Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

Even if touched up, there were cars and tracks that got port work...
Ported generally means copied 'as is' which is why I commented. They clearly had work done to them. That the cars were not up to the premium level is another matter.

...And yes it was broken. Before the patch work there were bugs that would corrupt your file save just by simply accessing a feature in the game, the museum cards. There were races in A and B spec that required standard cars where the OCD patch now has a pickup truck and a Formula GT in every update to resolve this issue...
I agree that the museaum card problem was a real issue, though that dosen't make the game 'broken' though. I played through the whole game without any of those other issues getting in the way. I suppose though it's a matter of perception how much of a problem those points would make and you'd probably get six different answers from amongst ten players.

Back on topic though, a point in general. I suggest letting Sony decide their own release policy, as they are the ones with the big company that has survived nicely for all this time. I don't see any of us making that kind of money with our armchair capitalist suggestions - if we were that good, wouldn't we be rolling in wealth from our ideas by now?

Last edited:
I definitely agree, but my fear is that GT6's A-spec will just be stuffed with the mindless seasonals we've been seeing. AI needs some work and those races can be fun, you know, an actual race!

Well, even if the A-Spec had all the Seasonal Races, I still don't see a problem as long as we are allowed to qualify before every race and set the AI difficulty.

As if any of you genuinely would not cough up the dough for an ultimate this-gen Gran Turismo, with all the tracks you miss, an insane car list, and loads of other improvements.

And that sir, is a given. I can say that with confindence because of how people who are unhappy with GT5 are still posting about it some 2+ years later.

Dont be so sure

GT6 on PS3 will be the worst selling numbered GT game...count on it

I do agree with the highlighted red text. But I only agree because of how terrible GT5 was, not because of the supposed platform (I disagree with your GT6 on PS3 = automatic garbage mentality.)

GT6 needs to show signs that PD have done some research; that it can provide the millions of fans what they/we wanted to see in a MODERN GT game. I'm sick of playing GT like it's still 1998.

Last edited:
Dont be so sure

I heard this very thing when GT4 came out without online features. Today, it sits as the franchises #2 seller.

I then heard this same thing when GT5 caused disappointment with some fans. Today, it soon will overtake GT1, and realistically will pass GT2.

GT6, no matter wher it goes will still outsell everything else just like all of them do, and end up around the 10 million mark.

I do agree with the highlighted red text. But I only agree because of how terrible GT5 was, not because of the supposed platform (I disagree with your GT6 on PS3 = automatic garbage mentality.)

GT6 needs to show signs that PD have done some research; that it can provide the millions of fans what they/we wanted to see in a MODERN GT game. I'm sick of playing GT like it's still 1998.

I dont think GT6 will be garbage if its a PS3 title. I just dont see much sense in releasing it so close to the PS4 for many reasons. For people like myself who have had the PS3 for 6+ years now we cant wait to jump ship. But releasing GT6 on the PS3 this Holiday Season is like asking PS4 early adopters to somehow straddle the fence between the PS3 and PS4. Sorry, but the instant I get my hands on the PS4 the PS3 is being put into permanent retirement.

Many PS3 owners, no doubt the same people who have no intention of buying the PS4 for 2-3 years, will be happy with the purchase of GT6 on the PS3. As for me, I wont be tied down to the GT franchise for anymore and I will explore my opportunities. Finally, I will be a bachelor again. Maybe GT6 on the PS3 is for the better.

I heard this very thing when GT4 came out without online features. Today, it sits as the franchises #2 seller.

I then heard this same thing when GT5 caused disappointment with some fans. Today, it soon will overtake GT1, and realistically will pass GT2.

GT6, no matter wher it goes will still outsell everything else just like all of them do, and end up around the 10 million mark.

GT4 had GT3's critical success to lean on. It also had an install base of consoles roughly 30%+ larger then what the PS3 has now. It was the only real console sim in town. Forza was released a few months later. But recently Forza has been beating GT critically and in the minds of many.

Dont forget GT5 sold 50%+ of those 9 million units over the first 2 weeks. Its taken 2 years to sell another 4 million units. Competition will be much more fierce for a GT6 on PS3 released this Holiday season. It will face Project Cars, GTR3, Rfactor 2, and Forza 5.

Millions will get GT6 on PS3, and they'll be happy. I'll be doing something else, maybe better. We all win.

I dont think GT6 will be garbage if its a PS3 title. I just dont see much sense in releasing it so close to the PS4 for many reasons. For people like myself who have had the PS3 for 6+ years now we cant wait to jump ship. But releasing GT6 on the PS3 this Holiday Season is like asking PS4 early adopters to somehow straddle the fence between the PS3 and PS4. Sorry, but the instant I get my hands on the PS4 the PS3 is being put into permanent retirement.

There's the answer! That's all you really had to say. IGN reports that the PS3 will be supported until at least 2015, so releasing GT6 for the PS3 in late 2013 is well within that target. Also, GT5 had already formed an operating system for GT6, where "applications can be added", as KY said. I don't, in any way, defend KY and how long GT5 took to release, but I cannot imagine GT6 being worse. I'm actually a very big critic of PD since GT5 and absolutely support your Forza comments. It's truly surpassed GT as a THE car enthusiast series.

At any rate, the operating system is in place, now PD just have to add features atop that system. GT6 should be the GT game we wanted this generation. Is it a shame it comes out so close to the PS4's debut? For you, yes. For others, probably not so much.

Having multiple consoles is king.

There's the answer! That's all you really had to say. IGN reports that the PS3 will be supported until at least 2015, so releasing GT6 for the PS3 in late 2013 is well within that target. Also, GT5 had already formed an operating system for GT6, where "applications can be added", as KY said. I don't, in any way, defend KY and how long GT5 took to release, but I cannot imagine GT6 being worse. I'm actually a very big critic of PD since GT5 and absolutely support your Forza comments. It's truly surpassed GT as a THE car enthusiast

Please don't make this a Forza thread, there are plenty of those already.

And by that 1.x year logic, GT5 had had a long enough life by early 2012, besides it's like learning to save, if we spend a little to get a GT6, well have to spend a lot to get a GT7 later. Best to get the GT6 later and the GT7 possibly later still to get two superior games.

Sent from Galaxy S2

GT6, no matter where it goes will still outsell everything else just like all of them do, and end up around the 10 million mark.

I was so disappointed when GT4 came out because it had no online. I was ready to buy the network adapter but I didn't. I bought gt4 anyway and it was not great. Lots of great tracks though!

GT5P changed everything. No content but ONLINE!!!!! I've played every night and have not stopped playing GT online every night since.

I don't Facepage, Metube or Tweeter so I couldn't care less about the social aspects built into the PS4.

From my perspective the only thing the game needs is more tracks. And DLC tracks don't count because I can't host them.

Last edited:
Amongst the things that PD might possibly add to GT6 in A-spec/career would be the PP difference bonus from the later seasonals. For all those who felt A-spec was lacking, this would make redoing any of the set races a number of times far more interesting.

I really think it would make a big difference and it's quite easy to realise with the current architecture - there, something positive to think about/discuss.

Amongst the things that PD might possibly add to GT6 in A-spec/career would be the PP difference bonus from the later seasonals. For all those who felt A-spec was lacking, this would make redoing any of the set races a number of times far more interesting.

I really think it would make a big difference and it's quite easy to realise with the current architecture - there, something positive to think about/discuss.

That's cool, switch the prize credits.

If you have the credits, maybe online racing allows you to make wagers.

Even if it's the best GT game ever......I hate late generation releases.

I love them 👍. The later they release, the more polished the get. There's all kinds of examples:

Assassins Creed 1, then 3. 2 and 3 blows 1 out the water, visuals, gameplay, the whole nine yards.

Metal Gear, GranTheft Auto, God of War, and many more AAA titles. If you look at most launch titles, they look like crap compared to later releases.

As a game get released later in the life cycle of a console, all they can go is up! They've finally mastered the systems capabilities (or flaws) and learned to make the best game possible through trial and error (being GT5). Sure the PS3 is "limited" on hardware, but they've (devs) always managed to make something even better (all games not only GT). It's all about what they've learned from a previous release (on a console) that can turn anything into gold.

I'm hoping for a PS3 release. It only makes sense, to me anyway. The PS3 isn't going anywhere for a long while, why not utilize it? Heck, they finally cut the PS2 loose only last year. A PS4 release would mean a much longer (un-needed) wait time. Why wait? For perfection? Who's to say that couldn't be achieved on the PS3? They support the same resolution, so graphics would be the same, sounds are the same quality (maybe better samples), what else? I read an article on EuroGamer that says that devs are to use only 4gigs for total gamesize on the PS4 (I will find the article for reference), that's the average size for a game now!

Sorry for the long rant folks :).

Edit: Day/night transitions are already do-able for all tracks, that's not a RAM issue as the Nurb already has it, it wouldn't be any different! They just need to model it, which I'm pretty sure at this point they have.

I'm quite sure, GT6 will come on PS3 with more cars, tracks and more social. Question is if it will come for PS4, too. That would mean an earliest release end of this year. Would love to see a new GT Academy based on GT6 coming this Spring and the release of GT6 for PS3 this summer. Out for PS4 early next year or even as a launch title.

Cannot imagine them not releasing it on PS3 now (who wants to leave millions of players behind?) and I cannot imagine them not releasing any variant for PS4 as soon as possible, either. If Kaz is so amazed about PS4, they simply could not wait for getting it out.

That's because the PS3 is the worst selling PlayStation console. In relation to the number of consoles sold (which sets the bar for how much an individual game can sell), it could still be somewhere around GT4 I suppose. Not completely unrealistic, given that GT5 is the best selling title in relation to the number of consoles sold.

A PS4 release would mean a much longer (un-needed) wait time. Why wait? For perfection? Who's to say that couldn't be achieved on the PS3? They support the same resolution, so graphics would be the same, sounds are the same quality (maybe better samples), what else? I read an article on EuroGamer that says that devs are to use only 4gigs for total gamesize on the PS4 (I will find the article for reference), that's the average size for a game now!

Sorry for the long rant folks :).

Edit: Day/night transitions are already do-able for all tracks, that's not a RAM issue as the Nurb already has it, it wouldn't be any different! They just need to model it, which I'm pretty sure at this point they have.

Yep, there is a lot of things in GT5 that were only half-done, like weather, day/night, race modifications etc. that can be improved for the PS3. There's also many single player aspects that could be improved, like a complete overhaul of A-spec and how game progression is made (everyone doesn't see LMP cars at Nordschleife as the pinnacle of racing...). They could definitely make each car have a little more purpose throughout the game. Like having longer races, more races for each type of car, perhaps even a longer racing series for each type instead of a handful of five-lap races and then you throw the car in the waste bin. There's a lot of things that can be made which doesn't require better hardware, so a PS3 release doesn't mean that it will be the same game as GT5.

A PS4 version would allow for much more improvements though, perhaps the biggest one would be the number of cars on track. The share feature is also something I'm looking forward to. Perhaps that will all come with GT7 some day.

Cannot imagine them not releasing it on PS3 now (who wants to leave millions of players behind?) and I cannot imagine them not releasing any variant for PS4 as soon as possible, either. If Kaz is so amazed about PS4, they simply could not wait for getting it out.

Perhaps a prologue? GT5P was quite good, although I only bought it about a year before GT5 was released so I never got tired of it.

Last edited:
eran0004
That's because the PS3 is the worst selling PlayStation console. In relation to the number of consoles sold (which sets the bar for how much an individual game can sell), it could still be somewhere around GT4 I suppose. Not completely unrealistic, given that GT5 is the best selling title in relation to the number of consoles sold.

Yep, there is a lot of things in GT5 that were only half-done, like weather, day/night, race modifications etc. that can be improved for the PS3. There's also many single player aspects that could be improved, like a complete overhaul of A-spec and how game progression is made (everyone doesn't see LMP cars at Nordschleife as the pinnacle of racing...). They could definitely make each car have a little more purpose throughout the game. Like having longer races, more races for each type of car, perhaps even a longer racing series for each type instead of a handful of five-lap races and then you throw the car in the waste bin. There's a lot of things that can be made which doesn't require better hardware, so a PS3 release doesn't mean that it will be the same game as GT5.

A PS4 version would allow for much more improvements though, perhaps the biggest one would be the number of cars on track. The share feature is also something I'm looking forward to. Perhaps that will all come with GT7 some day.

Right. All I hear from people is its all about driving sports cars around nurb. No I want more race cars on nurb not just little cars. Racing is not just for your average day car. I want more lmp races. Group c historic cup would be cool.

GT4 had GT3's critical success to lean on. It also had an install base of consoles roughly 30%+ larger then what the PS3 has now. It was the only real console sim in town. Forza was released a few months later. But recently Forza has been beating GT critically and in the minds of many.

By that logic, GT5 should have tanked because it is afterall, the lowest rated full GT game. But as we know, it didn't, and continues to sell respectably.

Dont forget GT5 sold 50%+ of those 9 million units over the first 2 weeks. Its taken 2 years to sell another 4 million units.

Sure, GT5 is front loaded, but two years later, GT5 is selling inside of the top 50 and beating "other" games.

Competition will be much more fierce for a GT6 on PS3 released this Holiday season. It will face Project Cars, GTR3, Rfactor 2, and Forza 5.

Interestingly enough, the ONLY game out of that list you have provided that will be on the PS3 is Project Cars. The company that making Project Cars has a ton to prove on the PS3 because their last offerings were not very good and did not perform well in the sales. I will be surprised if Project Cars sees 1 million sales on the PS3. Yes, it's tough, but they have a huge ladder to climb.

Millions will get GT6 on PS3, and they'll be happy. I'll be doing something else, maybe better. We all win.

Indeed. That is what makes options so powerful. Equally as powerful is the draw of GT. People who dislike the game continue to talk about. :)

Chrunch Houston
I was so disappointed when GT4 came out because it had no online. I was ready to buy the network adapter but I didn't. I bought gt4 anyway and it was not great. Lots of great tracks though!

Yes, because you took the good inspite of the bad. It's something everyone here has done with GT5. Personally, I still play GT5 and it's a two year old game!👍

GT5P changed everything. No content but ONLINE!!!!! I've played every night and have not stopped playing GT online every night since.

Online never grabbed me like that, because I have plenty to do offline. Sure, GT5 didn't give me the same amount of events as GT4, but I found myself trying cars in GT5 that I never gave a chance in GT4.

I don't Facepage, Metube or Tweeter so I couldn't care less about the social aspects built into the PS4.

Me neither, but as we all know, millions of people do so it's smart business by Sony to do so.

From my perspective the only thing the game needs is more tracks. And DLC tracks don't count because I can't host them.

I agree with that for the most part. I want a heavily expanded GTAuto along with every GT5 is and I will be a happy man!

EDIT: Simon corrected my ways.

Last edited:
By that logic, GT5 should have tanked because it is afterall, the lowest rated full GT game. But as we know, it didn't, and continues to sell respectably.

I am not sure where you got those numbers, because from what I have seen, it's different. Sure, GT5 is front loaded, but I assure you, it was longer then two weeks. Two years later, GT5 is selling inside of the top 50 and beating "other" games.

https://www.gtplanet.net/5-5-million-copies-of-gt5-sold-series-tops-60-million/

Just going to post that when analyzing gt5 sales the 6 year development time must be taken into account, both on sales lost (would be better to release 3 games) and cost to produce. With that said, gt5 was by far the full blown gt game that profited the least.

Last edited:
It does make sense to release it on PS3, if Sony are to be seen to have continued support for the PS3 they need a big hitter and they come no bigger than GT

Just going to post that when analyzing gt5 sales the 6 year development time must be taken into account, both on sales lost (would be better to release 3 games) and cost to produce. With that said, gt5 was by far the full blown gt game that profited the least.

But in those six years they released 4 games.

Tourist Trophy
GT5 prolouge
GT PSP
Gran Turismo 5

Not counting TT those titles have sold 18.4 million units.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-series-tops-68-million-copies-sold/

Tourist Trophy puts that total over 19 million. Thats over three million games a year, which I would consider a success. And people don't like sequels so three proper GT's wouldn't likely have done any better.

Last edited:
It does make sense to release it on PS3, if Sony are to be seen to have continued support for the PS3 they need a big hitter and they come no bigger than GT

i hope you're right, cus a PS4 just ain't in the budget. but strange, both arguments make perfect sense here. i guess we'll know soon enough.

agreed, totally. if the online experience in GT6 is even slightly improved over GT5 then i'm buying, no hesitation.

love your room btw, i'm a frequent racer there (tg764qax, that's me, also from Texas).

:lol: "Analyzing GT5 sales". Where are your numbers to support this claim that GT5 profited the least of all GT games?

Because it's not like they paid off the development of the game over two titles that sold almost 15 million copies combined or anything like that.

GT6 on the PS3 could be very successful. Imagine a "finished" version of GT5 with lots more content. If GT6 for PS3 has 400-500 cars, all Premium (even though they won't have to list them as Premium if they are all that's in the game), many more track (some of which we have seen in videos), better career mode, customization, livery, engine swaps, etc... comparable to "that other game", I think that GT6 on PS3 could be very successful.

Back