WrecklessAbandon
Welcome to the FITT Nurburgring Nordschleife shootout, v2.0

fitt3.png

nurburgringl.jpg

nurburgring2.png
nurburgring3.png

DATES & DEADLINES:
Tuning - January 23rd - February 3rd
I'll be using a version of Krekme's deadline "when I get home from work" on the 4th, for any late-runners. Everyone in the world will easily have passed the 3rd by then. :)
Testing - February 3rd - February 17th
I'll be using a version of Krekme's deadline "when I get home from work" on the 18th, for any late-runners. Everyone in the world will easily have passed the 17th by then. :)

CARS:
Any road car* that fits into 450PP or 550PP* by any means possible, except having low mileage.
*No race cars, RM's, tuner cars*, or DLC.
*No cars with adjustable front downforce.
*No cars with a higher front aero value (fixed) than 20.
*Tuner car is defined as follows:
Any car with the name of the original manufacture* of the type of vehicle.
Examples:
Nissan makes the 350Z, so a NISMO 350Z is a 350Z that is not called a "Nissan", therefore it is banned.
The Ford SVT Mustang Cobra R is called a "Ford", therefore it is allowed.
*Exceptions:
RUF

Tires:
450PP - SH
550PP - SS

REGULATIONS
Road cars only. No race cars, tuner cars, RM's, or DLC.
No adjustable front aero, maximum allowed front aero is 20 and must be fixed.
All cars must not gain power/pp during testing. My experience + someone's recent cracking of GT5 says this takes 186 miles, or 300km's. Not all mileage counts, aka online free run and offline speed test come to mind. Bob is still the best breaker-in. :)

Shootout Specific Rules:
1. Testers must PM CSLACR a DC rating and feedback for every car/tune in the class they test.(one line basically describing the cars handling is enough if you find it difficult to express)
2. Testers may not publicly share DC ratings or feedback, it will all be released simultaniously. (I'll have to hold a gentleman's agreement that I won't view the ratings or feedback until testing is completed)
3. It is the tuners burden to add testers to their friends list, please add or send FR's to all known testers by the end of the tuning deadline.

Scoring:
We'll be using a modifed version of MCH's scoring system mostly altered by JohnnyPenso, which is 90% of the scoring based on lap time, and 10% based on drivers choice. And a small extortion from me. :dopey: I think it'll work nicely.
How it works:
The car with the fastest average lap by testers gets 100 points in scoring for lap time. Every car slower scores the percentage they are slower than the fastest. A car with the average lap of 103%(3% longer) of the fastest time, scores 97% of the points.(97) This lap time score is multiplied by 0.9, to make it 90% of the scoring.
DC - Drivers Choice: A scale of 1-10. 1-2 you would never put on your car for any reason, 3-4 would be a chore, 5-6 can still make you sick, (only sometimes) and 7-8 can almost feel great, but 9's and 10's are great from finish to end.
Testers - Keep in mind, the only way this works better than 1-5 is if testers give out 1's, 2's, 3, 4's, 6's, 9's,(as honest and fitting, if the worst car is still decent and deserves a 5, give it a 5) etc, etc.
DC points are added to the lap score for a grand total score. If your average DC rating is 9, and you lap time is 99% as fast as the fastest, you score 98.1 points.

Work in progress, probably should have had everything together, but life has me busy, I'll add more before the night is through and have this finished by Friday night, however of course tuning can commence! :)

Last edited:
550PP Tuners:
CSLACR / GTP_CSL - Audi R8 4.2 FSI '07
Ridox2JZGTE / GTP_Orido - Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec '97
XDesperado67 / XDesperado67 - Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
praiano63 / praiano63 - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
wildheart90 / wildheart90 - Lexus IS-F '07
mike_gt3 / GTP_Mike_Peperni - Lexus IS-F '07
ugabugaz / ugabugaz - Ferrari Enzo '02
krenkme / krenkme - Dodge Challenger R/T '70
DigitalBaka / - Ferrari 458 Italia '09
shmogt / shmogt - Chevrolet Corvette (Z06) C5 '04
Theo777 / zigatan - Spyker C8 Laviolette '01
ACSR421 / ACSR421 - Lexus LFA '10
Onboy123 / Onboy123 - Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 ’04

450PP Tuners:
CSLACR / GTP_CSL - RUF 3400S '00
Ridox2JZGTE / GTP_Orido - Nissan Silvia K S14 '93
XDesperado67 / XDesperado67 - Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) '02
praiano63 / praiano63 - Aston Martin Vanquish '04
shmogt / shmogt - Toyota 86 GT '12
mike_gt3 / GTP_Mike_Peperni - Infinity G35 Coupe Concept '06
Onboy123 / Onboy123 - Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R
MrGrado / MrGrado - Holden SS Commodore '04
ugabugaz / ugabugaz - Callaway C12
DigitalBaka / - Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
trackripper123 / Ziz528 - Jaguar S-Type R '02
krenkme / krenkme - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
esoxhntr / osprey73 - RUF 3400S
Theo777 / zigatan - BMW M Coupe '98
ACSR421 / ACSR421 - Infinity Coupe Concept ‘06
CyKosis1973 / CyKosis1973 - Pontiac Solstice Concept

550PP Testers:
iainoflo85 / iainoflo85
praiano63 / praiano63
mike_gt3 / GTP_Mike_Peperni
luv2drive / jeffj6767

450PP Testers:
CSLACR / GTP_CSL
iainoflo85 / iainoflo85
praiano63 / praiano63
CyKosis1973 / CyKosis1973
mike_gt3 / GTP_Mike_Peperni
luv2drive / jeffj6767
DigitalBaka / DigitalBaka
IvanOffalich / IvanOffalich
JohnnyPenso / JohnnyPenso
morfastmadboy / morfastmadboy

Last edited:
550PP Results:
Overall

98.250 - Praiano
97.893 - CSLACR
97.462 - Onboy
97.305 - Mike_GT3
96.544 - ACSR
96.070 - DigitalBaka
95.536 - Desperado
95.501 - Wildheart
95.440 - Ugabugaz
95.119 - Theo
94.226 - ShmoGT
93.261 - Krenkme
89.830 - Ridox

450PP Results:
Overall
99.278 - CSLACR
99.075 - Praiano
98.469 - Esoxhntr
97.899 - Krenkme
97.471 - Mike_GT3
97.141 - TrackRipper
97.081 - ACSR
95.968 - Onboy
95.816 - MrGrado
94.952 - Desperado
94.637 - CyKosis
94.590 - ShmoGT
93.517 - DigitalBaka
92.335 - Theo
88.340 - Ridox

Last edited:
I'd like to be a tester again. Both Classes is fine.

And I must say that's a very detailed map of the Nurburgring 24H.

Last edited:
Thanks to the 2:10 update my 450PP entry may be nearly done already, though the switch from. RH to SH may make things interesting for my Altezza TC I used for the 500PP Race Car Shootout.:crazy:
Plus 300HP may not be enough to hang with some of the Muscle Cars on the faster sections...:drool:

Count me in as tester! :dopey:

And this time i will give a try at tuner as well :scared:

both tuner and tester for 450 and 550pp

Have you missed me?
No, but I seem to have deleted you. :ouch:
I'll be using cars linked on my sig, they are Touge tuned cars, but will be tweaked for the Ring :embarrassed: I am so pumped, yeaaaah !!!

Thanks to the 2:10 update my 450PP entry may be nearly done already, though the switch from. RH to SH may make things interesting for my Altezza TC I used for the 500PP Race Car Shootout.:crazy:
Plus 300HP may not be enough to hang with some of the Muscle Cars on the faster sections...:drool:
My general impression, without telling anyone what to do, would be to look into bump absorption, particularly in sector 1. (If basing it off a tune from another track)

Count me in as tester! :dopey:

And this time i will give a try at tuner as well :scared:

both tuner and tester for 450 and 550pp
Awesome 👍
I was hoping you'd throw tunes in the pot this time, everyone loves a tune made by an alien. :lol:

Typo, or by design?
Bring us a tune, been a while now. More. Please & thank you.

@Dom you may want to reconsider allowing race cars or that's liable to be all you'll see...
Just took my Altezza TC off share slapped a set of SH tires on it and adjusted the power limiter to get to 450PP and the final gear for the faster sections. No change to the rest of the tune I used on Spa and ran a very sloppy 7:42.1xx.:crazy:
Praiano is a good 15-20 seconds faster than me and with road cars affected by V2:10 he has been getting 7:38-39 laps.
Think if I get this car dialed in for the ring good then guys like yourself, Mike and Praiano will be running at least 7:2X times and maybe even into the teens.:drool:
No road cars will touch that even if they are 10-20MPH faster on the straights.:dopey:

@Dom you may want to reconsider allowing race cars or that's liable to be all you'll see...
Just took my Altezza TC off share slapped a set of SH tires on it and adjusted the power limiter to get to 450PP and the final gear for the faster sections. No change to the rest of the tune I used on Spa and ran a very sloppy 7:42.1xx.:crazy:
Praiano is a good 15-20 seconds faster than me and with road cars affected by V2:10 he has been getting 7:38-39 laps.
Think if I get this car dialed in for the ring good then guys like yourself, Mike and Praiano will be running at least 7:2X times and maybe even into the teens.:drool:
No road cars will touch that even if they are 10-20MPH faster on the straights.:dopey:
Hahahahah:) Not so sure.!!!!! Still some hidden road cars, i have one at 7:29.1xx first try. It's not my pontiac...!!!! :scared:

><(((((°>°°°°°°

How about limiting the level of Power Limiting then, like the Aero has been?

How about limiting the level of Power Limiting then, like the Aero has been?
Thanks to V2:10 my Altezza actually has more power now at 450PP than when I tuned it for 500PP. Only using 98.1% power limiter at 450PP so HP is up to 310 from 300.:crazy:

Back