Super GT/JGTC Shootout - 07/06 - Shootout Officially Finished!

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 1,105 comments

Michelin

What ties you to this world?
Premium
Brazil
São Paulo
GTP_Michelin
6987254884_a979f8b04a_b.jpg

Welcome all, to the 1st Super GT/JGTC shootout! Here's how it's going to work!

DEADLINE FOR TUNERS: MAY 16TH
DEADLINE FOR TESTERS: JUNE 4TH

Rules
1) Two categories of car:
1a) GT500: 500 HP.
1b) GT300: 300 HP.

2) Tuners can tune one car per category.

3) Tuners will have to choose from a list which car they want to tune from one or both categories and use Racing Hard tires.

4) Tracks that will be used:
Fuji Speedway F

5) Each tester will have to submit their fastest time and their thoughts on the cars from the categories he chooses to test.

6) Each tester will choose their top 8 cars, which what they'll consider the the best gains 5 points, the 2nd gains 4 points, the 3rd gains 3 point, the 4th gains 2 points and the 5th one gains 1 point.

7) Some points that I forgot to put right here.
-Racing Hard tires.
-About engine upgrades, you're able to install what you want, as long as it stays 500HP (so Limiting the engine is valid.)
-It's not really necessary to call any car, since anyone can use any car, even though someone already called dibs on it. But if you want to call the name of the car you're tuning, I see no problem in it.
-The JGTC and the SuperGT cars will be running together in two distinctive categories, GT300 and GT500.
-No weight minimum.
-No tire wear.
-Offline.

PRIZES:
-The tuner with most points and the fastest tester win a 1,000,000 Cr car.
-The second tuner with most points and second fastest tester win a 500,000 car.
-The third tuner with most points and the third fastest tester win a 250,000 car.
-The fourth tuner with most points and the fourth fastest tester win a 125,000 car.
-The fifth tuner with most points and the fifth fastest tester win a 75,000 car.
-The slowest tester win a Toyota Prius G '09.
-Every tester win a 100,000 Cr car.

Last edited:
CARS ALLOWED

JGTC

GT300
S Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) ‘03
S Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) ‘01
S RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) ‘04
S Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA (JGTC) ‘03
S Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S (JGTC) ‘00
S Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) ‘03

GT500
S Honda ARTA NSX (JGTC) ‘00
S Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) ‘00
S Honda LOCTITE MUGEN NSX (JGTC) ‘01
S Honda Mobil 1 NSX (JGTC) ‘01
S Honda RAYBRIG NSX (JGTC) ‘00
S Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) ‘03
S Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 (JGTC) ‘00
S Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE (JGTC) ‘00
S Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) ‘00
S Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z (JGTC) ‘04
S Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R (JGTC) ‘99
S Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) ‘01
S Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) ‘01
S Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (JGTC) ‘03
S Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) ‘01
P Toyota Castrol TOM’S SUPRA (JGTC) ‘97
S Toyota Castrol TOM’S SUPRA (JGTC) ‘00
S Toyota Castrol TOM’S SUPRA (JGTC) ‘01
S Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) ‘00
S Toyota WOODONE TOM’S SUPRA (JGTC) ‘03

Super GT

GT300
P RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 (SUPER GT) ‘06
P Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA (SUPER GT) ‘08
P Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) ‘08
P Lexus Weds Sport IS350 (SUPER GT) ‘08

GT500
P Honda ARTA NSX (SUPER GT) ‘06
P Honda EPSON NSX (SUPER GT) ‘08
P Honda RAYBRIG NSX (SUPER GT) ‘06
P Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (SUPER GT) ‘06
P Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430 (SUPER GT) ‘06
P Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430 (SUPER GT) ‘08
P Lexus ENEOS SC430 (SUPER GT) ‘08
P Lexus PETRONAS TOM’S SC430 (SUPER GT) ‘08
P Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08
P Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08
P Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08
P Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08
P Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z (SUPER GT) ‘06
P Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08
P Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra (SUPER GT) ‘05

S = Standard
P = Premium

Are the JGTC and Super GT cars going to be running all together with only the HP separating the classes or will there be 4 classes total?:confused:

The former.
Ah okay then I know the two cars I'm tuning for this...will most likely get stomped here since I don't do much with race cars but hey....:crazy::lol:

Put me down as a tuner for both the GT500 and GT300.👍👍

Oh and thanks for selecting a fairly quick and easy track for this.:D

I understand that I can only enter GT300 or GT500, not both, but what I'm confused about is the car choice. Does that mean if I pick the Castrol Supra, no one else can tune the Castrol Supra?

I understand that I can only enter GT300 or GT500, not both, but what I'm confused about is the car choice. Does that mean if I pick the Castrol Supra, no one else can tune the Castrol Supra?
Uhm no you can tune for both the GT500 and GT300 classes.

Put me down for tuning the Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (JGTC) ‘03 for now.

I'll take the Takata Dome NSX 03'(JGTC) if you please.

You left out some of the following info:

What upgrades if any are allowed? Specifically turbos and engine upgrades.
Is there a Maximum Engine Limiter setting allowed?
Tires?
Tire wear on or off?
Offline or online?
Weight minimum? (they don't all weigh the same)

By your description, it looks like a completely subjective testing procedure because the winner is the one with the most points given by the testers as to their personal preferences. Is that how it's going to work? Lap times don't count in the final standings?

Last edited:
I'll take the Takata Dome NSX 03'(JGTC) if you please.

You left out some of the following info:

What upgrades if any are allowed? Specifically turbos and engine upgrades.
Is there a Maximum Engine Limiter setting allowed?
Tires?
Tire wear on or off?
Offline or online?
Weight minimum? (they don't all weigh the same)
Will be for offline as shared cars can't be used for online.

Dibs on the Raybrig NSX '00...though where in the rules does it say that if X tuner takes a car, no one else can use it?

Dibs on the Raybrig NSX '00...though where in the rules does it say that if X tuner takes a car, no one else can use it?
I didn't see anything about only one person being able to tune a given car.:odd:

But if that is the case then I'm calling dibs on the following cars...
GT500: Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 (JGTC) ‘00
GT300: Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) ‘08

Wasn't 100% sure about which Garaiya I wanted to tune for GT300 but if I need to reserve it or risk losing it then I'll go with the one I know I have/can redily acquire.:sly:

If it's first come first served I'll take this car, subject to change if it turns out to not be FCFS...

S Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) ‘03

Soo...why the bloody hell are we calling dibs on anything at all if there's no limit? :lol:
Like I said just in case there IS a limit I would name my cars now. If there isn't then I'll be able to test the two Garaiya's and choose then.

No matter what I'm tackling the "Devil's wandering lamb" since its the only non Japanese car in the lot making it a real oddball.:lol:

Aww, almost had me. Good Luck with the comp.

Well, I'm actually a bit glad you're not joining in, after driving a good few of your cars…if you joined, our tunes would be…err…left for dead.

Still, since you aren't joining, we're pretty safe with our slower tunes, so…since we seem to be only allowed to be either GT300 or GT500 but I'm not too sure about the JGTC/Super GT bit…anyone care to clarify for me?

Also, what's this obsession with the Takata NSX? I know it's something to do with it being better in some respect…but that's about it. Does it drive any better, have more torque/grip/power/x/y/z? Or is it just because of the pretty livery? :lol:

Dibs on cars? That's a bit silly. So once all the cars have been chosen no one else can enter? I'll have the cusco Dunlop impreza and the epson nsx. I dont see the fascination with the dome NSX either.

I can't enter my Spoon FIT Racecar? :grumpy:.

I will most likely enter as a tuner for at least the GT300 class, once the rules get sorted out (a lot of questions need to be answered it seems) :dopey:

Dibs on cars? That's a bit silly. So once all the cars have been chosen no one else can enter? I'll have the cusco Dunlop impreza and the epson nsx. I dont see the fascination with the dome NSX either.

I guess it's just a game we play to get a thread started. I bet if we did a LeMan one when we all have an overflowing bank account and feel like doing some Group B-esque lunacy, someone would walk into that thread and spark a Audi vs Pug war, just for fun! :lol:

Funny how no one seems to be choosing the R35s…but it seems to have the edge over the NSXs. In a forced time trial on this track, I ran a 1:39.476 or something in a Calsonic R35 (hated every second of it)…the Takata NSX '06 is around 0.6 seconds down on that…and I consider myself a better driver now than I was back then…:grumpy:

Answering to all question:
-Racing Hard tires.
-About engine upgrades, you're able to install what you want, as long as it stays 500HP (so Limiting the engine is valid.)
-It's not really necessary to call any car, since anyone can use any car, even though someone already called dibs on it. But if you want to call the name of the car you're tuning, I see no problem in it.
-The JGTC and the SuperGT cars will be running together in two distinctive categories, GT300 and GT500.
-No weight minimum.
-No tire wear.
-Offline.

I'm sorry about all the trouble, since it's my first shootout I'm a bit confused I must admit.

I shan't be entering, but I am looking forward to the resulting cars, as I've barely driven any GT300 or 500 cars. Keep up the good work folks, give me something special to look forward to once I get my PS3 back 👍

{Cy}

Eh, mate, one thing, you missed me off the GT500 section. :P

Also…I seem to have found my ride. And it's not an NSX.

NascarManiaco99
Answering to all question:
-Racing Hard tires.
-No weight minimum.
-No tire wear.
-Offline.

I'm sorry about all the trouble, since it's my first shootout I'm a bit confused I must admit.

challenge-accepted.png

Last edited:

Fixed. :P

Also, it seems like I've spoke too soon…I've now got 2 different routes to pick from. One is a safe and steady option, but I'm finding it hard to improve on it in terms of handling as it's too easy. The second one…I've pretty much turned into an axe-murderer, or if you do Anime speak, a tsudere. The testers won't be too happy with me if I submitted the latter car, but god it's fast when you get it right…

…I'm worried now, I've driven a setup which is, in one respect, very, very similar to this and I the last I remember of it is spinning out of Flugplatz, backwards at close to 150mph…but this is Fuji, so that doesn't matter, I guess.

Depending on the testers, yes, it should be. Though I'm quite surprised our resident fisherman hasn't signed up yet……where are you fishy? We miss you! :lol:

Yes my friend, i would like to have more time, but i have to travel to work again this week. No more GT5 till july. I did some super GT lately, i have to read the rules first and if i have a car ready to participate , i will present it.

Have a nice day everybody. :)

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°

Latest Posts

Back