. I purchased a set and use them all the time. Because of this I am working on a couple different mods for them. ;)

Purchased the little box, installed it between my whell and the defective standard pedals, works perfectly now. Thank you 110% satisfied.

Excellent news! Thanks again :D I love hearing about this stuff.

Back