Premium
United States
Hillsboro Oregon
XDesperado67
XDesperado67
Wallbanger's
2nd Annual
FF Summer Shootout
A year ago Ol'Harvey Wallbanger at the urging of a couple other GTPlanet members decided to sponsor a Shootout here in the tuning forum. Since he has always been a fan of the more offbeat cars that don't see as much track time the Wallbanger decided to make it an event for Front Wheel Drive cars only in an attempt to prove that they could have good performance and be fun to drive. Well that event proved so successful that it led to the formation of F.I.T.T. and an unbroken string of great events since then.

Now Ol'Harvey Wallbanger is back with his 2nd annual FF Summer Shootout and aiming to make it even better than the first one! Last year was about squeezing the maximum performance out of FF cars and had a 500PP limit. While this years event will still be about getting the best performance possible, it's aimed at the smaller cars around. No 2 liter DC5s this time, nope the Wallbanger is instead offering two classes for this event.
Class A will be for cars up to 1,000CC and have a 405PP limit.
Class B will be for cars up to 1,500CC and will have a 430PP limit.
Now in celebration of the summer Holidays for those of us north of the equator, Ol'Harvey decided that taking our econo boxes on vacation was the way to go. Of course here in the U.S. where the Wallbanger resides many of the finest places to go don't feature paved roads, so the challenge will be to create a hot little FF that is not only fast on the real world tracks we'll be seeing but also off the tarmac on some gravel. That's right you get one tune for both pavement and gravel! Enjoy the challenge.:crazy:

There will be 3 scoring categories for this event. The first two categories are the lap times on the designated courses. The third category is drivers choice.

All entries will be divided up into groups, with group size based on the number of entries, to expedite testing and set up scoring. Then the keys will be handed over to the Test Drivers.

But remember this isn't just about performance on the two closed circuits, but also about driving fun and pleasure . Points will be awarded for lap time rankings on the following two tracks for the first round and for the Drivers Choice rankings.
1)Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
2)Toscana/Change Time
This is a Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers sanctioned event.
F.I.T.T. rules will be used for this event. Any event specific rules and all deadlines are listed below.

Deadlines
Tuner Sign-ups are open from now until 11:59pm GMT 17 Jun 2012.

Test Driver Sign-ups will be open from now through 22 Jun 2012.

First round results for Test Drivers must be posted no later than 11:59pm GMT 24 Jun 2012.

Note: Extensions or exceptions to the above listed deadlines may be issued at the event sponsors discretion. However, it is up to the participants that they do everything possible to meet the listed deadlines as extensions or exceptions will only be granted under extenuating circumstances.
fitt3.png

Tuner Submissions
Between now and 11:59pm GMT 18 Jun 2012 all tuners who have confirmed entry must post their tune either here or in their own garages with a direct link to the tune posted here.

Eligible Cars
Class A FF with engine displacement under 1,000CC
Class B FF with engine displacement under 1,500CC
No Race Cars or Tuner Cars are allowed for either class.
Ballast limits
There is no limit on the total amount of ballast that may be used. Up to the full 200kg is authorized.
Power Limiter
Full use of the Power Limiter is allowed.
Tires
Sports Hard tires are the only authorized tires for this event.
Performance Points
Class A 405PP
Class B 430PP
Driving aids and track settings
ABS1 and the Driving line are the only authorized driving aids allowed the Test Drivers, and all testing is to be conducted with tire wear/fuel consumption off and grip reduction set to real, so tune accordingly.
Car Sharing
All Tuners are responsible for placing their car on share as written up in their tune, or making arrangements with one of the F.I.T.T. Car Hosts to place it on share.
Note: Tuners please ensure that your cars are fully broken in and have a fresh oil change prior to placing them on share. Also make sure that they have the authorized Sports Hard tires on them!
fitt2.png
Test Drivers
Anyone can volunteer as a test driver including tuners.
You can announce your intention to act as a Test Driver at any time prior to the Test Driver sign up deadline.
Note: Because entries are being divided into groups Test Drivers need not test all entries for their results to be counted. However, Test Drivers must announce what group or groups of cars they will test and must complete the testing of an entire group for their results to be counted.

Test Drivers results should all be placed in one post here with notifications posted when that results post is updated.

All Test Drivers must include a Drivers Choice ranking for all cars in each group they test. Just as with lap times this ranking will be averaged to produce a final list for the award of points. Drivers Choice rankings should be based on how easy and/or fun the car is to drive and not on its performance or looks.

Driving aids and track settings
ABS1 and the Driving line are the only authorized driving aids allowed the Test Drivers, and all testing is to be conducted with tire wear/fuel consumption off and grip reduction set to real. All testing is to be conducted offline using shared cars.
Note: It is the responsibility of both Tuners and Test Drivers to insure that they have exchanged FRs on PSN for testing. That said, anyone interested in testing should send needed FRs to Tuners as they are confirmed by me and added to the list since not all Test Drivers may volunteer to test all groups and the groups won't be formed until the beginning of the official Test Driver sign-up.
fitt.png
Prizes and awards
All Tuners and Test Drivers entering will receive their choice of either 10 random gears or 5 random paints.
Test Drivers will additionally receive a premium car up to Cr100,000 for each group tested.
Tuners advancing to the final round will get their choice of an additional 10 random gears or 5 random paints and a premium car up to Cr150,000.
Top Tuner will receive a Premium car up to Cr1,000,000
2nd Place Tuner receives a premium car up to Cr500,000
3rd Place Tuner receives a Premium car up to Cr250,000
Fastest Test Driver will get a premium car up to Cr1,000,000
Slowest Test Driver will receive a Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 with the RM conversion done to it as they obviously need more power.:lol:

There will also be a some special surprise awards made at the end of round 1!

So there you have it, "Wallbanger's 2nd Annual FF Summer Shootout!"

Hope to see a great turnout for this event and remember,
as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Tuners
Class A
Group 1
XDesperado67//XDesperado67 Daihatsu Mira TR-XX Avanzato R '97, "Pocket Monster Type R"
krenkme//krenkme Nissan BE-1 '87, "Rana Clamitans"
C-ZETA//V16T91 Toyota Yarris F (J) '99
Diogo G.//werty_56-1 Daihatsu Cuore Avanzato TR-XX R (J) '97
moparisgod//moparisgod Fiat Panda Super i.e. '90 Note: Hosted by krenkme

Group 2
ACSR421//acsr421 Daihatsu Copen "D.T." '02
trackripper123//Ziz528 Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
NEWDRIVER2//OTS_NEWDRIVER2 BE-1 '87
LineR32//LineR32 Kung PAO Micra '89
Motor City Hami//MotorCtyHamilton Suzuki Cervo SR '07

Group 3
Tris_73//TRIS_73 Suzuki Cervo SR '07
jollgreen//thelitch77 Daihatsu Sirion CX 2WD (J) '98
OSE_CAP_SHADOW//OSE_CAP__SHADOW HSV Insight Note: Hosted by XDesperado67
Theo777//Zigatan Honda Insight "Type R" '99
Jkinealy Daihatsu OFC-1 Concept Note: Hosted by XDesperado67

Class B
Group 1
XDesperado67//XDesperado67 Honda CR-Z '10, "Katana"
krenkme//krenkme Toyota Vitz RS Turbo '02, "Phyllobates Terribilis"
C-ZETA//V16T91 Mazda Demio Sport '03
NEWDRIVER2//OTS_NEWDRIVER2 Audi A2 1.4 '02
Jackthalad//CHRYSTALBUDS Honda, Ballade Sports CR-X 1.5Si '83

Group 2
ACSR421//acsr421 Mazda Kusabi '03
trackripper123//Ziz528 Mazda Kusabi Concept '03
OSE_CAP_SHADOW//OSE_CAP__SHADOW IST-R Note: Hosted by XDesperado67
LineR32//LineR32 Ka Kit Car
Motor City Hami//MotorCtyHamilton Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08

Group 3
Onboy123//Onboy123 Honda Jazz 1.4
jollygreen//thelitch77 Honda CR-Z '10
Diogo G.//werty_56-1 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 "Sunday Driver" '02
Theo777//Zigatan Nissan Micra "MicraMachine" '03
Jkinealy Fiat 500Rally Note:Hosted by XDesperado67

Group 4
Johnyboy532//Johnyboy532 Honda CR-Z '10
DigitalBaka//DigitalBaka Audi A2 1.4 '02, "Allroad"
moparisgod//moparisgod Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08 Note: Hosted by krenkme
tris_73//TRIS_73 Honda Ballade Sports CR-X 1.5Si '83

Test Drivers
Class A
XDesperado67//XDesperado67 all groups Testing Results
Theo777//Zigatan all groups Test Results
krenkme//krenkme Group 2 Test Results
Ronald6//GTP_Ronald All Groups

Class B
XDesperado67//XDesperado67 all groups
Niku Driver HC//Hcclipper all groups Test Results
ACSR421//acsr421 Group1 Test Results
Ronald6//GTP_Ronald all groups Test Results Toscana Complete
Test Results Laguna Seca feedback
Laguna Seca Hot Lap Times

Last edited:
Round 1 Results
The Tuners are listed in their order of finish for round one. The top two cars from each group will be in bold and will go to the final round. Unfortunately some of my favorite tunes just miss the cut as we had some exceptional entries here and my semi random placement of Tuners in groups lead to some very close results. I'm listing the average combined time on both tracks for the Test Drivers who tested all of a given class. For those groups that had a third Test driver a second average time will be listed.

Class A
Group 1
1) XDesperado67 230.415
2) krenkme 234.375
3) C-ZETA 235.435
4) moparisgod 236.648
5) Diego G. 237.298

Group 2
1) Motor City Hami 227.038 / 230.181
2) trackripper123 227.289 / 229.951
3) ACSR421 228.749 / 231.660
4) LineR32 235.935 / 239.554
5) NEWDRIVER2 238.260 / 241.438

Group 3
1) Theo777 230.609
2) Tris_73 230.654
3) JollyyGreen 231.741
4) OSE_CAP__SHADOW 232.263
5) JKinealy 239.684

Class B
Group 1
1) XDesperado67 225.089 / 223.707
2) krenkme 225.244 / 224.270
3) C-ZETA 225.343 / 224.895
4) Jackthalad 228.065 / 227.405
5) NEWDRIVER2 232.231 / 230.502

Group 2
1) ACSR421 220.920
2) trackripper123 224.197
3) Motor City Hami 224.689
4) OSE_CAP__SHADOW 226.906
5) LineR32 235.034

Group 3
1) Theo777 225.470
2) Onboy123 225.640
3) JollyGreen 226.878
4) JKinealy 230.422
5) Diego G. 232.384

Group 4
1) Johnyboy532 223.457
2) moparisgod 223.539
3) Tris_73 226.368
4) DigitalBaka 227.637

Once again great job everyone and a special congratulations to our finalists..:cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Final Round
Testing for the Final Round will be conducted on the Following courses.
Road Course - Daytona
Eiger Nordwand W Trail
(That's the shortest of the EigerNordwand gravel tracks.)

Last edited:
Note I've already gotten one question regarding the rules and to prevent any debate here was my response.

Yes! All cars have to be fully broken in and must have a fresh oil change! period, no discussion. Free use of ballast and the power limiter means there is no reason or excuse for not taking 30 seconds before placing the car on share to give it one last oil change. I don't care about oil light on or off, just change the damn oil then put the car on share.:crazy::drool:

Please feel free to ask me about any of the rules either here or via PM and I'll do my best to answer them in a timely fashion.

If I find someone in violation of one of the rules I'll give them a private warning to fix the issue. If I don't get a timely response I'll issue a public warning here. There will be no 3rd warning offenders will be disqualified if they fail to heed the warnings.
All the rules should be fairly clear and easy to follow so there shouldn't be a problem with abiding by them.

Let's have a fun event here where we talk about the cars and my crazy track choices instead of getting into a debate over rules and what they mean.👍👍

Everything looks good XD.:dopey: Sign me up as a tuner for both classes. I may be in as a test driver also, I should know for sure when we get closer to the sign up deadline. One quick question are concept cars allowed?

Everything looks good XD.:dopey: Sign me up as a tuner for both classes. I may be in as a test driver also, I should know for sure when we get closer to the sign up deadline. One quick question are concept cars allowed?
Will sign you up.👍👍

Yes concepts are allowed. I can only think of one off the top of my head and I doubt it will be highly competitive let alone be a real monster like the Trial Celica's were last year.

If I've missed something though I may have to change that ruling.:(

Wallbanger's
2nd Annual
FF Summer Shootout
* snip*

Deadlines
Tuner Sign-ups are open from now until 11:59pm GMT 17 Jun 2012.

Test Driver Sign-ups will be open from now through 22 Dec 2012.

First round results for Test Drivers must be posted no later than 11:59pm GMT 24 Jun 2012.

*snip*

Wow, I have plenty of time to decide if I want to test :dopey: :P

I don't know about the gravel, but sign me up for tuner please... I need to regain my place at the bottom of these things :cheers:

Will sign you up.👍👍

Yes concepts are allowed. I can only think of one off the top of my head and I doubt it will be highly competitive let alone be a real monster like the Trial Celica's were last year.

If I've missed something though I may have to change that ruling.:(

I was thinking the Kusabi might be a monster. :drool:

Got you signed up as a tuna for both Classes krenkme.👍👍

Think the PP limit will keep it in line with the others in it's class AC.

Has it really been a year already? Man, where did the time go? :crazy:

I'm gonna think on this a bit. Last year I went as a driver and had a great time but I'm a bit short on time lately. I will tune at least one car but I'm still looking over the selections and finding that I don't have many in my garage. Would it be alright for me to post here if I am looking for a particular car to trade for? I'm perfectly willing to do one for one or paint or whatever but I wanna make sure I don't get my hand slapped by "mean ol' Mister Wallbanger"! :lol::cheers:

DigitalBaka
Has it really been a year already? Man, where did the time go? :crazy:

I'm gonna think on this a bit. Last year I went as a driver and had a great time but I'm a bit short on time lately. I will tune at least one car but I'm still looking over the selections and finding that I don't have many in my garage. Would it be alright for me to post here if I am looking for a particular car to trade for? I'm perfectly willing to do one for one or paint or whatever but I wanna make sure I don't get my hand slapped by "mean ol' Mister Wallbanger"! :lol::cheers:

I may have what your looking for in my garage. Just pm me which car u need and I'll send it to ya if I have one.

I have spare low mileage copies of most of the FFs that can be used for this so feel free to ask away DB.

Nothing in the rules says you can't have help getting the cars you want.:odd:

Okay one more thing both krenkme and Onboy said they are in as tunas but didn't indicate which Class they were entering or if they are entering both. Knowing them I've signed them up for both Classes but in the future can everyone please indicate which Classes they are entering.:odd:

I'm in for both.

Though doing both classes could mix things up a bit in terms of testing.

Also, since Power Limiter/Ballast is allowed, I could literally have a Class B contender already in the form of my Lantis, which is at 431 currently. No I don't because it has a 2.0 V6. Still cool, though. :cool:

Can I test both classes but only on gravel (Toscana)?
You could but the results won't count for determining the winners of this Shootout.

Remember also I will be dividing the tuners up into smaller test groups so if time is an issue you only need to test a group or two on both tracks for your results to be included and receive your Test Driver awards.👍👍

But, but... I can't tune for gravel... :(

Tuner for both classes 👍
Will both classes be run on gravel? And presumably they'll use the same setup to run on both surfaces? Sports Hard tyres on gravel too?

But, but... I can't tune for gravel... :(

Tuner for both classes 👍
Will both classes be run on gravel? And presumably they'll use the same setup to run on both surfaces? Sports Hard tyres on gravel too?
Same tune for both surfaces only change is the tires as you have to equip dirt tires for Toscana, and yes both Classes will run on both tracks.

Stick me down as a tuner for both classes please.
Adding both of you to the list of tuners. Good luck.:D

Doug , could you give me a small expication of the double Cs entries (1000 and 1500) ? I only understand double Ds :lol:

I think my two tunes are ready actually, what sort of times are people running on the tracks? :lol:

Eh, only doing Laguna, and I haven't even found a good car yet. What this shootout actually is, is the "450PP shopping trolley shootout". :lol:

Back