The Logitech Driving Force Pro Thread.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 2,697 comments
so i have a DFP and the plastic clamp just broke. i've called Logitech but with "great" surprise they don't sell the clamps or have any idea where to get them because they want me to buy a new wheel... go them.

any idea or knowledge of a place i could purchase the clamp?

that happened to me, so i took a drill and drilled a 7/16 hole in where the knob is, straight through the base and subsequently through the table, then I took a 6 in lag bolt and bolted it to my table with a nut to hold it. Works like a charm.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this forum is frequented by anyone now but dos anyone know the specs of the motor used int eh DFP.. or even its name?

Cheers

can anyone please tell me the ohmic value of potentiometers used in the pedals of Logitech Driving Force Pro?
I have modified my Genius wheel pedals to use it with DFP but they dont work on GT4
the genius pedals originally came with 50K pots and my son could play NFS Underground for PS2 with those but they would not work on GT4 so i changed the pots with a 10K ones, but still they would not function with GT4.
any clues?

I have order an Fanatec CSR Wheel and I am willing to give away my DFP for the price of shipping from Canada. You can PM if you are interested.

Hi, Got a problem with my DFP not always returning to centre.

On occasion, Mostly when I've had to turn from one direction to the next quickly the wheel will uncalibrate. For instance at the Harbour chicane at Monaco going from left to right quickly as i turn the wheel to the right the car will suddenly start going straght & the wheel will then register centre as been turned to the right. To fix it I'd have to yank the wheel back left a few times.

Its started happening more often recently on a varierty of games for PS2/PS3 & PC.

I forget,
are the DFP wheels optical sensor driven?
i.e if the sensor or receiver is dirty/ damaged it may not respond properly.

maybe just open up the case and blow out the dust with an air duster and check for signs of wayward lube/ gunk

I had to re-start the game because all the info was lost after some one else formated the system,so after doing all the test's up to ib3, I think,the slalom with the yellow Toyota I decided to look at what I had my wheel set to. To my surprise it I hadn't changed anything so it was set to the amateur setting with force feed back to 5. Anyhow I'm looking for the settings that will give me a true representation.
Does it make it easier or harder to control the car with the wheel set to amateur ?

My DFP died last night. It's all plugged in but it wont calibrate at all, the only sign of life if the left light is flashing. Any ideas?

My DFP died last night. It's all plugged in but it wont calibrate at all, the only sign of life if the left light is flashing. Any ideas?

Mine does that if I forget to plug in the PSU, check you have 24v DC at the connector, probably wont be this but worth checking ;)

I remember that you could change it between 900 degrees and 180 or was it 90 degrees? what was this and how do you change it? I know I can read how to change it in the OP to 900 degrees but what is it set to as default? When I connect mine to gt5 its set on 900 degrees how do I change it to 180 or 90 degrees? help please :)

Select+R3+right paddle, locks the wheel accurately with the game. Nothing like real life but makes it easier to drive and drift.

I really like using my DFP in 200 degree mode. Does anyone make a more current PS3 wheel that can be used in the 200 degree range? Thanks in advance for any info. Cheers:tup:

I really like using my DFP in 200 degree mode. Does anyone make a more current PS3 wheel that can be used in the 200 degree range? Thanks in advance for any info. Cheers:tup:

The fanatec wheels can be set at whatever range you want up to 900.

I'm getting a driving force pro to go back and play GT3,does anyone know if I can use the my G27 pedals with this wheel? Direct plug and play or adapter? I'm going to try and fit my original G27 rim to it also. Thanks for any advice.

The bearings in my DFP sound pretty rough. Is it possible to grease and/or replace them? If there is a guide to the internals of this wheel I'd appreciate a link.

I've got issues getting FFB running on my Driving Force Pro on Win7
I have it connected to the PC and it's showing up in Device Manager as 'Driving Force'.
The wheel works fine except it doesn't have 900deg rotation or FFB. There is only one LED light on the wheel, but I've tested the AC adapter and it's got 24V.
Tried downloading the driver package off the logitech website, but after I install it doesn't detect the wheel.
This is really frustrating! Tried to download some ghetto driver but ended up downloading some weird driver installer that didn't work.

Would appreciate any help. Cheers

This great wheel that I dragged down from the attic is not supported by F1 2019! Dammit!
It WAS a great wheel - when it was released in 2003. Times have changed. I loved the wheel at the time but let's be honest it is fairly terrible compared to even budget standards these days.

Back