FITT Stars & Stripes Seasonal - Micro Challenge

United States
Dearborn, MI
MotorCtyHamilton
A-Spec Stars and Stripes Grand Championship Seasonal
Let's try out a FITT Micro Challenge.

Event Settings: This is a race event for American cars. The tire selection is sport hard and tuning is allowed up to 580PP. Openent cars will mainly be 548 to 579PP with sport hard tires.

Mico-Challenge Settings:
Performance Points: 580PP
Tires: Sport Hard
TC: off
SRF: on
AS: off
ASM: off
ABS: 1
Allowed Cars: street cars only (tuner cars like Saleen S7, Shelby Series One, Callaway C12 and concept cars are o.k.)
Banned Cars: 2J, 2D, race cars, race mod cars, touring cars, Ford LM Spec Race Car and Test Car

Tunes to be posted in this thread. A link to this thread will be placed in the new Stars & Stripes Grand Championship once PD makes it available (estimated to be Wednesday, June 19th). Final tunes due by Sunday, June 23. A thread with poll results will be posted for the community to select their favorite tune to drive. Poll will be open for say two weeks?

Let's try this. Might need some adjustments for the first couple, but this would give us a FITT micro-challenge to enter about every two weeks, without the need to find test drivers. Maybe this can carry us into GT6 and back to our bigger tuner challenges?

Last edited:
lagunasecaracewayt.jpg

Entry: dodge challenger r/t 70

Parts: ALL except Turbo/Compressor
custom wheels
oil change
aero front - aero A back

Tune: 577PP

Aero: 0 - 10
Ballast: 0 - 0
Power Limiter: 100%

Suspension:
Ride Height: -17 -17
Spring Rate: 9.1 7.2
Dampers (E): 7 5
Dampers (C): 6 5
Anti-roll Bars: 6 5
Camber: 2.6 1.7
Toe: + 0.12 +0.08

LSD: 14 / 22 / 15

Transmission:

1st: 2607
2nd: 1679
3rd: 1184
4th: 0,885
5th: 0,701
6th:
Final: 3540
Top Speed: 310 km/h

Brake Balance: 5 4
ABS: 1, Steering: stock (DS3), TCS: off

Remark: DS3 / never tuned something like this before with so much power

Last edited:
Urgh this is SRF on though isn't it?

We're tuning with it off presumably?
(Read that as, please please please can we tune with it off)

I will probably tune with it off. I notice no difference in overall balance between SRF on and off. Turning SRF on seems to me like changing from sport hard to sport soft tires or racing hard to racing soft tires.

You can tune whatever way you like, but know that the drivers will probably have SRF forced on in the new seasonal.

I'm not a teacher but my setups always elaborated with everything turned off because there you feel the car. depending on the car is difficult but once adjusted is easier.

I'm in...now I have a reason to have built my 600PP viper that will run on sport hard tires! :D

Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08
Tuned for Sports tires. 7:32.644 on sport hard tires at Nurburgring, and I'm not the best driver!

665hp/ 576ft-lb
1537kg
591PP @ 53.3mi

Aftermarket wheels
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Sports Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin Plate
Flywheel: Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Fully Customizable Suspension

Settings:

Aero: 0/0
Ballast: 0@ 0
Power Limiter: 100%

Suspension:
Ride Height: -6/ -6
Spring Rate: 11.0/ 11.0
Dampers (E): 6/ 5
Dampers (C): 7/ 7
Anti-roll Bars: 3/ 3
Camber: 1.3/ 1.2
Toe: -0.11/ 0.04

LSD: 23/ 30/ 9

Transmission:
reset to default, set top speed, then gears 1st-final
1st: 2.937
2nd: 2.124
3rd: 1.594
4th: 1.260
5th: 1.023
6th: 0.859
Final: 3.070
Top Speed: 224mph

Brake Balance: 7/ 5
ABS: 1, Steering: 2 (DS3), TCS: off

700+ hp and sport hard tires is challenging. Started building a few cars last night. With SRF off, I can get the cars to turn well, but if overdone, I will four wheel slide. With SRF on, I can barely get the cars to turn. They won't spin, so on power traction is improved, but SRF also seems to cause mid-corner understeer. Wish the PD interns in charge of the seasonals could find the SRF off button.

I can't acces the seasonal, but i would like to participate too. What is the track ?? Ring ?? Nordschleife??
I'll try to check some cars tonight.

Not sure of the tracks yet. One will likely be a creator-type generated course, probably Eifel. I would assume Laguna Seca is one and perhaps Indy and Daytona road courses as well.

I've been working on a Camaro that should work for this. Not shooting for the full 600PP on mine though.

SRF tunes should be biased more for understeer than non-SRF tunes.

Then just drive it until the tires glow and watch the magical grip rotate the car for you.

*peeks in*

I have a car on share that might FITT this. It was a tune I had ready to go for about two months, but never got around to posting it.

My daughter took it off share, snapped some pics of it, and sent me the specs. So maybe I'll be able to post it soon :dopey:

-on the matter of SRF, I have no idea how it works/helps/hinders a tune... so I can't comment on it. Sorry :(

P.s. she placed it back in share if... well... could someone ... you know... try it :dopey:

I have a car on share that might FITT this.

.......that's awful! :lol:

As long as it's not some version of the billion HP Viper you tried to kill me with I'll give it a shot. Gonna be away from the PS for a while so I need to get my fix in now. :D

SRF tunes should be biased more for understeer than non-SRF tunes.

Then just drive it until the tires glow and watch the magical grip rotate the car for you.

Sure you're not thinking about ASM? SRF keeps the rear from sliding.

I think you are right! Sport soft were there in the beginning.

My tune is up.... :)

Yes, I listed sport soft at first. The current Stars and Stripes seasonal has all of the competitors on sport hard, but allows everyone to use racing soft if they want. Not sure what the new seasonal will have. I'm o.k. with changing to sport softs, but what if the new seasonal is posted with sport hard as the tire?

Not quite, I think SRF increases grip to any of the wheels that are losing it, so that means an outside front red tire would regain grip the same way that the back end snapping round would regain grip.

Also SH tyres on 600BHP+ muscle cars could be a somewhat big ask.

I alredy have a nice viper SRT10 tuned, around 7:07 on Nordschleife! Very nice drive on sport hard, trying something else later.

DigitalBaka
.......that's awful! :lol:

As long as it's not some version of the billion HP Viper you tried to kill me with I'll give it a shot. Gonna be away from the PS for a while so I need to get my fix in now. :D

Ummm... :dopey::lol:

Not quite, I think SRF increases grip to any of the wheels that are losing it, so that means an outside front red tire would regain grip the same way that the back end snapping round would regain grip.

Basically what trackripper said. If you push a neutral non-SRF setup to the point that the front gets the whole magical grip thing going, the rear will then get very loose until it gets pushed hard enough to also gain grip. If the car is intentionally tight you can basically just massively overdrive the car and expect it to work, because it will.

Maybe I trolled SRF-available rooms at HSR too often at some point. :lol:

Basically what trackripper said. If you push a neutral non-SRF setup to the point that the front gets the whole magical grip thing going, the rear will then get very loose until it gets pushed hard enough to also gain grip. If the car is intentionally tight you can basically just massively overdrive the car and expect it to work, because it will.

Maybe I trolled SRF-available rooms at HSR too often at some point. :lol:

Really? That's not what I am experiencing with 600PP American Muscle. With SRF off I can set up the car neutral and drive it pretty well. With SRF on, it won't turn mid-corner without extreme loose settings, no matter how hard you drive it.

You aren't turning the wheel far enough.

Oh, yeah, I should mention that. There's a big difference between SRF with a wheel and with a pad. :lol:

I have a nice ford GT no stripe 600PP SH tires. A bit more loose than the Viper SRT10 but not so rough and faster. I'm going to test some others cars to decide the one i'll choose.

Latest Posts

Back