• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 235 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
Sound in particular has had an overhaul with 2.06, so what cars have been changed?

BMW M3 GTR
Chevrolet Camaro SS RM
Chevrolet Corvette C6 RM
Honda Civic Type R '97
Honda Integra Type R RM
Honda NSX Super GT500's
Lexus ISF Racing Concept
Lexus ISF RM
Lotus Elise RM
Mercedes CLK LM
Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
Nissan Silvia RM
Saleen S7
Wedssport Celica

Last edited:
I can confirm that the IS-F lost it's old sound. I'm currently looking through my cars to see if I can remember exactly what it sounds like now. I know I've heard it.

Edit: It sounds a lot like a slightly pitch-changed JGTC Subaru Impreza. The premium one.

Last edited:
ISF Racing concept used to sound awesome , more like the GT40s do. Real beefy V8.

Sounds lame now. Why PD , why ? !!!

The ZR1 C6 sounds a bit better

EDIT: Wedsport Celica sounds different.

Last edited:
And the understatement of the year award goes to...

Seriously, it's amazing.

Glad you like it , could sound better IMO. Still , BIG improvement over the old sound. :)

EDIT: Just jumped in it again now and you're right ! Sounds sooo good ! Must have got it mixed up with the Z06 which still sounds bad

Last edited:
At least PD is aware of their poor engine sounds...

Great improvement! Though there are still long ways to go. :)

The 787B does sound the same and seems to have the same looping at high rpm, but mine now plays out of both left and right channels for the first time in months.

I can finally start driving it regularly again! :)

The CRX (NA tune 3) with a Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust sounds better to me, much less yappy a bit deeper in the mid RPM range. I've driven this car many times and never found this note before.
The Titanium Racing Exhaust also seemed slightly different, I wouldn't call it good or better though.

I really hope the Cougar sounds like a V8 now and not a vaccuum cleaner...

Wait, I just tried the C6 with the racing exhaust and it still sounds like a 4 cylinder (the ZR1), the Z06 sounds like a V6 as always. Maybe purchasing the RM will make them sound different?}

And what?! They changed the ISF's sample? That thing sounded great, but in all honesty, if it's suppose to be a DTM car(or was), its V8 should sound more 4 cylinderish(DTM's are flatplanes, right?).

But there is still work to do for PD. I'm still waiting for my old Viper to have the same sample than either the stock exhaust of the SRT10 or the Sports exhaust of the ACR.

Others that need a fix that I mentioned before in another thread:

McLaren F1: Sounds awesome but it's the Cizeta's sample.
Cizeta Moroder V16T: Probably the best and most accurate sample. But it has a strange looping that it didn't have in GT4.
Aventador/Murcielago/Murcielago SV: Share the sample with the Gallardo.
Enzo: Shares sample with the 458
Veyron: Like the Aventador, it starts like it should, and even at iddle it sound like it should. But accelerate and it will sound like the M5.
GT Citroen: It sounds like the M5 as well. Needs that beefy Nascar V8 sound just like its real counterpart has.
McLaren Mpc4whatever: Shares sample with the Audi R8 4.2. Should sound something close to what a Lotus Esprit sounds. The good thing is that it can get fixed with the Sports exhaust.
Maseratti Gran Turismo: For the love of god, PD. I know that thing has basically the same engine than the Ferrari 430, but it should sound more like a regular V8. Close to what the Alfa 8C sounds.
Audi RS6: It sounds good, and PD has done a great job replicating it's real sound since the car has a very distinctive V10 note in real life. It's so grunty that it could almost be confused with a V8. But in the game they need to lower that V8 grunt a bit in high revs since I can't tell the difference between the R8 4.2 and the RS6. Also, the old RS6 shares this sample; that should be changed.

I really hope the Cougar sounds like a V8 now and not a vaccuum cleaner...

Well Sadly the Mercury needs to be added to the "FIX" list. The only exhaust that isn't terrble is the standard.

I was just thinking that a list of the other cars to fix would be great, you read my mind HuskyGT.

C6 Z06 RM is the same crappy sound it was before. I do not get it. Why upgrade the ZR1 and not the Z06?

Someone else noticed! I don't get it. Some people are saying that the RM Vettes now sound like Nascars, but I just tried putting the Racing exhaust on both C6's and they sound the same than before; one sounds like a racing 4 cylinder and the other like a strange V6 thing.

Could it be that I have to purchase the RM mod? I don't think that will change anything. Will try that tomorrow though.

I havent heard the C5R, but I bet there will be no change.

And the understatement of the year award goes to...

Seriously, it's amazing.

It definitely sounds better and I absolutely love driving it more now. The thing is though, I believe the V8 sound they sampled for it sounds like it was ripped right from one of the Ford V8s lol.

The ZR1 RM and Camaro SS RM seem to share the same new beefy V8 sound byte as well.

The C6 Z06 RM still sounds like absolute garbage, kind of weird if you ask me, since it packs a larger V8 (7.0L) while the ZR1 and SS Camaro share the same (6.2L). If anything, they should have had an even deeper lunged V8 sound for the C6 Z06 instead of keeping it the same.

Also the C5-R does sound a little different, but in no way does it do justice to the real life C5-R sound.

Last edited:
Someone else noticed! I don't get it. Some people are saying that the RM Vettes now sound like Nascars, but I just tried putting the Racing exhaust on both C6's and they sound the same than before; one sounds like a racing 4 cylinder and the other like a strange V6 thing.

Could it be that I have to purchase the RM mod? I don't think that will change anything. Will try that tomorrow though....

Yes , C6 ZR1 RM version only. The non race mod version sounds the same as before , no change unfortunately.

Yes , C6 ZR1 RM version only. The non race mod version sounds the same as before , no change unfortunately.

That's wierd, but it makes sense in a PD way:lol: I'll try other RM's that I know sounded terrible, like the 70's Challenger.

It definitely sounds better and I absolutely love driving it more now. The thing is though, I believe the V8 sound they sampled for it sounds like it was ripped right from one of the Ford V8s lol.

The ZR1 RM and Camaro SS RM seem to share the same new beefy V8 sound byte as well.

The C6 Z06 RM still sounds like absolute garbage, kind of weird if you ask me, since it packs a larger V8 (7.0L) while the ZR1 and SS Camaro share the same (6.2L). If anything, they should have had an even deeper lunged V8 sound for the C6 Z06 instead of keeping it the same.

Also the C5-R does sound a little different, but in no way does it do justice to the real life C5-R sound.

Ford V8s sound nothing like that...

Drove a variety of cars, Large Theatre RFX@120.
LFA,XKL,XKR,430,ISF,512BB etc etc etc

Cockpit has better noise damping, so its not as loud, but overall most cars have more pronounced low end, and sound especially vicious in replays.

The ISF did sound a bit weaker more like a sportier XFR, which still sounds like raspberries.

Doppler effect is less 'wet' , cleaner w less WOOSH.
Effect of distance improved, cars can be heard while driving away, sounds like a touch of reverb was added to liven things up.

BUT PD SERIOUSLY, can we lose that cheesy 'ambience' loop w spectators cheering and clapping and blowing horns while i do time trials , and its just as useless during races, who claps that loud to be heard over a 430Sc's racket??

Overall i like it, just gotta crank it up a bit and roll off some HI end, but damn i love that low end when im downshifting.

ISF racing concept totally ruined, it was one of the best sounding cars in the game, I don't quite understand why pd changed that one? However the fto super touring car and corvette zr1 rm sound better so its not all bad news

IS-F Racing Concept sound changed definitely, it used to sound like a 2008 M5 if you ever heard one of those in real life you swear it's a diesel truck when it's at idle, but it gets really boisterous when you rev it. Can't say i like the IS-F sound sample now, then again who knows what engine that thing was actually using anyway as it is a concept, should have stuck with the IS-F engine note but a lot throatier.

The ZR1 sounds louder than it did before the RM version, although you can still hear that supercharger and it also has this raspy squelch all the way through the RPM's. The RM Camaro sounds a bit like the ZR1 minus the supercharger and the raspy squelch, the low end is nice but it's still not viceral enough, needs a bit more punch both of them.

OMG, the S7 sounds like garbage, no idea what sound it is now but it sounds like total trash and nothing like a V8 fire breather it actually is. Sounds like that stupid Merc DTM car the silver one. PD I think you guys mixed up some sound files here or there, no way an S7 sounds like whatever this POS engine note is.

EDIT: blah this is a big screw up here, going test other cars in my garage for changes. I hope my Ford GT's don't sound retarded like the S7 now does. The S7 sound is now the Mustang Cobra R albeit a bit muted, the Ford GT LM Spec II still has the same sound but the S7 has been butchered and given some weird sounding V6.

Last edited:
Do the cars with Sidepipes finally got both exhaust noises back? Means, the ones like the SuperGT Cars (GTR for example) or the GTR TC.

Back