TH8RS, DSD, etc. to Fanatec Adapter - BasherBoards SFA1

• Thread starter mrbasher
  • 366 comments
Another happy costumer :-) the SFA1 is awesome! No problem at all, plug'n play :-) so you guys that are still using the Fanatec shifter, which is ok, GET THIS COMBO (SFA1+TH8 RS), so much better. :-)
To the guys from Denmark, if there is anyone in here, the SFA1+ps/2 cable and import tax is about 840 kr. (90£)

mrbasher!! Awesome product :-)

Awesome! Thanks for posting guys :)

Rune... At the current exchange rate you had to pay $41.70 just in tax??? Given that I mark $85 as the value on these, that's 49% tax!!! Good grief... :( Sorry about that.

mrbasher: no problem :) when buying outside EU there is always taxes and other fees involved :) so I was prepared :)

OH!!... be glad you don't have to buy cars in Denmark, we pay 180% in taxes, besides the cars value! put that in your pipe and smoke it! :D

Well I live in Washington state, so there's a lot of things I can put my pipe and smoke... Legally... :P

"can" should have been emphasized... Since I don't actually even have a pipe nor anything to put in it lol :)

Hey mrbasher...
Heard you weren't feeling well, I hope you feel better soon.

Are you still considering making an adapter to make the TH8RS analog hookup to the CSP's?

Just wondering, and I also have another question that I will pm you.

birdie1964 posted over at f-wheel.com that his customs charges were £28.66 (he's in the UK as well)

I hope that helps. I'm curious to see what Steve paid.

No problem. :)

On an unrelated note, I am transitioning to black for the RJ12 to PS2 cables. They are almost $2 a piece more, but people want black, so I'm giving them black.

On an unrelated note, I am transitioning to black for the RJ12 to PS2 cables. They are almost $2 a piece more, but people want black, so I'm giving them black.

If the people complain, remind them they're buying a $90 device to connect a $150 shifter to their $180+ wheel. $2 is a drop in the bucket. I think the transition is worth it and makes the kit look more "finished".

Would it be possible, to offer on your website the addition of cables like this:

Adapter + "RJ12 to PS2" + "PS2 to PS2" ?

I have hooked up my Fanatec wheel with the included Fanatec short PS2 cable, to still have access to the port, even when the wheel is hard mounted.

I'd rather buy one or two cable options too much, than missing a cable and running the hard ware stores in town ;-)

Btw - I am a happy user of the SFA1 + CSR-Elite + Forza4 and look forward, to order more adapters, as my cockpit options evolve …

Would it be possible, to offer on your website the addition of cables like this:

Adapter + "RJ12 to PS2" + "PS2 to PS2" ?

I have hooked up my Fanatec wheel with the included Fanatec short PS2 cable, to still have access to the port, even when the wheel is hard mounted.

I am assuming you are using PS/2 Cable on both ends...

I bought a female to female PS/2 adapter and use it in between 2 short Fanatec PS/2 cables. The other thing you can do is get a male to female PS/2 extension cable.

Be forewarned though, if you are partial to black, PS/2 cables are hard to come by in black for lengths under 30"...and most male to female PS/2 extension cables I found started at 30".

I did not want to hassle with tucking excess cabling away somewhere. That is why I personally went with a female to female PS/2 adapter. Even that was only available in beige.

You can see it on my profile album's photo that shows the back of my GT3RS V.2.

Hey mrbasher could you put me down for a couple of the black RJ12 to PS2 cables so I can take the black tape off the current grey one's I've been using :lol:.

By the way both adapters have been working flawlessly since the fw update, nice to not have to worry about if the adapter is connected to the correct shifter 👍.

By the way both adapters have been working flawlessly since the fw update, nice to not have to worry about if the adapter is connected to the correct shifter 👍.

Switching also works fine ;)

Btw, did you do any mods on your DSD shifter?

Hey mrbasher could you put me down for a couple of the black RJ12 to PS2 cables so I can take the black tape off the current grey one's I've been using :lol:.

No problem. :) I'll send you a PM with some details on ordering the cables since they aren't on my site right now.

Thanks for posting about the FW update, I was beginning to wonder about you ;)

PS All... I hadn't said anything out this publicly yet but, I have a new universal firmware that's been tested. It now officially supports both the TH8RS and DSD Pro Sequential, all in one firmware. The adapter can tell which shifter is connected and acts appropriately. This also opens up the doors for easily adding more shifters down the road.

I'll post the firmware update on my site in the near future. It's not critical to update to it so there's really no rush. If anyone NEEDS the firmware that supports the DSD, just shoot me a PM. :) (for the time being)

Switching also works fine ;)

Btw, did you do any mods on your DSD shifter?

I replaced the bent handle with another option and Derek was kind enough to install a mirrored top to match my other components. He also lined the inside of the shifter with sound dampening material to quite the shifter sound since I race a lot while others are sleeping.

photobucket-53601-1352996344718.jpg

Sorry took so long to report mrbasher...too busy celebrating the new law passed in your state :dopey: !!

I basically did the same thing. Except the shiny plate ;)
Fitted my Sparco knob and sleeved the shaft to reduce the "clank".
The feel of the shifter is awesome and thanks to MrBasher rocks not also in FM and GT.

20121108_233606 by theSpike125, on Flickr

Handbrake wanting people... I have a question for you. :)

How were you wanting to implement this. Just throw out there what you wanted to do.

The reason I ask is that I found the proper connector and have them. Don't get TOO excited yet, that's just the first step and I'm pretty tied up with other things for the moment. However, I need your input... So... input! :)

How were you wanting to implement this.

Do you mean hardware-wise as in the physical device to be used as the handbrake? or connection-wise as in the handbrake-friendly CSP board?

Mostly with regard to the connection. There are boards that have the handbrake connector, but this only works in some scenarios. Then I guess there is the option of connecting to the clutch input instead, then mapping that to the handbrake.

I'm asking really a general question here on purpose though. The folks that brought this up had something in mind and I don't want to steer them. I want their direct input with regard to how they envisioned accomplishing this.

mrbasher

How were you wanting to implement this. Just throw out there what you wanted to do.

The reason I ask is that I found the proper connector and have them. Don't get TOO excited yet, that's just the first step and I'm pretty tied up with other things for the moment. However, I need your input... So... input! :)

Ideally I'd like to use my fanatec CSR sequential shifter as a handbrake whilst I also have my th8rs/sfa1 combo plugged in. Can't figure out how to do that without opening up the wheel & wiring it to a button tho.

If I could connect it it the CSR elite pedals board that would be great. It has a space on the circuit board but no pins just now.

💡 Ideas Mr.Basher?? ... I have a few. 💡

First: A simple adapter.
Take the connector and with a short cable hooked up to a female PS2 connector that would allow you to hook up a Fanatec Sequential shifter as a handbrake.

Second: Same adapter,
This time, depending on your ability to make this work within the firmware (no pressure ;) ), would be connected to the SFA1 which would utilize the linear analog settings on the TH8RS it could connect to the CSP.

Third: another simpler adapter (maybe the HBFA1??), so that the TH8RS and similar handbrakes (such as a frex) could connect directly to the CSP and be used only as a handbrake.

Just some ideas... Take whatever you think will work, and price as you need. If people want, they will pay. I like watching the standalone guy figure out what big companies can't or won't do.

Anyways, good luck and I can't wait to see what you come up with, because either way, it will most definitely rock!!

Back