Rolling Start/Weather Change - Any Track - Updated(Added How-to Video)

• Thread starter Niop
  • 88 comments
United States
Utah
RFLX_Niop
N1op
Showing it's possible to have rolling starts/weather change at any track.

How-to:

Last edited:
Wow. That's awesome. Could change the outcome of races dramatically. If only the glitch was wide-spread and not confined to two people.

I'm glad I wasted 11 minutes of my life to be told absolutely nothing.

Still interesting I suppose and in fairness it doesn't say showing how to have rolling starts and rain.

Everyday small fee of 19.95$ :lol:

You guys are hilarious. Instant classic.

If PD patches this, I'll be pissed.

Last edited:
IN "PD World" it even rains inside tunnels, which makes about as much sense as anything else! :dunce:

Seriously though, if it's possible, why they didn't just include it in GT5 is beyond me. :grumpy:

Now that's more like it, cheers 👍 I'll give this a try later on!

Out of interest, how did you guys discover this glitch?

Now that's more like it, cheers 👍 I'll give this a try later on!

Out of interest, how did you guys discover this glitch?

By accident, I usually rush through changing from event settings and quickly going to course settings. I changed the track one day but for some reason, the track stayed the same yet the track options were changed for the new track I selected. I knew I stumbled across something interesting :sly:

This is great! Progressive glitches, good work you two. 👍 I wonder if any current racing series are implementing this, despite the tediousness in its acquisition.

Definitely should check if it still works after tomorrow's update, just in case.

And then Kaz saw this and said "Creativity? Fun? We certainly can't have that! PATCHED!"

That was a nod to the hybriding scene (which should be supported by the developers since its existed since the first game). But seriously, thank you guys for finding this awesome glitch. I like the idea of having rolling starts on EVERY track!

Indeed, any track. You just have to quickly change to the new track before the room re-loads.

Also I've never tested the rolling start with a lot of people but if you are at a track like Le Mans, Madrid, or Spa chances are that people in the back will start mid-turn.

Indeed, any track. You just have to quickly change to the new track before the room re-loads.

Also I've never tested the rolling start with a lot of people but if you are at a track like Le Mans, Madrid, or Spa chances are that people in the back will start mid-turn.

Cool. As mentioned above, snow. If i start at Chamonix and change to Daytona, will it snow or rain there?

I can confirm it is snowing at Motegi Super Speedway right now. 👍

It'll snow, but the snow won't accumulate. So it'll be snowing but the track will feel like it's dry.

Cool to that. Also it still works postpatch! 👍

Edit: 2 more questions.
1. Does weather show up on replays? Because i would love to get some rain pics.
2. Do you care if i make servers with this glitch?

Last edited:
Back