5/23/12 - A-Spec: 430PP FF Challenge

• Thread starter C_Raccoon23
  • 459 comments
Well I started my Prius at 340pp and have been working my way down by 5pp and am now at 325pp with room to spare and am still under 10:25.

A quick show of hands here..Who here guessed that a Prius would be the "go to car" for cash..hahaha..Sweet! 👍

The game must have changed something. My Prius at 295PP reaches only under 2.000 revs in the first round and under 3.000 with the beginning of the second. With this lap times are some 12 seconds slower.
Restart of the game didn't solve this. I made no changes to my car.
Anybody else with this problem?

The game must have changed something. My Prius at 295PP reaches only under 2.000 revs in the first round and under 3.000 with the beginning of the second. With this lap times are some 12 seconds slower.
Restart of the game didn't solve this. I made no changes to my car.
Anybody else with this problem?

Change oils 👍
I noticed that too :)

Mine Prius is on share with 288pp tune feel free to try it 👍
It's prety easy win with 288pp but when you lower it 280pp then you got bit more work to do 👍
Edit: I got free trade slot today so if someone needs Prius I can send one :)
So first get it 👍

Hello mate,

May I send you an FR to give the Prius a try?

Many Thanks. Chat soon. :)

Cape Ring can be won using lupo gti running 101bhp, 1014kg, p.p. 331. Should be in first end of 4th lap with winnings of 1.5mill plus. Nice. Will post full details later of mods.:dopey:

Toyota Prius can also be used around 353 pp credit 1.4 mill plus.
:drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found this slow line-up:

Coupe Turbo Plus '00
Tiburon GT '01
Coupe FX '01
Accord Euro-R '02
Atenza Sport 25Z '07
207 Gti '07
C5 V6 Exclusive '03
Primera 20V '01
WiLL VS '01
Mirage Cyborg ZR '97
Axela 23S '03

This is the 9th line-up, counting from the start of the game. The Fiat Coupe does only 10m37s. I was able to win this one with the Prius @ 295PP, with a DS3 and without a proper battery recharge, earning 1.9 million.

Edit: I've used wardez' setup. Thanks for sharing!

Based on Famine's discovery, I have written a formula relating the PP with total prize:

TP = (LB + 0.066*(PPMAX - PP))*BP

where:
TP: Total Prize
LB: Login Bonus (in percent, so 200%=2, 150%=1.5 etc)
PPMAX: Max PP allowed in the event (430, for the FF event)
PP: Performance Points of your car
BP: Base Prize of the event (181600 for the Cape Ring)

Now, we can invert this equation in order to find the PP needed for a desired prize:

PP = PPMAX - (TP/BP - LB)/0.066

This is useful for you to know the PP needed to not pass the 20 million Cr., for example.

That lineup realy matters..So must take bit my words back,so lucky is needed :lol:
Just got with 274pp
With this AI:

Got bit cash too :lol:

And here is my tune if someone needs it 👍

Edit:My best 269pp :D

Last edited:
Here is how Performance Difference Adjustment works:

For every 1PP you are below the limit, you get a bonus after your login bonus equivalent to 6.6% of the race's base prize money/XP for your position.

I'll assume it remains the same for positions other than winning, but I haven't not won yet to report back. I've not worked out the XP because I'm 40/40 and don't presently care, but I'd guess it's similar (Edit: Yes, XP is identical). I've tested multiple cars in multiple races at all the tracks and, for winning at least, that's exactly how it works.

Using one example from this thread and one of my own:

420PP FTO @ Tsukuba
Base prize: 166,100cr
170% login bonus: 282,370cr
6.6% of base prize (10,962) x 10PP = 109,626cr

282,370cr + 109,626cr = 391,996cr

305PP Polo @ Cape Ring
Base prize: 181,600cr
200% login bonus: 363,200cr
6.6% of base prize (11,985) x 125PP = 1,498,200cr

363,200cr + 1,498,200cr = 1,861,400cr

Well this renders my massive excel spreadsheet pointless - how did you find the 6.6%?

From that second example (I found earlier from a picture), I found the ratio between the original/base price to be 412.5% - BUT when I did 125/4.125 it came out as 30.3030303 recurring, which I was going to use as the common denominator for all of the PP calc differences, which I found accurate as 400PP came out as 2.023

Anyway, just another mathematical problem that I wanted to solve, which I think for my own purposes I did, but am still curious how you came to 6.6% (on your own?).

Based on Famine's discovery, I have written a formula relating the PP with total prize:

TP = (LB + 0.066*(PPMAX - PP))*BP

where:
TP: Total Prize
LB: Login Bonus (in percent, so 200%=2, 150%=1.5 etc)
PPMAX: Max PP allowed in the event (430, for the FF event)
PP: Performance Points of your car
BP: Base Prize of the event (181600 for the Cape Ring)

Now, we can invert this equation in order to find the PP needed for a desired prize:

PP = PPMAX - (TP/BP - LB)/0.066

This is useful for you to know the PP needed to not pass the 20 million Cr., for example.

And if I race with a 430PP car, do we run into a divide by zero issue? I am curious, we should just get the stated prize + logon bonus percentage

Tsukuba is difficult with anything under 400PP IMO, I struggled until I bumped my car up to about 405.

I used a 91' Civic SiR-II (EG) (no particular reason, just the first thing I grabbed from my garage) and was winning easily by a few seconds (last lap overtake though) with well under 400pp - around 370ish @ Tsukuba. Can't remember exactly as the Cape Ring paid out more so I concentrated on that instead after just a couple of attempts at Tsukuba.

Setup was "normal" i.e. NOT max front min rear ride height, what helped is adding 200kgs of ballast then increasing power.

This will give you a better power to weight ratio than a "stock" weight car, or one that has been lightened - but "pp" in effect is the same.

I've got as low as 325pp (109bhp / 1240kgs) to win at Cape Ring, that paid out 1.6 miliion.

Mine had a chassis and engine rebuild too, this reduced PP to Power / weight ratio though. Haven't driven a car without rebuild to compare handling / times, but did a restore on a similiar car, used power limiter to reduce to same PP and power to weight ratio not as good. I'm guessing no rebuild would be better on paper, not sure on track though.

Setup hasn't really been played with alot, just tweaked a couple of times.

0 / -6
12.6 / 6.0
7 / 4
4 / 2
2 / 6

1.7 / 2.2
+0.10 / -0.02

LSD = 20 / 18 / 45

EDIT: Brakes Fr 3 / Rr 9
Feels 'OK', a bit lively over the bumps @ Cape Ring but alot of fun.

Last edited:
Well this renders my massive excel spreadsheet pointless - how did you find the 6.6%?

From that second example (I found earlier from a picture), I found the ratio between the original/base price to be 412.5% - BUT when I did 125/4.125 it came out as 30.3030303 recurring, which I was going to use as the common denominator for all of the PP calc differences, which I found accurate as 400PP came out as 2.023

Anyway, just another mathematical problem that I wanted to solve, which I think for my own purposes I did, but am still curious how you came to 6.6% (on your own?).

Simple. I ran the race at 429PP, then 428PP, then 427PP and noticed the value increased by 6.6% of the base prize each time. I ran it at a few other values and each was a 6.6% increase per PP. I changed my login bonus (by changing my timezone) and it was still 6.6% per PP - meaning the bonus is not affected by the login bonus. I did the same at other tracks and found it was still 6.6% per PP - the race itself is irrelevant. Checking the other races in this thread for prize values, bonus values and PP values confirmed it at 6.6% per PP.

And if I race with a 430PP car, do we run into a divide by zero issue? I am curious, we should just get the stated prize + logon bonus percentage

No. If PP is 430, 430-430 is 0 and LB + 0 is just LB. You're always multiplying by LB of 1 (equalling 100%) even when you have no login bonus and are running at 430PP.

Simple. I ran the race at 429PP, then 428PP, then 427PP and noticed the value increased by 6.6% of the base prize each time. I ran it at a few other values and each was a 6.6% increase per PP. I changed my login bonus (by changing my timezone) and it was still 6.6% per PP - meaning the bonus is not affected by the login bonus. I did the same at other tracks and found it was still 6.6% per PP - the race itself is irrelevant. Checking the other races in this thread for prize values, bonus values and PP values confirmed it at 6.6% per PP.
No. If PP is 430, 430-430 is 0 and LB + 0 is just LB. You're always multiplying by LB of 1 (equalling 100%) even when you have no login bonus and are running at 430PP.

Dude that's dedication:bowdown: Thanks for the good work:tup:👍

I won Indy using a 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R slightly tuned under the 430 requirements ! Gonna try the Clubman Stage and see what happens !

Any guesses for next seasonal? What came after the previous FF challenge? I'm not counting the upcoming B-spec and TT/DT.

Any guesses for next seasonal? What came after the previous FF challenge? I'm not counting the upcoming B-spec and TT/DT.

Personally, would like to see some manufacturer specific events rather than get into another predictable pattern, mix it all up.

Not divide by zero. In this case, the formula says:

TP = (LB + 0.066*(430-430))*BP = LB*BP

That is, only the login bonus plus the base prize.

Interesting is the following: If it were possible to win with a 0 PP car, this would give:

TP = (LB+0.066*430)*BP=(2+0.066*430)*181600=5,517,008 Cr.

Which would be the best prize possible, with 200% (LB=2) of login bonus at Cape Ring. Or, more realistically, if it were possible to win with the 2CV @ 170PP:

TP = (LB+0.066*(430-170))*BP=(2+0.066*260)*181600=3,479,456 Cr.

That's it! Just playing with numbers! LOL

I tested a 170pp 2CV Type A with 200kg ballast for fun. I am surprised to receive cr.829,657 for last place at Eifel.

I did the same , 846,774 Cr. for last place (760,174 Cr. performance difference adjust) - 200%

164pp 300000km+ , bad oil and max ballast.

Finished 6 and half minutes behind 1st place.

MadMax

For everyone who is curious, I've updated my Matrix file, with a calculator for this new Performance Adjustment feature. Depending on the car/event info you provide, it will tell you what you receive / require.

For a quick calculation, just keep in mind that for every PP below the limit you are, you will receive an extra 11,986 credits, and 1,247 XP.

You can find my file in the link in my signature.

WOW you guys did some seriously insane math to figure this out... Sorry I just saw this. What I did to figure out the % increase was it says 400pp = double the credits.

430-400 = 30
200/30 = 6.66666repeating.

Figure nothing uses much after the hundredths place and chop it off there. Pretty accurate and took about 3 seconds.

Back from a short trip and have things changed!! Great twist for the seasonals, very smart way to push us into trying different, more challeging rides.
Started with the Civic Type R (Ek) '97, at 385pp with transmission and drivetrain improvements, overtook the Megan Renault Sports at the hairpin at tusukuba.
Same car but much easier at Cape Ring won by 5' over another type R, and half a second ahead of a Focus ST 06 in the Route.Nice 400.000 something adjustment.
But couldn't get it done at Daytona had to upgrade to 419pp...and then beat a Prelude type S '98 by .250.
The new system is a great addition to the game and a reminder of Pd dedication.

Just raced the SSR5 event with the 06 Eclipse GT. So far one of the best races I had! Beautiful handling, excellent power, and a superb engine note. Ran it stock, aside from SH tires and a sports exhaust, and won by about 3 seconds.

This is a very underrated car IMO. I recommend everyone to try it! 👍 👍

Back