How to turn off driving aid's

• Thread starter sunnybwoy
  • 50 comments
If anyone out there can translate how to disable driving aid's, please post it in the translation thread. I want to love this game, it's just the computer kickin in on every bloody turn is starting to get real aggrivating.

Don't you just have to switch to professional mode to turn off the driving aids? I played around with the options yesterday, and the moment I switched to that mode, I fell from my ride every time I gave it the berries in the corners, in second and even in third gear sometimes. And you can do a burnout.

Regards
the Interceptor

chihchou
It does feel like it has TC on it. But I really find no option to turn it on or off.
Aaargh, so many wasted hours.
attachment.php
I’m testing the pro controller handling model as type, hoping that TT finds a permanent position in the Japanese PS2!

{Edit}
Erm, the Interceptor, are you able to perform wheelies/stoppies in pro controller mode?

O8v1.jpg

FatAssBR
Isn't the game in Professional Mode by default?
Not in the Chinese version. Felipe, are you able to perform monos/stoppies when using pro controller mode?

Samberto
Not in the Chinese version. Felipe, are you able to perform monos/stoppies when using pro controller mode?
Well, now I'm not sure if I'm using the Professional Mode or not. Some bikes can perform monos and stoppies, others can't. I'll change the playing mode when I get home to see if it gets harder to play.

I thought I was using pro mode to begin with, but just found out I wasn't. Switched it now, and my back end kicks out sometimes.

speedy_samurai
I thought I was using pro mode to begin with, but just found out I wasn't. Switched it now, and my back end kicks out sometimes.
Okay, so the Japanese version is not in Pro Mode by default?

Samberto this is for you!

starting to power over..

powering over...

some burnt rubber..

and over I go...

some more power over induced loss of traction and rubber...

and over I go...

and then some fun.

I pulled that stoppie out too!

and a wheelie through the first 3 gears...

I was tempted to start again using the pro mode but, man, is it ever hard!

the Interceptor
Don't you just have to switch to professional mode to turn off the driving aids? I played around with the options yesterday, and the moment I switched to that mode, I fell from my ride every time I gave it the berries in the corners, in second and even in third gear sometimes. And you can do a burnout.

Regards
the Interceptor

I don't think setting the controller to "Pro Mode" will turn off the driving aids.

In Pro Mode, you can control front brake and rear brake separately. And you have to lean forward by yourself.

Am I wrong?

speedy_samurai
I pulled that stoppie out too!
and a wheelie through the first 3 gears...
Just thought I’d pop in to explain the stoppie/wheelie problem, as it was unrelated to the pro controller mode. It seems that the harder rules option curbs the stunts.

Chih, I can understand why you feel that the TCS remains, as bikes are somewhat limited from a standing start. However, at higher revs, one is finally able to break traction mid corner.:)

:) Spinning the rear, getting sideways. Phew! I was afraid pd left this detail out. Can front or rear tire be physically and/or visibly locked up in these modes?

Samberto
Just thought I’d pop in to explain the stoppie/wheelie problem, as it was unrelated to the pro controller mode. It seems that the harder rules option curbs the stunts.

Chih, I can understand why you feel that the TCS remains, as bikes are somewhat limited from a standing start. However, at higher revs, one is finally able to break traction mid corner.:)

Yes, I agree with you now. It does feel we got less traction at higher revs when set it to Pro Mode. I think I will start a new game with "Pro Mode" and "Harder rules" ON when I have time.

Thanks for the finding.👍

i feel a lot better now about getting the game now. i'm glad you guys figured that out. i was gonna be really disappointed if i couldn't break the rear loose on the exit of a corner.
cheers to who ever figured it out...now lemme see some pics with smoke on corner exits. get that girl sideways!

its really hard to master pro mode
I fall off the bike so many times
maybe using DFP can help to master

I think it will be even harder using DFP. There's no secret in Pro Mode, you just have to get used to brake with square+R2 (and learning not to use R2 too much or you'll go down), use L2 to lean the pilot on straights and corners (sometimes you gotta let that go too on the corners or you'll fall), and get enough gas when exiting corners, but not too much on high-powered bikes or you'll fall again. :lol: But that's pretty much it, the main differences from regular mode.

Pro Mode also made me realise how good the controller configuration they came up with is. I don't like to use two fingers on each of the shoulder buttons sides, and although you use all four shoulder buttons on the game you never use R1 and R2 togheter, nor L1 and L2. After all you're not gonna brake when gearing up, and you better brake into a corner with the pilot standing to stop faster. 👍

FatAssBR
you just have to get used to brake with square+R2 (and learning not to use R2 too much or you'll go down), use L2 to lean the pilot on straights and corners...

One thing I'll say for the Xbox: the analog triggers are great things for moto games (it's too bad the THQ games are so awful but pretty), and with TT, I've been hoping I'll be able to do all the essential accelerating/braking/steering/leaning with the DS2's analog thumb sticks. Is that not correct -- will I have to use (ugh!) buttons?!

No, you can gas/brake with the R3 and steer with the L3 just like in GT4. But as I said, the leaning button by default is L2. Although I like to use X and square both on TT and GT4. And on GT4 I also use the D-Pad to steer, on TT I prefer the L3.

FatAssBR
No, you can gas/brake with the R3 and steer with the L3 just like in GT4. But as I said, the leaning button by default is L2. Although I like to use X and square both on TT and GT4. And on GT4 I also use the D-Pad to steer, on TT I prefer the L3.

With L3 or R3 you mean movement with left or right analog stick up or down?

The L3 and R3 buttons is when you press on the analog sticks.

Back