Gran Turismo 5 Update V2.14 [OP UPDATED 07/17]

• Thread starter Lock2Lock
  • 206 comments
Mr Shakotan
I am new on here and I dont want to be a problem.

No problem man. You just can't discuss how-to here. Ummm, tomorrow I can show you how in a PS3 chat if you would like?

I think the point that a lot of you "hackers" are missing is that you guys are a very small minority of players. It's no fun for people who don't have the time, knowledge, or inclination to hack the game to go online and get skunked by a 30,000 HP Civic. PD cannot move units if the online aspect of the game is dominated by a select few. DaLunatic sums it up perfectly here.

I suspect that this patch may be a test of anti-hacking measures for GT6, and I imagine there will be more of them before the end of the year.

On another note, am I crazy, or did they change SSR7? There are these big light towers at the far end that I don't remember being there (you can see the toll booth much more clearly). Is this new to 2.14, or am I just noticing it?

On another note, am I crazy, or did they change SSR7? There are these big light towers at the far end that I don't remember being there (you can see the toll booth much more clearly). Is this new to 2.14, or am I just noticing it?

Probably :D I also noticed at Nurb 24H, there are more trackside people with animation and other objects, not sure there are that many before :)

The direction of the windscreen wipers on the Renault Megane '08 has changed. But I can not say if it was an earlier patch or this one. In the original GT5 they wiped away from the driver.

i dont hack, but since this update my suzuki RR (kei car) is no longer fun to drive bc it feels like they tethered it to the ground. Before the update i was able to nearly tip it over non stop if i swerved left n right really hard. tried doing it last time i logged on, it was very sluggish. Im not pleased with the update.

Would adding the secret parts on your car again get you banned? Because it seems that I can but haven't one it yet.

ZedMan1996
Would adding the secret parts on your car again get you banned? Because it seems that I can but haven't one it yet.

No, it will not get you banned. It is rather pointless to add them to your car after the update though.

The direction of the windscreen wipers on the Renault Megane '08 has changed. But I can not say if it was an earlier patch or this one. In the original GT5 they wiped away from the driver.

So many other issues to sort within the game, and they put time and effort into doing this?

Well done PD, you legends. 👎

So many other issues to sort within the game, and they put time and effort into doing this?

Well done PD, you legends. 👎

Well, its a modeling error. Wipers usually wipe in the direction of the driver. The 3D artist must have mixed up the RHD/LHD version of the car.

I've read that the extra tyres are gone , how about Snow and Dirt tyres?

Those were in the game from the start , surely they wouldn't block those too ?

MadMax

No problem man. You just can't discuss how-to here. Ummm, tomorrow I can show you how in a PS3 chat if you would like?

i figured it out. i am now back on 2.11 and having fun setting up races around my drift cars. why the favorite opponets setting wasnt a in game option is beyond me. But i can see why some of the other settings could cause trouble after looking at them. i guess the biggest problem with hacking is there are going to be people who go to far, and even more of those who will go online and be a pest. I hope they are taking notes for gt6? Because some of the options you get from hacking should have been in the game in the firs place. But thanks a bunch you guys were a big help

Slamming cars is still possible. I remember somebody said it earlier tho.

If that, engine, tranny and chassis swaps were still allowed I would still be online. If i would have figured out this trick alone after the last update i might have not went back to 11. Just saying PD. wink wink ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

MadMax
I hope not because I have literally modded almost every car in the game where they can all race dirt and snow and I would hate it if all that was for nothing. Although I highly doubt they would remove those tires from the whole game itself since you need them to race on the dirt and snow tracks they have in the game. ;)

Okey several things I would like to know:

Are the car and wheel color samples still there?

Are the hidden paints Ramanujan is passing around still working?

Are all 5G's still there?

:confused:

MadMax

As you stated, "those were in the game from the start." Exactly, they would not be considered "extra tires" . When we are discussing "extra tires" we were referring to all of the (V) and (C) sets of tires. When you "put" every type of tire on a car you had 3 variations of each and every tire, so you had Comfort Hard, Comfort Hard (V) , Comfort Hard (C) , so on and so forth, also with the addition of "extra" Heavy Rain and Heavy Snow tires. All the regularly purchasable tires and the "Special tires" (as snow and dirt are categorized in the game) are still there. Hope this clears everything up for you 👍

Are the car and wheel color samples still there?

Are the hidden paints Ramanujan is passing around still working?

Are all 5G's still there?

:confused:

Yes

Yes

Yes

Last edited:
I have noticed the 5727cc paint doesn't "glow in the dark" anymore. When I go to the Nürburgring to take some night time shots of my car, it is DefaultColor with some trippy swirls when you get near a light source. Although, I did get a thin, bright red outline of the car's windows, doors, door handles, and rear spoiler/ducktail (it was the cover over the RUF BTR's engine).

I just wanted more glowing car shots. :(

I have noticed the 5727cc paint doesn't "glow in the dark" anymore. When I go to the Nürburgring to take some night time shots of my car, it is DefaultColor with some trippy swirls when you get near a light source. Although, I did get a thin, bright red outline of the car's windows, doors, door handles, and rear spoiler/ducktail (it was the cover over the RUF BTR's engine).

I just wanted more glowing car shots. :(

yes it does, it depends on the track, also if you don't get it glowing at first exit the track and get back on, you will eventually get a glowing color.

yes it does, it depends on the track, also if you don't get it glowing at first exit the track and get back on, you will eventually get a glowing color.

Thanks. It worked the other day at Special Stage Route 7. I just wanted my car to glow entirely in one color, not multiple.

yes, modding is back in all it's glory after a new exploit was found after 2.14, look over at NGU, it's very simple to bypass the "restrictions"

Wrong, part swaps can be re-enabled in 2.14, but grip and power multipliers don't work anymore.

Back