Japanese 80s Festival

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 437 comments
Just won the Tsukuba race with Mugen Motul Civic Si '87. I overtaked the Hond City Turbo in the begininng of the 4th lap. Nissan GTS-R R32 was 9.555s after me.

Minimum Aerodynamics and Final Speed at 180 KM/h

Phew thank god for that just completed it did them all with the rx7 and a entire day tuning and tweaking all to win a car I already have but a good challenge a good tester

Has anyone beat the Roadster or the Skyline at tSukuba when they start in front?

If so, did you use SRF?

After 5 attempts I beat the lead Eunos Roadster by about 1.5 secs and only on the last turn. And yes I was using SRF and TCS as well.

I was strapped into a Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited SC '86 with a Praiano tune untouched except where I lowered both ends by 5 pts. Tranny was at minimum.
I had won this one before against the weaker fields but really wanted that one win vs. the Miata so now that I have that under my belt I doubt I'll be back. The other races in this series are a piece of cake compared to Tsukuba so don't let this one one scare you off the others. There's money to be made on the rest for sure.

edit: I should add that I consider myself a just a good "average joe" racer. There's no Alien blood in me. I use a DS3 and if I can do this so can you.Use the racing line too as that will help as well.

Last edited:
Rit
After 5 attempts I beat the lead Eunos Roadster by about 1.5 secs and only on the last turn. And yes I was using SRF and TCS as well.

I was strapped into a Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited SC '86 with a Praiano tune untouched except where I lowered both ends by 5 pts. Tranny was at minimum.
I had won this one before against the weaker fields but really wanted that one win vs. the Miata so now that I have that under my belt I doubt I'll be back. The other races in this series are a piece of cake compared to Tsukuba so don't let this one one scare you off the others. There's money to be made on the rest for sure.

Scared? Hardly. I'm having a blast! :D I'm sure the other races will be boring in comparison. :lol:

I resorted to SRF last night trying to beat the Roadster with a Roadster. Even with SRF this is a hard one. I got within 0.5 seconds but I was too tired so I went to bed.

I'm going to beat the roadster with him starting in front. I'd REALLY rather not use SRF so if anybody has done it without SRF I want to know.

No I never use SRF good old fashion tuning

So I infer from this (and your previous post) that you beat the Roadster at Tsukuba with him starting in front, using the RX-7, without using SRF...

Not to pummel an expired equine, but I'm looking for specifics.

Last edited:
Use the 89 Miata 420pp. Beat it by 5 sec's. It took some tweaking but got it done on the 3rd try. (magikcity)

The civic was the rabbit car I got to under a second away from the Mazda but then came up against the civic and took the lead half way round the 5th lap

My Mugen Motul Civic at 370pp was also good on La Sarthe for a 1,065,000 credits with a 170% bonus. Took about 11 minutes.

ABS 1 nothing else on and the starting grid does make a difference civic in front holds the Mazda up and that makes the difference . The RX7 had full suspension and racing flywheel carbon prop twin clutch but still got close to the Mazda pretty sure it's doable pp points 420

Idk why but they made the world classic car a pain in the butt but this one is even worst.i hope the next one they would fix the position when they make the next one because these races is getting worst

They are certainly tougher thats for sure the tsukuba was getting near to the edge of my ability level at this game to win without SRF was very tough and I used then mogen civic

Im hoping the academy seasonals are getting tougher but not too tough so I cant gold them :)

Rockford
They are certainly tougher thats for sure the tsukuba was getting near to the edge of my ability level at this game to win without SRF was very tough and I used then mogen civic

Im hoping the academy seasonals are getting tougher but not too tough so I cant gold them :)

They need to do the same to the races

The civic was the rabbit car ...

So the Roadster or Skyline did not start in front.

I am looking for anybody that beat Tsukuba with one of those 2 cars starting in front.

I want to know:

What car started in front?

What car did you use?

Did you use SRF?

I know I can beat them using SRF. I was only 0.5 seconds behind yesterday and did not have perfect laps. But if it's possible to beat them with any car not using SRF I want to know what car.

I already know it takes 1:07.0 laps to beat those 2 cars. I just need to know if any car will do that without SRF.

I'm going to try the Izusu this evening.

Last edited:
I have tried Tsukuba few times with 4200R Concept and Mugen Motul Civic and always lost nearly 20 seconds to the first car...This is really challenging race:ouch:

Last time I tried I got into second place easily but the Skyline GTS-t was over 20 seconds ahead of the second AI. I have raced against that Skyline and Eunos Roadster and had no chance of winning. Can anyone say which cars on the first place are easier to win?

EDIT: Now raced against City Turbo II, easy win and my lap times weren't amazing, around 1.09s. So City Turbo II starting on the first place seems to be one of the easiest cars to win.

Last edited:
I am looking for anybody that beat Tsukuba with one of those 2 cars starting in front.

I want to know:

What car started in front?

What car did you use?

Did you use SRF?

I already posted a tune, and have a replay available too of winning the Tsukuba race with a Skyline GTS-T '89, which had a Miata starting in 1st position (the most difficult grid line up).

I was lapping down to 1:05.7xx without SRF, and finished the race in a flat 5m:30s.

Link to the tune I made. This beat the Miata comfortably, got ahead during turn 2 of the final lap.

I finally won in the Tsukuba race.so it's possible to win in that race with a civic in front and no skyline gts-t and a 4200r

Hi racers, can you please post your car setups with what car used. Man this is a hard race.
Thanks

Last edited:
Finally managed to gold Tsukuba with the Mugen. Engine stage 3, ECU (I think), transmission set to minimum (112mph?), TCS off, ABS 7, controller sensitivity 7 (using DS3). Fastest lap was 1:07:6xx. Won by 0.7s, overtaking just before the final corner. Phew! Not the most difficult lineup, though.

I already posted a tune, and have a replay available too of winning the Tsukuba race with a Skyline GTS-T '89, which had a Miata starting in 1st position (the most difficult grid line up).

I was lapping down to 1:05.7xx without SRF, and finished the race in a flat 5m:30s.

Link to the tune I made. This beat the Miata comfortably, got ahead during turn 2 of the final lap.

Can you post the video? I'd like to see it.

Is the MT. Aso track the track they used for GTA America. I think it was the track used for racer x knock out round.

edit: on second thought it isn't, but something is familiar about it.

Last edited:
im glad im not the only one having issues with that Tsukuba race. 1st race i got second. 1st was the roadster. My second attempt they rubbed it in my face. 1st 2nd and 3rd were all roadsters!!!! thats right i went from 2nd to fourth. i was using the roadster (special package).

The Mt. Aso track is random, and different for every person.
no this is not true. its the same for everyone.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back