GT Academy, DLC #3 and more - how I predict it will play out.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 75 comments
Its hard not to be thinking that Academy isnt going to end with GT5 DLC along with the gold trophy prize cars from the academy challenges, i just hope it does actually end with DLC tracks, motegi seems like a top contender after the screen shots we have seen ( which do look like they have been rendered in GT5 ) but a year ago it was revealed that GT5 had 25 hidden track logo's on the disk that werent in the game ,then we saw the concept acura nsx ( or whatever it was ), then we saw PD mapping Bathurst and nothing has been heard about any of these past rumours, the point being dont get your hopes up just yet simply keep your fingers crossed.

Think these are new. And on topic of the cars we will get
Nissan370Z_Z34_GTAcademyVersion_73Front.png

Nissan370ZTunedCar_GTAcademyVersion_73Front.png

NissanSKYLINEGT_RVuEspecII_GTAcademyVersion_1994_73Front.png

NissanSKYLINEGT_RVuEspecII_GTAcademyVersion_1994_73Rear.png

NissanSKYLINEGTRV_specIINur_GTAcademyVersion_2002_73Front.png

NissanGT_RBlackeditionTunedCar_GTAcademyVersion_2012_73Rear.png

Round_5_2.png

Round_6_2.png

Round_8_4_motegi.png

GT-R At Motegi

Last edited:
I wonder if they asked permission those brands to create these kind of "promo". The Juke-R is fast but not that fast. 0-100 km/h is in 3,8 sec and has 545hp.

No. It actually has the last gen engine with 480hp.(at least the first car had that)

Think I just had a Skyline overload... :D All in my favourite Colour. I can't wait to get these cars into my Collection on GT5 and for them to appear in the Rounds. Great work grashopper! 👍

So, this isn't an actual car for sale. The model used in the video for testing was using a GT-R engine.

To the guy that thinks its fake, it could very well be real (I wouldn't rule it out) due to the fact of the GT-R engine and Juke handling.

Also, you don't need permission for testing purposes, which this video was about.[/QUOTE]

Bluntfield

Just so you know, the Juke R will go into limited production. See article below

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/262681/

The only thing that makes me skeptical about the Signatech is that PD has never had an LMP2/LMP675 in a GT game before.

Well PD's confirmation does end my prediction. But... whats interesting is what Kaz said

“all the prizes will be sent out together when the 8 week event is over.”

Which would indicate that we are possibly getting a FREE GT Academy car pack, with Motegi. At least that wording indicates that for me.

Well PD's confirmation does end my prediction. But... whats interesting is what Kaz said

“all the prizes will be sent out together when the 8 week event is over.”

Which would indicate that we are possibly getting a FREE GT Academy car pack, with Motegi. At least that wording indicates that for me.

No, it indicates exactly what he said. All of the prizes (cars, suits) will be sent out at the end.

No, it indicates exactly what he said. All of the prizes (cars, suits) will be sent out at the end.

Yeah "sent out" not "released". Which doesn;t exactly sound like saying "Hey ya gonna have to pay for it"

Though knowing PD... :rolleyes:

Yeah "sent out" not "released". Which doesn;t exactly sound like saying "Hey ya gonna have to pay for it"

Though knowing PD... :rolleyes:

I don't know anyone that thought we would have to pay for the GTA cars. It was quite clear they're prizes, you don't pay for prizes. Motegi on the other hand has NOT been mentioned as a prize.

I don't know anyone that thought we would have to pay for the GTA cars. It was quite clear they're prizes, you don't pay for prizes. Motegi on the other hand has NOT been mentioned as a prize.

There's a lot of people on this thread that think/thought we have to pay for them. People thought it would be available through normal paid DLC.

(FYI, I'm not in this bunch)

Will the people who didn't purchase the DLC get the Nissan Leaf and GT-R Black Edition?

These are GT Academy versions, totally seperate from the DLC.

What DLC?

There's a lot of people on this thread that think/thought we have to pay for them. People thought it would be available through normal paid DLC.

(FYI, I'm not in this bunch)

People have seriously said that they think the GT Academy cars which are clearly labelled as prizes would be paid DLC? I've honestly not seen one person say that.

Right, I don't know how the track would be considered as a "prize." If he said content, I'd be more confident. The cars seems to be free, but the track I'm not too sure about. Perhaps, a hint of the next DLC pack, or probably won't even be released till GT6!

Did anyone care to think that, judging by the size of the GT Academy demo download that we already have all of the content, it just has to be unlocked?

Did anyone care to think that, judging by the size of the GT Academy demo download that we already have all of the content, it just has to be unlocked?

Well yeah, but how are you going to link that to GT5? I'm not sure how PSN works but this was a standalone game, not an add on package to GT5. Remember all of the previous DLC we have downloaded in updates to GT5.

Back