2013 Middle East General Discussion

Why aren't Egypt in the eligible countries, is there a way to talk to a GTAcademy rep for this, really gutted

Hey Sems, sorry to hear about your situation. It's only for countries in the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf or Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) as well as Lebanon. The thing is that each country has to put up lots of money of its own in order to be eligible to send competitors through to GT Academy. I imagine Egypt still needs to focus all resources on the establishing of new government and security. It seems to be just bad timing. You can try contacting the Eygyptian arm of
Marketing for Nissan but that's about it.

Saudi and UAE are going to be the heavy weights in this competition but I have my special country to root for the win: go Lebanon! :D

Last edited:
Great news!!
but am not sure if there are many good players in the GCC ..
and, Saudi's are always playing "drifting" which am sure its not lol ...
anyway, am from Bahrain and I can't wait for this event :)

Is it based on nationality or not ?
Because so many expat resides in GCC countries
I need to know this as well, since I'm not from the middle east but I live in Bahrain!

Great news!!
but am not sure if there are many good players in the GCC ..
and, Saudi's are always playing "drifting" which am sure its not lol ...
anyway, am from Bahrain and I can't wait for this event :)
Hey can you update me on timings and stuff? Last time an event like that was held at City Center I had no idea and completely missed it. I really don't know where they hold these things.

As for the online leader boards challenge. How are we expected to download the GT Academy title from the store, since only UAE accounts have access to a PSN store?

The format, which will be covered by a reality TV show, will be thus: in October, Playstation gamers will be able to download dedicated GT Academy software based on Gran Turismo 5, although they won’t need the original game to get it. That will present them with a series of racing challenges to complete over an eight-week period. The fastest 16 gamers will go through to a regional final, which will be held at the Dubai Autodrome in January.

They said it will be a downloadable contant ... Not sure how it will works for Bahrain, maybe we can download from UAE store and play with bahrain account if that possible. :nervous:

BHRxRacer
I didnt hear about the city center as well ... And sure if i have any news about the event i will talk to you if you add me on psn.

In sha'Allah you get to see the 24 Hours of Dubai race if you guys make it to the regional finals! I love the way GTA is setting this very unique GTA up.

Hey Sems, sorry to hear about your situation. It's only for countries in the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf or Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) as well as Lebanon. The thing is that each country has to put up lots of money of its own in order to be eligible to send competitors through to GT Academy. I imagine Egypt still needs to focus all resources on the establishing of new government and security. It seems to be just bad timing. You can try contacting the Eygyptian arm of
Marketing for Nissan but that's about it.

Saudi and UAE are going to be the heavy weights in this competition but I have my special country to root for the win: go Lebanon! :D

Yeah I was really looking forward to this :indiff: ,I'll try to contact anyone but in the mean time glad that finally Middle easterns will get the chance Id like to wish all involved the best of luck. :cheers:

Why aren't Egypt in the eligible countries, is there a way to talk to a GTAcademy rep for this, really gutted

Due to the civil war that's going on maybe, which is a shame. Not sure though.

Damn I'm getting excited. Time to re-fine my GT5 driving skills.

BTW I'm a local dude from Dubai and I'm looking forward to this. :D

Sad that Egypt isnt part of it.
Saw some pretty fast guys back in the 2012 GT academy leaderboard.
well since GT has expanded to the middle east, Egypt might be included eventually.

as for all the guys who are eligible, looking forward to racing with ya. :D

Practice Practice Practice!!

Great news! I'm looking forward to participating in this event. Good luck to all competitors.

Hey man....all good?

saw your timing on the GT Academy board and we're pretty close (apart from the last active steering round which I wasnt into it at all :D)

Finally we are eligible.

Vette_Drift
Hey man....all good?

saw your timing on the GT Academy board and we're pretty close (apart from the last active steering round which I wasnt into it at all :D)

Finally we are eligible.

Active steering does make a difference in times, although it reduces realism (and fun) quite a bit.
Best of luck. I always enjoy good competition.

I'll be going to the Games12 where they have the wildcard competition and todays the last day. hopefully they can answer some questions about the online competition.

as for the wildcard competition, the track is high speed ring :S which is a farcry from the actually academy trails.

Hey there...I went and came 2nd and this was during the final hours in the last day. If I went for all 3 days I probably would have won.
But the format was really disappointing. High speed ring,GTR and Skid Recovery?...

I hope the online competition is less like this and more of the actually 2012 GT Academy.

Hey there...I went and came 2nd and this was during the final hours in the last day. If I went for all 3 days I probably would have won.
But the format was really disappointing. High speed ring,GTR and Skid Recovery?...

I hope the online competition is less like this and more of the actually 2012 GT Academy.

Did they say there when the online competition will be available

Vette_Drift

Better luck in the online competition. Do you know which GTR was used?

Back