UKGTP XV - GT5 LAN videos

• Thread starter daan
  • 8 comments

daan

Salut Gilles
Scotland
Scotland
GTP_daan
As you may or may not be aware, a group of us have been meeting bi-annually (usually) and playing GT3/GT4 and now GT5 in a LAN situation. The most recent one was last weekend, and these are videos of some of the races.

We each used cars of a specific colour so it's easy to work out who is who.

daan - dark blue
dhandeh - pink
Famine - purple
homeforsummer - white
Roo - black
Sureboss - orange
Venari - light blue
VEXD - yellow

The exception was when we used cars that can't be painted, ie the Dome Zero, so in that case we painted the wheels in our colour.

Kerfuffle

The kerfuffle (info here for premium folk) was a series of 8 races with a list of 30 cars and Famine had worked out a formula that moved you up if you lost and down if you won. (It's a lot more complicated than that, but that's the basics)

Trial Mountain - Venari and daan have a good battle in this one. I come away with the win.

Rome - Famine, dhandeh, daan & VEXD are the main players in this one. I come away with the win.

Madrid - VEXD, dhandeh and daan battle in this one. I come away with the win. D'you spot a common theme here? :) Actually, in the kerfuffle series, I either finish 1st or last (apart from 1 fifth...)

Deep Forest -

Autumn Ring -

Big, heavy cars. Not what we called it.

This was a series using heavyweight cars.

Monza - Main battle at the front between Venari, dhandeh, Famine and homeforsummer.

Autumn Ring - The main battle in this one is between Roo, Venari and homeforsummer.

Indianopolis Road Course - The main interest here is a battle for the lead between Famine and daan. He gets by and pulls away from me until...

EZGT

This is a series that Venari told us about. Each one of us picked and tuned a car until it would go no faster than 1'07.000 round Grand Valley East. We then used that car in a series of races using generated tracks.

The cars chosen were a bit of an eclectic mix.

daan - Jaguar Type S
dhandeh - Isuzu 4200R
Famine - RS200
homeforsummer - Buick GNX
Roo - Golf
Sureboss - Esprit
Venari - Countach LP400
VEXD - SubToySci BRZFRS thingy.

HFS' Buick was a 600bhp monster, and VEXDs BRZFRS cornered like a stabbed rat, and everyone else was somewhere in between. My Jaaaag was 1800kg and had 538bhp, and it was epic at Toscana, but a bit rubbish at the Eifel and Mount Aso tracks.

Toscana

Mount Aso - Look out for Roo's flying Golf...

Grand Valley East Reverse - Race 1

Grand Valley East Reverse - Race 2 - The first one was so much fun, we did it again

I'll finish this post off with a bit of fun. The Suzuki Cervo has an hilarious set of gear ratios. 1-5th are very closely spaced, 6th is a bit higher, then 7th is galactic. I was curious to see how fast it could go, with some assistance. Here is a taster. Don't blink.

Lightweight Mid-engined series

Monza (No Chicanes) - Slipstreaming battle at Monza. I think we thought no chicanes actually meant no chicanes. Sometimes we bothered with the Vareante della Roggia, sometimes we didn't...

Trial Mountain - This one sees daan's Speedster Turdo chasing down hfs, Sureboss and VEXD in their Dome Zeros.

High Speed Ring Reverse - Everyone had made it to the MR2 for this final race. If you only watch one of these videos to the end, make sure it's this one!

Old Timers

This was a series where we had to pick a car form the year of our birth (or nearest if there was no option) and tune to 200bhp per ton. The aim of this was basically a tuning contest to find the car that was best to drive. We drove each others cars for one race, then voted for the one we enjoyed most.

daan - Skyline HT2000 GT-R
dhandeh - Fiat 500R
Famine - Datsun 280Z
hfs - Mazda RX7
Roo - Celica
Sureboss - Silvia
Venari - Lancer 1600
VEXD - Golf Mk1

Tsukuba - hfs chose to drive Famine's 280Z and it seemed to be quite tail happy...

Cape Ring outside - Famine and I, driving two completely different cars spin out in exactly the same way at exactly the same point (although not the same lap)

Endurance

The Endurance race was held over 30 laps of Spa in the MX5 TC. We normally do the endurance in teams but this time we decided to do the whole race individually. hfs and Roo got ahead at the start, chased by Sureboss and I, followed by Famine, dhandeh and VEXD. I got ahead of Sureboss and spent the whole race in 3rd. hfs and Roo pulled away from me using each other's slipstream. Famine & dhandeh seemed to spend the whole race side by side, even through Eau Rouge on one occasion.

Last edited:
I meant to do that. Winning in the M5 would have been too easy.

*whistles*

Incidentally, anyone who thinks I spend a lot of time going sideways in these videos... would be right :D

I think that Toscana race must have been the worst of my GNX races! Spin at the start is a rookie mistake...

More videos uploaded.

I'll just put this one here too as it has to be watched all the way through. 7'20 onwards is pure comedy gold.

And that's the Endurance race up.

And if anyone says it's impossible to go through Eau Rouge side by side, don't believe them...

And here's a still from the run up to Les Combes on the first lap...
picture.php

Last edited:
pure comedy gold was right.... I could only imagine the laughter of you guys witnessing it real time.

Back