Let's see those desktops (rev 4.0)

• Thread starter Sage
  • 11,075 comments
Excuse me for being horrendously un-computer-savvy... Bram Turismo... are you using Linux or some Windows desktop modifier? Because that is frickin' awesome (to quote my favorite Austin Powers character).
Bram, I think you need to put a link to a Windows customisation tutorial in your signature. :lol:

Excuse me for being horrendously un-computer-savvy... Bram Turismo... are you using Linux or some Windows desktop modifier? Because that is frickin' awesome (to quote my favorite Austin Powers character).

It's indeed XP: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3496350&postcount=7537 👍

desktophco.jpg

20 a day? I change them after a couple of days. I do make new ones very often, but never more than one per 2 days :P

Similar here. Though it depends more on my wallpaper than anything else. And finding solid wallpapers at my resolution (3360 x 1050) doesn't happen too often :dopey:

My first desktop for the full version of 7 which I finished installing yesterday:

captureti.png

I just kinda put something up once I installed the OS. I'll probably put something better up sometime.

It's been ages since I posted mine, you may notice Rainmeter has gone. As much as I loved it, it slowed my computer down sooo much on start up it verged on the side of ridiculous. So I've got rid of it, I think it still looks pretty smart anyway and better than a normal windows desktop, plus now boots up much quicker!

Untitled-1-17.jpg

My first desktop for the full version of 7 which I finished installing yesterday:

captureti.png

I just kinda put something up once I installed the OS. I'll probably put something better up sometime.

In the future, use a JPG file type for this, as it is 2 megs in the PNG-24 compression :crazy: Was wondering why it took so long to load.

Following Bram Turismo's guide, i managed this:

4056927388_82020176df_b.jpg

Taskbar autohides, leaving the clean dark desktop. .

Thanks for that tutorial Bram Turismo 👍, i sure love my pc's new look. Still playing around and having some trouble with rainmeter stuff though, some gadgets don't work (and others i just don't know how to make them work :dunce: ) :)

That wallpaper is awesome. Source?

As for Rainmeter, it takes a little playing with to get the hang of, but once you figure it out it is golden. Mostly :P

Yeah, you'll go bazookas with desktops once you've got Rainmeter figured out properly. I don't know Windows 7's compatibility with Rainmeter, so some issues you may experience might be addressed to that.

In the future, use a JPG file type for this, as it is 2 megs in the PNG-24 compression :crazy: Was wondering why it took so long to load.

I too was wondering why it too so long to load the first time. That was done just using the snipping tool that comes with 7 and then straight to imageshack. Apparently that doesn't work. I need to get my hands on Photoshop again.

That's very nice Bram. What clock and date skin are you using?

4063743687_323c54fa87_o.jpg

Windows 7. Not many visual styles at the moment but given time more will be ported.

For Rainmeter I'm using 2befine+ and Enigma. Combined this is by far my favourit desktop set-up for Rainmeter.

God, it's only been 2 days. Those people over at Interfacelift have to stop producing such awesome pieces of work! :drool:

desktoprt.jpg

Back