ALMS Season V

579746_10150637666901991_129807286990_9608011_1830768730_n.jpg

AmLeMans-Patron-logo.jpg

Season V

Welcome to season five of the celebrated multi-class GT Planet ALMS series! The American Le Mans Series was started in 1999 by Don Panoz, and today is enjoyed by drivers and race fans from across the globe. Here's a link to their webpage if you're interested in catching the races:

Here.

This series is for clean racing, especially because two classes (LMP and GT) are having their races simultaneously and at vastly different speeds in acceleration and deceleration.

If you're feeling rusty or unsure, these videos from the iRacing series are massively helpful:

Here.

Time and Place

Initially, the lobby will open at 8 PM EST every Friday for short practice. Qualifying and the actual race will begin at 8:30 PM EST. Qualifying for all three classes will begin at 8:30 - or 8:45 depending on conditions, then the actual race at 9 sharp. The room will be a public type so no need to FR any Race Stewards. The lobby host can be any competitor who knows how to host a large room and has a decent connection.

Procedures

Qualifying
At 8:30 or 8:45, the host of the lobby will call for everyone to leave the track to reset the times. Once instruction is called, everyone will enter back onto the track and submit their hot laps. You have a limited amount of time to submit your best times, so drive quickly and carefully. Any drivers who have finished their session may exit the track. Do not execute any action that will infuriate other drivers like slow chatting via Chat Box.

The Flying Lap
At 9, the Automated Race Timer will commence the countdown for the race. At that time, any and all hot lap times are submitted. When the race loads and begins, DO NOT drive off! Stay within your slots until the Race Steward will call out each driver's placement for the flying lap. Once everyone's accounted for, construct a single or X2 file line that incorporates your correct placement, with LMP in front, GT behind. If your slot is incorrect, you will be penalized on accident or not, so pay attention at all times. Drivers must maintain a speed of 60 mph, and may perform the "zig-zag" movement to heat up the tires. LMP should also be close to GT class, leaving a large gap between each class. Flying Lap will end once the driver in front passes the finish line (in some cases, the track may be too long where the Flying Lap's ending will change).

The Race
Once Flying Lap ends, go ahead and put on your Game Face! Make sure you watch your time, and have two tires on the road at all times! Rumble strips are part of the track; green zones or "overshoot" areas are not (unless your speed is too hectic)!

Traffic
There will be a time where LMPs will obviously lap the GT class. GT drivers should hold their lines and be predictable to LMP drivers, who must pass off line or on straights. However, it is polite to take a late apex and/or give room to LMP traffic especially in a lead battle (it is also polite for LMPs to wait for GTs in a lead battle). Heads up and share the road are the name of the game, as safety is paramount and avoidable contact will garner penalties. Also, if you punt someone off track, wait for them to re-enter and do not gain their position.

Pit Etiquette
Make sure you pit properly, from entry to exit. This means entering at a cruising speed, and exiting in a manner that will not damage the fluency of the oncoming traffic. We recommend you to enter and exit within the boundary lines. All drivers must also make one mandatory pit stop throughout each race. At the length of our races on softs, that won't be a worry unless you like ice-skating.

Room Settings & Restrictions
The following layout will be employed for the race lobby. It also includes Driving Aids all drivers must negotiate to.

Driving Aids
TCS & Driving Line (although I'm against this--you should learn the lines without it, they might even be a hindrance to developing the best line for your car).

All else is banned.

Room Settings
Tire Restriction: Racing Soft, Mediums, or Hard
Grip Reduction: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
Damage: Light
Penalties: Off
Distance: No specified distance (1 hour per round)
Draft: Weak
Boost: Off
Weather Changeability (Where Applicable): 5
Surface Water (Where Applicable): 0
Weather (Where Applicable): 0

Points System
The following rubric will be utilized to interpret championship points for the series. The position is based on class arrival, not overall arrival.

1st: 20 Pts
2nd: 16 Pts
3rd: 13 Pts
4th: 10 Pts
5th: 8 Pts
6th: 6 Pts
7th: 4 Pts
8th: 3 Pts
9th: 2 Pts
10th: 1 Pt
11th-16th: 0 Pts

Disconnection Forgiveness: There will be a time where Disconnections are inevitable during racing. If you are victim and have finished at least 75% of the race, the points will be half of your final position.

Performance Forgiveness: If you performed miserably on some races, the first 2 races that you did worst will be dropped. However this will not be ruled in until season ends.

Manufacturer Challenge: Drivers with common manufacturers will be placed under a Manufacturer Challenge, in which each driver's points will be combined to form the Manufacturer Score. This style is a minority, and isn't primary in the series. Drivers may wish to not be included in the Challenge.

Crews/Teams: Drivers may wish to create a team of two to battle against other teams or solo drivers. The "crew" must have a representative name and share the same manufacturer. Persons who are in a crew will not be able to join the Manufacturer Challenge. Additionally, the crew will rely on each other in order to win. Basically, each member will earn half of the points from the Rubric, until it is combined. Then I add 2 points, and that's your team's final points. Sometimes, I do get decimals, so I just leave it there. In this method, each member would have to really contribute.

Registration
Use the following format to register for series participation:

GTPlaneUsername:
PSN:
Class:
Car:

If you arrive in incidents that either your PSN or GTP User has changed, please report it to Race Stewards. The modification will be finalized next to your previous name.

The Rides
The following contains all homologated vehicles for the season. It is split into classes, and consists of specifications that must be set for fair racing. There can only be two drivers sharing the same car.

LMP1 Class
500hp 950kg for Audi
500hp 900kg for Toyota
510hp 900kg for BMW
500hp 940kg for Bentley
520hp 900kg for Pescarolo's/Courage
510hp 930kg for Peugeot's

GT Class

BMW M3 Coupe '07 - 590 HP/1342 KG
(to become CSL at whatever point in the season gatrs homologates it)

Ford GT '06 - 440 HP/1300 KG

Ferrari 458 Italia '09 - 480 HP/1300 KG

RUF RGT '00 - 500 HP/1300 KG

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 - 480 HP/1300 KG

Lotus Evora '09 - Highest specs possible*/1280 KG

* Includes all tuning parts, which encompass engine upgrades and associated parts.

Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 - ??/??

Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR- 480 HP/1300 KG

Tunable Assets
As mentioned in the Intro, you can tune your cars as much as you want, such as attaching aerodynamic parts, to modifying gear ratios. You may also share your tunes here. The only restriction is to not attach any aftermarket components other than cars that are strictly specified to install such components.

Registered Drivers List
This section includes all drivers that have registered and/or currently racing in the series. The section is divided into branches: The Registry & Active list is drivers who have registered and is going strong in the series. The Registry & Inactive list is drivers who have registered but hasn't been attending much of the races. Finally, the Reserve list is drivers who have registered during season. At times, drivers under this branch are able to earn points that will follow them when they become Active drivers in the season. Drivers under the 2nd branch are in danger of being replaced by reserve drivers due to inadequate presence in the series. There is also the allowance of Guests, which can race in the series but are not accounted for the championship. That will also be recorded here. Drivers who are in teams will be placed next to each other. Note: Some spots are organized by PSN Name/GTP Name.

Registry & Active
LMP

1.)metalgear54, 908

2.)cowboys, 908

3.)cnd01, Pescaralo Courage JUDD GV5

4.)freshseth83, Bentley

5.)FH, Bentley

6.)jakegirard, R8

7.)PipiR6, BMW V12 LMR

8.)Sinladar, Toyota

GT

1.)mockingbird00000, Ford GT

2.)stupidstormy36, 458, Vantage

3.)gtamann123, TBA

4.) coastiewannabe, 458

5.)StormPacer17, Lotus

6.)THAT_GUY_2, 458 or Vette

7.)ghskilla, Viper

Reserves

LMP

1.)BermudaKID, R8

2.)TDZ-4-12-14-88, 908 Matmut or BMW V12 LMR

3.)marl, whatever the heck he drives

4.)T-n-T-2000, Bentley or Toyota

5.) Anthony, whatever he's driving

6.) mikey_2412, 908 Team ORECA Matmut 10' (Peugeot)

GT

1.)Kevin01SH, probably Vette?

2.)DolphinDiamond, 458

3.)skyrocket0415, 458

4.)gatrs, beetle/cheater

5.)macospet1, Vette

Schedule
The Actual Season will be comprised of 12 rounds, each race having a different style and demand to it. The Endurance Listing is an optional inclusion into the Season.

Season Listing
Laguna Seca (Preseason/no points)
Daytona Road Course
Suzuka*
Monza*

Cote d'Azure
Indy Road Course
Spa-Francorchamps (Mid-season/no points)
Circuito de Madrid
Laguna Seca
Nurburgring GP/F
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
Motegi (End season/no points)

Last edited:
Guess I should sign up on time this season Ill be going with the ford this tme around.

Got you down. Jeez Cowboy complains about not having a new season post and then it's all quiet in here :)

EDIT: Do people want to do all the same tracks? Or maybe a few city courses like Madrid or SSR5? Just some thoughts as the real series has Baltimore and Long Beach.

Updated :sly:

Also a side note, I don't have time to "run" the series, but I can maintain this page since techni did it last season and gatrs before that. Figured I've been taking up the rear so long I should contribute in some way...

So that means I can't always host rooms--in fact it's a bad idea since my connection is so unstable.

That said, hope we get more usuals popping in here soon. And of course the newcomers! :)

GTP: Mac K
PSN: macospet1
Class: GT
Car: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Cowboys recommended this series to me. Looks like a fun series and you all seem to be friendly. Hope you don't mind me joining.

Can we choose any colour scheme we want? Or does it have to replicate the cars that run in the real ALMS?

Tower Turn 13
It's any color.

I seem to remember a particularly ugly pink Ferrari one season...

It must have been Cowboys.. Something tells me :P

I see that you've retained my concept of OP development, TT13 👍 I so hope that we can start on-time this season. That is the main priority in this series.

Updated :sly:

Also a side note, I don't have time to "run" the series, but I can maintain this page since techni did it last season and gatrs before that. Figured I've been taking up the rear so long I should contribute in some way...

So that means I can't always host rooms--in fact it's a bad idea since my connection is so unstable.

That said, hope we get more usuals popping in here soon. And of course the newcomers! :)

This series is - of course - not strict on the idea of going political, so we'll just leave it up to the participants to suggest anything as the series moves along. So anyone in this series can "run" it.

Last edited:
Could a few people run it? Or would that be to complicated? If a few run it, then someone would always be available to host, etc.

For now id like to be put down as a reserve driver in the GT class. Ive been putting in a lot of time with iracing, but it would be nice to come back every once in a while. Id like to do Daytona Road for sure since its my favorite track. I originally wanted to jump to LMP, but i know i wont be putting in any practice. Also i wont be doing the standings for this season, so someone else can do it.

The ZR1 feels awesome with the ALMS specs, been playing around with it for a bit. Now I'm really looking forward to this.

It was a Corvette. :(

Nope. :D

Was Sparty, with Watermelon green wheels too.

Oh god that's right. Bleck.

Also, Kevin I got you down on the Reserves list.

I'm thinking of running sports suspensions in all the GT5 series I'm in, versus fully tunable. I feel like I do more harm than good tweaking things.

EDIT: No one caught that I said ALMS started half a century ago? Wow, can't believe I didn't get called out on that one. I was thinking of the 12 hours of Sebring. Doh. Fixed OP.

Last edited:
Tower Turn 13
Oh god that's right. Bleck.

Also, Kevin I got you down on the Reserves list.

I'm thinking of running sports suspensions in all the GT5 series I'm in, versus fully tunable. I feel like I do more harm than good tweaking things.

EDIT: No one caught that I said ALMS started half a century ago? Wow, can't believe I didn't get called out on that one. I was thinking of the 12 hours of Sebring. Doh. Fixed OP.

OPs are just like manuals; nobody reads them.

:P

When does the full season actually start? Just curious.

Well we'd need to generate a track list for preseason and full season first. Then we'd probably just head into it.

Though I'm not for having a long pre-season. It's too slow since we race once a week. I vote for one-three preseason tracks, depending on how full our list is by then. This Friday I'll be out of town but that doesn't mean others can't race (like I said I wouldn't host anyway). What would you all want to do?

Would people vote for 12 full season and one pre-season tracks? Tracks with the most votes win? Just a suggestion.

There are certain tracks that always end up on the list because of the focus on real world circuits, like Daytona Road, Indy Road, Nurburg GP/F, Le Mans, Cote D'Azur etc. but pre-season could really be anything since it's for fun and testing.

The ZR1 feels awesome with the ALMS specs, been playing around with it for a bit. Now I'm really looking forward to this.

Do the vette proud, reigning GT champion car. No pressure or anything though :sly:

GTPlaneUsername: stupidstormy36
PSN: stupidstormy36
Class: GT
Car: Ferrari 458 Italia '09 or the Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10.

If teams are allowed:

Team: Velocima Motorsports

Will the V12 Vantage's final specs be posted up soon?

Can we also limit the usage of Soft tires in some way? Perhaps only use them one stint or something? Or completely ban them? Just a suggestion.

GTPlaneUsername: Technicolors
PSN: gtamann123
Class: TBA
Car: TBA

Hmm let me dig it up...

Actually I'm functionally handicapped when it comes to searching forums. Do you have a link?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=230003&highlight=Season+3

...OR...

Nurburgring GP/F (Preseason)
Laguna Seca (Preseason)
Spa-Francorchamps (Preseason)
Daytona Road Course
Suzuka*
Monza*
Cote d'Azure
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
Laguna Seca
Nurburgring GP/F
Circuito de Madrid

Will Motegi be another feature as well?

I will sign up for the whole season. I am not sure how many I will make.

cnd01/cnd01/LMP/Pescaralo Courage JUDD GV5/central daylight time (US)

Back