Why do people want 0/0/0 cars

OHeyDidntSeeYou
Really, why would anyone care if a car is 0/0/0 if your going to use it? And if your not going to use it, why bother wasting space in your garage?

I am a sort of half committed collector of them and for me, it's just a bit of OCD because I like all of my cars in pristine condition.

Because people are weird lol. They buy car but dont wanna use them at all. In a driving game, where there's only one thing you can do, driving them. Go figures

Because people are weird lol. They buy car but dont wanna use them at all. In a driving game, where there's only one thing you can do, driving them. Go figures

There are car collectors in REAL LIFE that barely drives the cars they have. Heck, some people keep them in a garage and never drives them.

Really, why would anyone care if a car is 0/0/0 if your going to use it? And if your not going to use it, why bother wasting space in your garage?

The car is best right after break in and before it starts to wear down. High mileage cars already have permanent power loss.

Also, I don't usually want the car to have any parts on it. And I never want the car to have everything on it. That is just stupid.

They collect 0/0/0 cars in all different cars available because they have all cars in the game and enjoy trading to see if they can get all cars available although this means you need to have more than 1 account as you can only have 1800 cars in your garage.

There was a man who bought a Ford Cortina MKV lives in Manchester and never even registered it and is now selling for something around £10,000.

I'm not really crazy about it, but when I was trading for cars, I would rather them to be 0/0/0 because then I knew the person that I was getting it from didn't screw with the settings. I knew it was exactly how it was meant to be, and I could tweak it from there.

Maybe some others are like this?

Well clever people like myself can use these cars for trade and use the replacing gamesave thing so thats means you can trade the 0/0/0 cars you need to in order to get what you want and still have them :)

I know I would rather have a 0/0/0 car then a used one in anyway :D

There was a man who bought a Ford Cortina MKV lives in Manchester and never even registered it and is now selling for something around £10,000.
A 0/0/0 car will NEVER be worth anything.

There are car collectors in REAL LIFE that barely drives the cars they have. Heck, some people keep them in a garage and never drives them.

Well in real life I can understand because your car could get in an accident or something, which you wont like if you paid 5 million for a GTO. However in GT5, you just rebuild motor and frame and you have a brand new car basicaly. It return to the same state so why bother ?

To quote our favourite used car dealer from Zurich...

"Checking the details of a second-hand car is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First of all, verify her year of origin. She may look like she rolled off the production line in 1990 but who's to say the fellow before you didn't give her a good spraying?"

This has already been discussed in several other threads already. Search and you will see. These threads on this topic always turn into a flame war. What does it matter, to each their own. Let other people play the game the game how they want. Its not hurting you or anyone else on bit how someone else plays their game.

Yeah but that's because in real life the cars could be damaged, stolen, rust away etc etc. You have none of those issues in a game, you can crash the cars at 200mph if you like.

They collect 0/0/0 cars in all different cars available because they have all cars in the game and enjoy trading to see if they can get all cars available although this means you need to have more than 1 account as you can only have 1800 cars in your garage.

Wrong. The garage limit is 2000.

People need a challenge for their Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

To collect 1 of each standard car would only take a couple of months with trading. Getting 0/0/0 of everything might take a year. (How many people even have a complete garage of 0/0/0)?

I shouldn't talk since I am a bit obsessive about getting all the color varieties of unpaintable cars or two-tone cars that lose two-tone if painted.

SimonK
Yeah but that's because in real life the cars could be damaged, stolen, rust away etc etc. You have none of those issues in a game, you can crash the cars at 200mph if you like.

Or cartwheel them at 160 :dopey:.. Did that to an Enzo.. Got airborne than a Cien got under it and T-boned it into a cartwheel. Anyways there is so muh wrong with 0/0/0, if you buy the car you should WANT to drive it

Honestly, I only got into car collecting because I couldn't find anything better to do in the game.

I don't know whats so hard for people to understand about this? This is a very valid point. Most, if not all, car COLLECTORS, not people that just buy a few cars, but real collectors (like Jay Leno ;)) don't drive ANY of their cars. They keep the motors in them 100% with NO miles on them. They keep the value. If I buy a car today and keep it in a garage for 50 years, that car will have all original parts including motor and will be worth A LOT of money. Collectors aren't focused on accidents and theft when they chose to not drive them (as a few people mentioned) lol.

Back to topic. I think some people like to portray, what I said before, in the game. The game IS partly about collecting, isn't it? Why not keep your collection mint? You'll have something rare and could be worth a big trade for someone. I know its just a game, but, someone who can't afford to be a collector in real life, for obvious reasons, might choose to do so in the game. Its all about self satisfaction.

Anyone who buys a car in real life and doesn't drive it, regardless of it's worth, is not a collector he's a museum curator. Cars are meant to be driven, not stared at.

Anyone who buys a car in real life and doesn't drive it, regardless of it's worth, is not a collector he's a museum curator. Cars are meant to be driven, not stared at.

Some believe cars are art, and should be looked at from a distance.

To each his own.

People collect coins, but don't spend it! People collect stamps, but never use them! People collect model cars, but don't roll them on the ground! You get my point.

The people who collect 0/0/0 cars doing this just for fun. And always the 0/0/0 cars are in second accounts.
I was a collector of these cars for over a year now and I really enjoyed this. My enjoy wasn't really the collecting but the all communication here with many people...:sly:

My main account has about 600 (my) favorite tuned cars and I drive them ever day in Online and Offline Races...

As you can understand, the fact I was collecting 0/0/0 cars (and everybody else I believe) it has nothing to do with the first job of GT5 ,that is the DRIVING, TUNING, RACING etc...!!

Last edited:
We want it because PD didn't put much effort in A-spec lifespan.
We want it because PD wants us to become Japanese and collect everything you can think of.
We want it because PD will take a couple of more years to get GT6 out and we have to do something in the meantime 👍

Because it doesn't take a lot to get all the cars. And since no car is really rare, 0/0/0 adds that element. So look at it like a colleciable card game (e.g. Pokemon), you have commons, uncommons and rares.

Some believe cars are art, and should be looked at from a distance.

To each his own.

People collect coins, but don't spend it! People collect stamps, but never use them! People collect model cars, but don't roll them on the ground! You get my point.

Exactly, to each his own. But, he's right in saying that cars are meant to be driven. Model cars don't have engines or transmissions or steering wheels, where real cars do (at least in theory).

Back