VC and SA Superjumps--instructions, pics, & discussion

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 331 comments
Spuds725
Note: I pretty much got all my info on how to do the VC and GTA3 Super Jumps from this site-- http://www.mygtastuff.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sjmain.htm

I think I did a better job of explaining how to do them but you can thank the people who discovered superjumps on spreading the word.

Here are clips of each of the Superjumps I've sucessfully done:

San Andreas Superjumps
Crop Duster

SA_SJ1.wmv (about 800 kb vid clip)
Distance: 43 ft, Height: 3 ft, Flips: 4, Rotation: 3,971 degrees

SA_SJ2.wmv (about 1800 kb vid clip)
Distance: 93 ft, Height: 99 ft, Flips: 12, Rotation: 2,535 degrees

Vice City Superjumps
A Mediocre Phils Place Superjump 900 KB and about 22 seconds

A HIGH Phils Place Superjump 4 MB and 30 seconds

One of my few (sucessful) Lighthouse Superjumps 705 KB and about 15 seconds

A Packer Superjump 1.3 MB and 30 seconds

San Andreas Superjumps
At this time I am only including superjumps I can do/have done-- Seymour619 has apparently gotten an impressive jump of Mt. Chilliad (27,000+ degrees, with 203 flips) but I don't believe anyone else has been able to repeat it (I've tried to get it for 4-5 hours without success)
Go to this post to read about it and followup discussion for a page or so after that post.

Ok, first of all. I did not discover this superjump but I did figure out how you can get stats for it.

I superjump as a hobby and have successfully done 3 of the 4 VC superjumps as well as the GTA3 superjump. I've been looking unsuccessfully for a good spot in San Andreas.

1gamer26 at gamefaqs.com discovered this (as far as I know)-- Here is a link to his post.

This is a teleport superjump as far as I can tell-- you are teleported various distances from the start point--sometimes flipping and spinning wildly--sometimes not spinng at all.

Directly south of the SF airport there is a hill with a crop duster airplane on it. Next to the plane is a small barn and there should be a sanchez parked next to it.

samBuddy.php

Get on the sanchez and try to drive under the engine of the plane-- we've found its easiest if you drive along the wing toward the engine and sort of try to drive under it-- I've had more luck from the right side of the plane. Anyway, if nothing happens back up and repeat--

Anyway eventually you will get a jump--and be instantly teleported most times spinning rapidly--

You can do this normally and still be teleported but I don't know if anyone has managed to stay on the bike so far and get stats for their jump.

I was browsing the forums last night and found edisoncarter's thread about button cheats he has been discovering http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=172825.

This cheat has a side benefit of not letting CJ fall off the bike--

Full Weapon Aiming While Driving
UP, UP, SQUARE, L2, RIGHT, X, R1, DOWN, R2, CIRCLE
This is so cool! You can aim and shoot anywhere with the right stick while you're driving, just like your homies do when you're doing a gang drive-by. CJ even hangs out the window to shoot over the roof. Use L2 and R2 to drive slowly. As a bonus, if you drive a motorcycle, you can't fall off!

I tried it this morning with the cheat on and got about 15-20 jumps with stats--most were pretty lame but these were two of my best ones.

SA_SJ1.wmv (about 800 kb vid clip)
Distance: 43 ft, Height: 3 ft, Flips: 4, Rotation: 3,971 degrees

SA_SJ2.wmv (about 1800 kb vid clip)
Distance: 93 ft, Height: 99 ft, Flips: 12, Rotation: 2,535 degrees

Mirror site links for the above vids-- if you have difficulty with the above links, click below-- thanks to IntegraGS-R for hosting these for me.

SA_SJ1.WMV

SA_SJ2.WMV

I'd like to apologize for the slow downloads from freewebs (its a free account), if someone would like to host these for me, please feel free to upload them to another host. Just PM me to update/add links-- Spuds

Here is another video link--
Mxyzptlk's (from GTAforums) Superjump video

Anyway, thats about it--

I'd like to thank IntegraGS-R for messing around with this unmorphed and telling me how he got it-- he went to bed before I found that cheat, so I got the first one (with stats) instead of him.

I'd also like to thank Edisoncarter at GTAforums for finding that cheat--can't be done successfully without it.

Finally I want to thank 1gamer26 at gamefaqs.com for discovering this.

Happy (super) jumping..

Spuds

Vice City Superjumps

Phil's Place Superjump
Phils place--getting in position 4.3 MB and 30 seconds

Phils place superjump video clip

Sorry about the pics showing the location the view gets kind of close to him after you flip so you can't see to well where the bike is positioned--you sort of get a feel for it.

Best way I can describe it

Drive behind the gate and into the corner formed by the gate and the wall-- initially you will be pointed north
attachment.php

attachment.php

pull back and flip the bike over--
attachment.php

you try to get his head in the wall (not the gate)-- he is now facing south.
attachment.php

Now give it a little gas and move forward a little (just to get out of the corner a hair)-- this is also necessary if his front wheel gets stuck in the gate off the ground after you flip the bike--pulling forward makes it fall down--then back up into the corner formed by the gate and the wall---

This is important--as you back up he will back into the corner and stop--hold the back up button for about 1/2 second after he gets stuck in the corner and let go-- you can sort of see him shift a little (like the bikes back wheel is riding up the wall in the corner but just a hair--like he is doing a very slight stoppie)-- you sometimes have to hold it down longer (2-3 seconds to get him to shift)--then gun it--if he starts to move back forward sort of slow then you didn't back up long enough--if he moves forward more then about 3 or 4 feet you were not in the right position--back up again and when he hits the corner again hold it a hair longer then before and try again...

If you back up too long, when you gun it the back end of the bike will almost always shift into the wall (he will be pointed to the west) and he will frequently get stuck here or fall through the ground-- if he gets stuck hard you might want to reload as it might be faster then trying to free him up.

If you got it in the right spot he will move forward when you gun it very very slowly (hardly at all)--just keep gunning it and he should fall on his side---
attachment.php

keep gunning it for about a second or two after he falls to the side and then let go--- and don't touch anything-- he will do one of three things--

You want it to do this
He will start shaking/wiggling---stop---shake/wiggle---stop---shake wiggle---superjump--this can take up to 15-25 seconds sometimes.

This is a screenshot of him wiggling (which is why he is blurry)
attachment.php

See bottom of post for pics of a successful (mediocre) superjump.

Some times after shaking/wiggling he will pop back upright--if your head is still in the wall just repeat what you did above-- if he gets turned in a weird position I can usually free him by backing up and turning the wheel a little.

If he pops up and his head is out of the wall just pull out of the corner and drive back in and flip over.

Sometimes he will get stuck in the ground and then fall through grey hell and land in the street outside Phils place (thats how I got my 4 flip jump).

I've also had success by doing everything I said above but with one slight difference-- after you let off the gas (a second or 2 after he falls to the side) don't touch anything for a second or 2, then gun it again and hold it down--- he will do the same shake/wiggle thing as above--I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not.

The below is a continuation of the above pics--it shows a mediocre superjump.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just to add, if you get a good superjump---go to a save point and save your stats-- I've had the game lock up several times while doing superjumps.

Light House Superjump
Lighthouse superjump video clip

Once again--sorry about the views of where he is but it gives you weird views.

Also, this jump is alot harder to get--frequently taking 1/2 hour to get one (so far for me)-- you will get stuck in the wall and fall through the stairs alot and this can make the bike take damage which-- you might have to reload frequently.

I usually have saved game at the house up the street from Pole position with a bike in the garage. When you get on the bike--I don't know if this matters or not but I've kept the view as the one behind him but the 2nd closest.

First, morph to a bike and drive to the light house. Drive in and start backing up the stairs-- you have to go faily high up. The bike might tend to climb the wall which will make you flip over and then fall through the stairs. To keep going up there is no real method but let off the back up button for a sec and try turning left or right and back up more. You can also turn left or right as you back up to prevent you climbing the wall in the first place.

Eventually you will come to a window-- right at this window there is an invisible wall which will prevent the bike from going any higher-- as you back up against the invisible wall the back of the bike will go up in the air (like you are doing a stoppie)--- as it goes up turn the bike to the left (toward the wall) and let go of the back up button but keep the turn left pressed on your pad.
(Note: in my pic the bike has already sort of flipped onto its right as I backed up---this is not necessary so don't keep backing up to try and make it do that--or maybe it does help--at this time I don't have enough experience to say if that helps or not--but from what I've read at other places I don't think its necessary)
attachment.php

Ideally the bike will wiggle along the wall for a moment as the front wheel works its way into the wall a little--keep turning to the left.
attachment.php

The bike rear end should flip up and over the stair rail and he will be sideways (to the right) and the front of the bike will be stuck in the wall--Ideally the handle bars of the bike will be just inside the wall (there is some debate on this...) anyway...as the back of the bike goes over the rail--let go of the controller and wait
attachment.php

After a second or 2 he should upright himself and the back of the bike will settle down with it stuck in the rail-- now gun it and don't do anything else (other then pray).
attachment.php

Ideally he will start shaking like the Phils place one and get shot out after a bit-- see pics below of a succesful (although fairly poor) lighthouse superjump.

Sometimes he will get stuck in the wall and move forward and sort of end up outside and will eventually fall out of the lighthouse and into the water...sometimes he will just fall through the stairs.

Note that I was stuck in the wall for over 2 minutes on this one and as I was gunning it he slowly moved down the stairs (the direction I was facing was changing)--

On this one I was letting off the gas and then gunning it again--I did this several times befor he finally got shot out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Packer Superjump
Under construction

Diving Board Superjump
Under Construction

GTA:III Superjump
Under construction

If anyone has problems viewing these, let me know--for some reason I can't view them unless I open the pics up in a new window and then exit and re-enter this thread--

If anyone else has problems I will replace the img links with actual links.

Maybe geocities blocks these somehow??

Spuds

Ok-- I added hyperlinks--I'll wait and see if this is a temporary geocities problem or if I have to upload them somwhere else--:banghead: :banghead:

Ok-- uploaded the images to GTPlanet storage thread--(thanks Acidman I forgot about that)--everythings looks like I intended.

I hope this helps anyone trying to do this... after you guys get the hang of this you should get a successful superjump about every 4th or 5th time you get in the corner but realize some of the jumps will be short--even the short ones should give you a personal best in rotation though. Also, if the bike starts to smoke you are best off either reloading (if you DON'T want to save your stats) or drive to a pay-n-spray or back to a garage to heal--otherwise, you might get a real good jump but catch fire as you get launched and you will blow up before you land so you won't get the stats.

When trying to do a Phils Place Superjump I start from the Hymen Condo-- morph up on the roof-- and if this doesn't work drive up the street to the jogging suit clothes icon.

Also, superjumps can be done without 100% but the extra damage the bike can take after 100% makes it less tedious-- you should get at least 2 or 3 jumps before you have to heal the bike.

If you get a skipping superjump--where he is in super tight spin and starts bouncing instead of landing you might take enough damage to catch fire-- any stats you get on a bounce will count. If you land in the water--unless you hit something solid before landing in the water--you won't get the stats.

Also note, I've had the game lockup after getting killed (right after the "wasted" message

Spuds

Cool, I'm going to give this a go.
I tried once before, I was doing it right from the looks of it, but all I managed to do was fall through the floor.

I just thought of something else-- don't use the hand break use the regular break/back up button to slow yourself-- it is possible to get de-morphed since that button is also used to target people if you have a weapons selected--also you can select any weapon while morphed and can fire any weapon, but you will de-morph if you fire.

Just get rid of your weapons to avoid any problems-- or select no weapons before you morph.

Perhaps KM will give out some pointers or descriptions I may have missed.

Good luck

Spuds

Originally posted by Spuds725:
This is important--as you back up he will back into the corner and stop--hold the back up button for about 1/2 second after he gets stuck in the corner and let go-- you can sort of see him shift a little (like the bikes back wheel is riding up the wall in the corner but just a hair--like he is doing a very slight stoppie)--then gun it--if he starts to move back forward sort of slow then you didn't back up long enough--if he moves forward more then about 3 or 4 feet you were not in the right position--back up again and when he hits the corner again hold it a hair longer then before and try again...

What I've noticed is that not only should your back wheel be slightly up the wall before you accelerate but your front wheel should be slightly buried in the ground (no more than a quarter), that way he seems more likely to flip over on his side and on the right track for a Superjump.

But what Spuds has described is pretty much exactly what I do each time I do a Superjump. It's better than the guide I used, so hopefully people should get their first Superjumps faster using this guide. If you do get successful you'll probably get better and better because you'll get a feel for the timing and location that you need to have.

But it's worth it.

KM.

I finally pulled off some superjumps, the first one I was en route to the Hyman Stadium except the bike had caught on fire, plus I don't know if I was carrying enough speed, I probabbly would've landed in the water. The following ones weren't that great, but I'm getting good at it, at least I can say I'm a 'pro-morpher' with the bike.
Spuds, did you know you can also use the Tracksuit at Little Havana to fuse? 👍

As a final note, I know now how addictive these can be. :D

Congrats on getting some-- I think they are so addicting because it is so cool when you get a good one--you keep thinking the next one is going to be higher so you keep trying....

I'm sure its possible to make it to the stadium--I've come very close (within about 20 feet of land) --but it is pretty rare that you get shot to the north...I've almost made it to starfish island 3 times but its been a while since I've been close.

My advice with dealing with the addiction is to quit (for a while) if you get a good one--it was likely the best you are going to see for a while.

Post some stats in the record thread when you get a chance... even a poor superjump gives you great rotation stats....

Also, i never tried the clothes in little havana--aren't they behind the counter-- I just assumed it was farther then the hymen condo and harder to get at--I'll give it a try next time.

They aren't behind the counter, but I assume it might be a bit difficult to get a bike in there easily.

It's possible, just leave enough space on the left of the bike for Tommy to jump off, otherwise he'll simply appear next to the bike when you get off, meaning he didn't have enough room to normally get off.
It seems to me like those clothes are closer, I dunno.
If you're quick at leaving Phil's Place after ditching a bike 'cause you got stuck you should find a few PCJs spawning out on the street too.

I was Superjumping today and got an odd one. I had a really good one. But the thing is I landed in the water, kept going through grey hell and landed in Little Haiti. Didn't die when I hit water and it registered the jump with about 25000 degrees rotation, 350m distance and 380m height.

KM.

Any chance that someone with a fancy-pants digital camera can post a video of a morph?

I had a weird one too---

I superjumped to the top of the building that the bank is in (its a pretty tall building)-- either I went through the roof or its like the tall buildings downtown and doesn't have a solid roof. I fell down inside of it and landed on a ledge near ground level. Igot off the bike and jumped off the ledge...fell though grey hell and landed inside the building again. The ground was transparent but I could not jump back on the ledge...I jumped around near the front of the building and suddenly I was outside the bank--like I exited the bank. For all I know my bike is still in there.

Regarding the morph video--
My digital camera takes pretty big video files---lemme give it a try and see how it looks and how big it is... I might be able to upload it to my geocities page and let you download it from there--I have about 10MB free there--hopefully it will be a manageable size.

Spuds.

That would kick the proverbial ass.

If I can get it to work, I'll video in on my camera - it'll do 3 minute .avi files, for about 2Mb, so it won't be TOO big - and either upload it here or to my own site for download... :D

I always place a PCJ on the left hand side of a clothes icon so that the icon is brushing against the right of the gas tank. When Tommy hops off he won't pick up the icon, when he gets back on he should just get it like with his right arm.
I think the algorythym of him getting on the bike should be like 78% completed for it to work.

Try watching this...

I did a quick side view in the clip so you can see how far forward you should be too.

I made a higher res vid too but geocities limits uploads to 5 MB and it was 5.5 MB.

EDIT** Video removed (I have limited storage space and needed it.

Spuds

I tried. It said "connection was reset by host" every time.

Edit: Except just now... GRRR! :D

Edited Edit: Utterly perfect :D I'll have to practice that now... :D

Edited Edited Edit: First try, came off perfectly. Hurrah!

Hate to tell you but "morphing" is the ez part of superjumping... ;)

Maybe I'll try to do the lighthouse superjump again... I haven't tried that one since before I got the Phils place one. I tried for about 2 or 3 hours to get that one and managed one which shot me into the water-- it took me all of 5 minutes of trying to get my first Phils place one--I might have been lucky.

First successful effort:

280m, 90m high, 9291 degrees. My bounce was heading towards Starfish Island, but the bike explodinated.

I feel ripped off... :(

Got fired out of Phil's Place, went SO high that the "Loading..." screen briefly came up, everything below became too far to draw. Then I slowly fell back to Earth (or Vice City), with the surroundings gradually coming into focus, landed on the northernmost point of Leaf Links:

Rotation 21611 degrees. Distance 0.14m, Height 0.0m

WHAT?! WHAT!!!!? BASTARD!

Just pulled another, with slightly more respectable 741m length, 262m height, 25644 rotation. I landed on the road outside Fort Baxter.

But, my bike rarely survives the first landing... Even on the 100% game.

I'll be posting stats soon hopefully, I think I had one with some 14000º+ of rotation.
I've also had the 'Loading' thing come up on me once, I went through the floor though. Come to think of it I end up going down the 'Y' cord more often than up the very same. :odd:

I have had similar experience - I fall more than rocket. But I've not fallen through grey hell in any one of my last 4 attempts at Phil's Place. Think I've got it sorted now :D

Just need to figure out how to aim the bugger...

Latest Posts

Back