SlipZtrEm

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Welcome to my little part of the Planet's P&V Gallery. I've been slowly amassing Photomode
pictures on my computer, until I realized the size is rivalling my actual camera's folders.
So, I decided I probably have enough decent ones to put up on display. A little bit of Photoshop
for most of them (Levels, Brightness/Contrast, Saturation, and a wee amount of blur layering),
because well, that's how I prefer them. Besides, they always look better on the the TV,
don't they. I'm going to try to keep everything in the first post, and new posts will be to
point out there's an update. I don't know the pros and cons of putting the groups of pics
in each new comment, so I'll just wing it for now, heh.

Anywho, hope you enjoy, and as per usual, comments and (constructive) criticisms are
always appreciated. Expect a bunch more in the next few days; I'm not at home,
so I only have my flash drive to work with :).

Update History:

09.18.05 - Gallery created. First three cars are put up.
09.19.05 - Cougar and Alfa GT galleries put up. For the former, looking for a sundried, beachy look. The Italian stays away from typical red bravado; wanted a rainy day in France instead :).
09.20.05 - Doing what so many TVR owners do, I take my breathed-upon Tamora to La Sarthe. Only difference is I actually get on the track :).
09.21.05 - Wanted to unload these, they've been sitting for a while. Midnight testing of a 280ps Concept from Suzuki. Not too happy with them :indiff:.
09.23.05 - First part of the update for today. It's polar-opposite Brit day!
09.23.05 - Second part. City setting, small and light Brit. How bizarre. Note the beginning of the new setup: I knew there was a reason people don't store all their pics in the first post.
09.25.05 - One of my favourite older cars is put up. Was worried about lack of variety in the gallery, so there's now some shots with multiple cars :).
09.26.05 - Adding some more variety again, biggest update yet: First snow shots, first race car.
09.27.05 - Load-lugger from hell! Gave this set a suitably moody look.
09.29.05 - Another grid shoot. This time taking a wonderfully nostalgic-liveried Mazda :)
10.04.05 - It's been a while. I've been busy with some things, and this week is dedicated to a variety of Nissans. Up first: The beautiful R33 :)
10.05.05 - Clubman in a 240 that was made for getting sideways. Is there any more proper way to use an SX?
10.06.05 - I return to the highways the following night in my high-revving NA Micra. Some pretty serious machinery challenges the little guy.
10.07.05 - Up goes another Skyline... sort of ;).
10.09.05 - I figured since I had such a successful time with a rally car last time, I'd do it again. Last Nissan for a bit, most shots yet.
10.10.05 - Welcome to v2.0 :)
10.11.05 - Something new (to me anyways). Are you ready for widescreen?
10.12.05 - Another set in the Group Shots category: The TSX... er, Accord :)
10.19.05 - My favourite car, my favourite track. It's been a month (and a day) since the gallery started.
10.21.05 - A car that isn't seen too often in it's stock form in real life, nor in GT because of the requirements: say hello to Mr. T.
10.24.05 - In a bit of a nostalgic mood: a blue Soarer (SC300) at High Speed Ring.
10.26.05 - Twice the fun: the not-too-often seen WiLL VS and the oldest/newest GTi's.
11.01.05 - I take a chance and travel to boring old Fuji with a fun (but badly-textured) car, the Zonda LM.
11.06.05 - This must be my most varied update yet; hello wallpapers! ;)
11.08.05 - 16 more wallpapers wrap up Group One.
11.10.05 - It's been a month since I've touched a Nissan. The Bluebird, by request :)
11.14.05 - A JGTC car I love; the Castrol Mugen NSX.
11.22.05 - First part of the Silver Arrows update is up; panos. Expect a slight rearrange for this first post soon :)
11.24.05 - Second part of Silver Arrows is complete. CampusCup will be taking up my GT time for the next little bit.
12.02.05 - Jag's gorgeous bubble-economy supercar takes to the streets of the equally gorgeous principality of Monaco.
12.10.05 - Two different CRX's (one NA, one turbo'd), fight in a dark NYC.
12.29.05 - It's been quite a while. An A3 slides around the Ice Arena.
01.22.06 - Gah, it's been even longer since last time. Took my track terror to the establishment at Infineon.
01.26.06 - One of my favourite cars from GT1, with some lovely powder-coated Volks, sideways.
02.13.06 - It's quite late, but finally, it's finished; my most valuable GT4 car, the tuition-paying Pitwork Z.
02.15.06 - Lousy textures suck. Nice colour doesn't. Hello Acura CL.
02.18.06 - Possibly my biggest undertaking yet; part one of perhaps four. The very first GT B-License; GT1, that is.
03.05.06 - The original first series :)
03.25.06 - Given an unlimited budget, this is how I'd want a Civic to be.
04.06.06 - My first drive in TT in the beautiful Buell.
04.17.06 - T350c meets some two-wheeled trouble at Fuji.
06.09.06 - It's been a long time, but here's a different editing approach for me with the GT @ Infineon.
07.27.06 - Simple editing to the Opera S2000 @ Tsukuba after reading about it in SCC.
07.30.06 - A red bugeye STi speeding in the snow.
08.03.06 - An early FD RX-7 takes on much faster cars around Laguna Seca.
08.14.06 - A pre-facelift NSX finds itself in NYC.
08.15.06 - Suzuki family in-fighting: GSX-R/4 Concept takes on its two-wheeled brother.
08.28.06 - A stealthy Celica prowls the streets of Shibuya.
08.31.06 - A wonderful old 'Lady dances around the Apricot Hills.
09.08.06 - Simple shot; a Franz-inspired Piazzo visit with a mustard Legacy.
09.19.06 - Happy birthday... to this gallery.
10.10.06 - Mister Two takes a trip through the woods!
10.17.06 - What's that? 38 new wallpapers? Yay!
11.16.06 - A nice simple 300ZX on R34 rims.
11.20.06 - Vintage drift, Camaro style.
11.24.06 - CTR gets an ITR nosejob.
12.03.06 - Mustang GT caught prowling the downtown Seattle area.
12.06.06 - Shibuya: Fire & Ice. Sponsored by Subaru and Infiniti.
12.09.06 - Widescreen Chamonix featuring the Celica rally car.
08.23.07 - What, it's only been 9 months. We've gone portable.
09.29.07 - The new method.
10.15.07 - An old Evo welcomes Autumn.
10.24.07 - A strangely de-stickered Impreza racer is scooped at Fuji.
12.24.07 - Merry Christmas, from Aston Martin at the Ring.
01.04.08 - Competition Collection: PMC.
01.14.08 - Competition Collection: 2.0.
01.27.08 - Competition Collection: PD Tournament.
02.12.08 - Competition Collection: Head2Head.
02.18.08 - Daybreak.
07.03.10 - Farewell.

Last edited:
Welcome! A pretty good start for a gallery and a first-class banner!

Visit my gallery and leave a comment too if you have some spare time.

Wow Slip..... AWESOME PICS!!!! 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
here are many thumbs up and....

bcakeandconfetti.gif

a cake to celebrate your gallery!

:dopey:

BMW M Coupe @ Citta di Aria

Mercedes SL55 @ Motegi

Hyundai Tiburon @ George V

Mercury Cougar @ Costa Di Amalfi

___________________________​

New pictures up :). Next up, hopefully tonight: Alfa GT @ Opera.

Enjoy 👍

Last edited:

Gallery updated, say hello to the truly blue Alfa GT :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys :). Greycap, the Tibby's an FF alright, but it doesn't come with 220hp from the factory. The one in the pictures is still naturally aspirated, it's just putting 265hp to the ground now. Perhaps you're thinking of the 220hp mid-engined model, the HCD6?

Last edited:
SlipZtrEm
Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys :). Greycap, the Tibby's an FF alright, but it doesn't come with 220hp from the factory. The one in the pictures is still naturally aspirated, it's just putting 265hp to the ground now. Perhaps you're thinking of the 220hp mid-engined model, the HCD6?

Gallery updated, say hello to the truly blue Alfa GT :)
No, I meant the FF model. I just guessed some power numbers, the weird thing is that in the PAL version that is called Hyundai Coupé. And I think I've seen a Hyundai Tiburon but it was an SUV... I might be wrong.

Nice pictures of that Alfa 👍

GREAT start to your gallery. Your work reminds me of tabs, and that is a GOOD thing. Perhaps you add a bit too much glow, for my taste.

I really like shot 6 of the M Coupe, 6 and 7 of the Cougar, and 6 again of the Alfa at Opera.

One more update, then I'm done for a while. Figure I can stop pestering everyone with daily updates for a bit ;). Tamora @ La Sarthe, enjoy 👍

Thanks guys :)

Greycap - Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Tib's called a Coupé over in PAL-land. Perhaps the SUV you saw was a Tucson? ;).

Kenny - Thanks, tabs' gallery was one of the ones I looked over long and hard before I decided upon how I'd do mine. As for the glow, yeah, the Alfa shots use a lot more than the others, I was trying to get a kind of blurry lens look to them. I use a fair amount less for the other galleries. I'm glad you like the particular BMW and Alfa shots; the Alfa one is probably my favourite of the lot, and the BMW one was an accident that turned out far better than I expected.

Franz - Your gallery is another I've visited constantly. I especially enjoy all of the multi-car Photoshop pics. I've still only attempted one, the four Black Beasts shot from ages ago ;).

Last edited:
Oh VERY COOL beginning man. Galleries are definatly cool, especially new perfect ones;)

S12, lol thats about the best welcome you can give lol;)

KEEP IT UP:tup:

Nice you're keeping up your gallery 'history'! I like the way you give all sets an own look. It gives more possibilities for combinations! 👍
It's like: car+track+photo-style. :dopey:

Wow, these pictures are amazing, SlipZtrEm. I love them all, but I especially like the Mercury Cougar @ Costa Di Amalfi set; the color balance is perfect and the car color goes very well with the track and its surroundings. I’ll definitely be checking back, just keep ‘em coming! 👍

By the way, thanks for the quick mention, Kenny. :D

Suzuki Concept S2 @ SS Route 5

NEW UPDATE: Okay, so I only waited a day, again... my S2 is bumped up to 280ps, though it's missing the 4WD to scare the Subabishis of the world. Midnight testing of it. Enjoy :)

GT4Fan - Thanks :)
Setjur - Thank you, it kind of happened by accident. I just really enjoy keeping pictures together in similar styles. Plus, like you said, I can revisit a car later on, just take different style pictures :)
tabs - Wow, nice to see you drop by. I'm really proud of the Cougar shots. As soon as I got that car so many months ago in that colour, I knew the only acceptable place to take it was Amalfi :).

Last edited:
I like the 3rd and 6th Suzuki shots. :) The car looks like it was made to that scenery. Great, great and once more great. Did you already check my RUF update?

I really like 8 and 14 of the Suzuki shots.

In fact - #14 is one of the best I've ever seen from SSR5. Perhaps with a bit more shadow or something it would eliminate the off-grays I think I saw in there. 👍

Keep up the great work.

Beautiful updates slip!! i actually got inspired by your Alfa GT shots! come stop by when you have time to see mine! ciao!

You seem to inspire a lot of people here, I got the idea from your Suzuki update. Come and check my latest pictures when you have time!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage @ Autumn Ring

09.23.05 Update Pt.1 - A fat Brit :P. I'm going to be updating again tonight, with a couple older shots of one of the most fun cars in my garage. The Vantage is fun with 750hp on R1's. Enjoy!

As always, glad everyone's enjoying the shots :)

Kenny - Wow, thanks! The off-grays can be a really pain, and the lousy texture work really made itself apparent at SSR5. Even more so with my latest update :-|.

S12 - Fair enough, I inspired you, so now we're even ;). I'll check it right now :).

Greycap - Already saw, and I like 'em. I have probably 20 TVR's in my garage, but none that colour. I like it 👍

Last edited:
That's one of your nicest updates! I always wanted to photograph that car too, but last time I saw it in the game it was white.:yuck:

Did you know you have an < :drool: AMAZING :drool: > welcome picture??? :dopey:

Thanks Setjur; I wanted to take pictures of it because I noticed there aren't a whole lot around. I never liked the car until GT4; I always thought it was just too heavy to be fun, but I really enjoy its profile and back end.

The welcome picture is just my entry into the PMC Week 29. You're welcome to vote for it if you enjoy it ;). I figured it was my best picture yet taken, so it deserved to be what people saw in the Directory :)

They're old pics, so go easy on them. I look back on them now and kind of cringe, but I love the car enough to let them pass. Figured it made a nice pairing with the Vantage. Also, henceforth this gallery will operate much the same way as others; new updates will be made in new posts, not to the first post. Limit duly hit.

Matt - PS7 :)

Kenny - It's just a fun car, isn't it? May I ask what colour the car will be, or is it a surprise? :)

Last edited:
Back