Or Rossi's wacky face helmet:
valentino-rossi-helmet-1.jpg

Good thread 👍

My favorite ones would be:

Kimi's new helemet

lotu_raik_helmet_2012-5.jpg

Hiekki's with the Angry Birds theme

xl_AngryBirds_Heikki_624.jpg

Jeff Segal's (A Grand Am Ferrari Driver)

x350.jpg

Ruben's new indy car helmet

Ruben-Barrichello-helmet.jpg

^Is it really an original helmet though? Its just Red Bull colours.

I think the only helmets I can agree on in this thread are Prost and Barrichello's. Simpler designs are the best. I hate today's fascination with complex and over-colourful designs as well as the fashion of changing helmets everytime the driver changes team (or every race in the case of Vettel).
I liked when driver helmet designs were almost as famous as the drivers themselves.

The worst helmet designs around are any driver who is sponsored by Red Bull - as they dominate the helmet colours making all of the drivers' helmets look identical.

+1 to Jeff Segal

James Hinchcliffe

s1_1.jpg

Aryton Senna (no mention yet?)

post+19+8.jpg

Jeff Gordon

575x459.jpg

Scott Pruett

5802484774_b873323f20_z.jpg

<=========This one, one of many helmets used by Tonio Liuzzi.

Keishi Tsuchiya's helmet:

scaled.php

Last edited:
I love most of these helmets! Especially Allan's. I just got mine back from the painter, tell me what you guys think. :sly:

I can't resize it to make it bigger. :confused:

I preferred Schumacher's earlier helmets from his Benetton days. Less red in it. The red one was good for Ferrari.

The best Schumacher helmet was his one for Belgium last year. In gold and looked good.

Using a iPhone so if someone can find it that would be grand. :)

Tired Tyres
Old helmets are best. 👍

Agreed...many "recent" helmets are usually some sort of splashy swath of colors rather than any sort of cohesive design. Maybe it's because sponsors and car design regulations restrict what's as visible to the public eye while racing. Or, I'm getting old.

Sponsorship is a huge draw though for drivers, I think it was DC who said he was offered £1million for the spot where he has the scottish flag. It's rare you find a driver who is loyal enough to his colours to turn down that sort of money.

I also dislike the trend of changing helmet designs every race. Wish they'd pick a good scheme and stick to it.

Last edited:
boiltheocean
I also dislike the trend of changing helmet designs every race. Wish they'd a good scheme and stick to it.

Me too. If you want to make a one-off change once a year, for a real cause/milestone, then fine. But Vettel has a new lid every race...no real big deal if you do every race weekend.

Back