iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
And I'm getting taken out again... and again... and again... and again... and again... (That was a reference to the song Highwayman for those that don't know...)

Ruf GT3 Challenge apparently = iRacing Figure 8 = iRacing Rookie Street Stocks... (The racecraft in this series is utter 🤬 )

Race 1: Was in a fairly good position... then rear-ended... but I managed to recover to 10th (exactly where I qualified).

Race 2: I was in P7, then was taken out, then went out of bounds, fell through the floor... 10th place finish.

Race 3: In P5, then rear-ended (again!)... and finished 11th.

I guess this is what happens when you are useless at setting up cars and go into D class fixed series races...

To be fair though, a lot of the accidents were slight miscalculations... and people giving no space and no regard to people's braking points...

And I'm getting taken out again... and again... and again... and again... and again... (That was a reference to the song Highwayman for those that don't know...)

Ruf GT3 Challenge apparently = iRacing Figure 8 = iRacing Rookie Street Stocks... (The racecraft in this series is utter 🤬 )

Race 1: Was in a fairly good position... then rear-ended... but I managed to recover to 10th (exactly where I qualified).

Race 2: I was in P7, then was taken out, then went out of bounds, fell through the floor... 10th place finish.

Race 3: In P5, then rear-ended (again!)... and finished 11th.

I guess this is what happens when you are useless at setting up cars and go into D class fixed series races...

To be fair though, a lot of the accidents were slight miscalculations... and people giving no space and no regard to people's braking points...

I'm bordering on 2000 irating, but every time I get close I get destroyed, GT3 at Suzuka was a total disaster for my irating, I started to claw it back late in the week, Monza has been worse of the same, still in the last 4 weeks I've gained around 900 irating and if I can get 3 solid finishes at Monza I will jump the 2000 irating barrier before week 13, for me, Mosport and Nurburgring full layout payed out big time, and Virginia was also solid for my irating, you need to find a car you gel with quite well and a track you know very well with big sign up numbers to make anything happen quickly,

I've been having trouble joining public race servers lately. Says "opening channel" Then "closing channel" Then a pop up that says "failed to connect to communications channel."

Anyone getting extremely bad graphics even with everything set to "High Detail"? Maybe something to do with DX11?

Anyone getting extremely bad graphics even with everything set to "High Detail"? Maybe something to do with DX11?

Everything was ok for me, its not to do with DX11, make sure your graphics sliders at the bottom of the graphics page are all the way to the right, if they are then you may have to adjust your graphics entirely,

Nope. Even turning up the shaders and car detail to high and I'm still getting crap graphics.

I'm not longer getting the Michelin logo and all of the writing on the FR 2.0 tires and all of the cockpits look like crap.

Nope. Even turning up the shaders and car detail to high and I'm still getting crap graphics.

I'm not longer getting the Michelin logo and all of the writing on the FR 2.0 tires and all of the cockpits look like crap.
Just for kicks and giggles did you rerun the auto config?

Is your PC capable of running full graphics?

Is your PC capable of running full graphics?

Switching to DX9 fixed everything. I only have 8 GB RAM though.

Also why am I getting so many page errors (the P bar gets full and yellow and then freezes the sim and I have to restart my PC... lost 98 iRating to that) even though I only have the sliders at the bottom only turned up to about 1/3?

Switching to DX9 fixed everything. I only have 8 GB RAM though.

Also why am I getting so many page errors (the P bar gets full and yellow and then freezes the sim and I have to restart my PC... lost 98 iRating to that) even though I only have the sliders at the bottom only turned up to about 1/3?

The sliders at the bottom suppress your system, open them up to maximum, sadly though as you're only on DX9 I fear that iracing has outgrown your system slightly, there's whispers that DX9 support will end early next year, you will need DX11, the other thing to try is to dial down some of your settings,

Steve Myers was saying last night on Twitter that dx9 is going to be gone in the next build in December. He said there's only 2k people that run dx9 and they need to have dx11 to have day/night transitions.

Just downloaded the new build. However when I join a session it reverts to single screen. I've checked the graphics tab and triple screen is def selected. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

EDIT: hmm when I switch back to DX9 it works perfectly.

Last edited:
The sliders at the bottom suppress your system, open them up to maximum, sadly though as you're only on DX9 I fear that iracing has outgrown your system slightly, there's whispers that DX9 support will end early next year, you will need DX11, the other thing to try is to dial down some of your settings,

So... how do I check that I have DX11 and how do I update to DX11? How much RAM would I need to run full graphics in-car?

So... how do I check that I have DX11 and how do I update to DX11? How much RAM would I need to run full graphics in-car?

That I dont know about, what I can tell you though is I'm using a 3GB 970x DX11 graphics card and I'm struggling to run 60 cars at some tracks on medium detail, my system doesn't like Suzuka in particular,

On the right is settings, just check the slider over to dx11. 8 may or may not be enough but 16GB is more common for gaming these days.

When I do switch over to DX11 though, then the graphics look like crap. I know that I can enable and disable DX11, but when I switch over to DX9, it is a lot better for graphics.

Let me clarify my question: How do I know that my system is running DX11 (or capable of)?

When I do switch over to DX11 though, then the graphics look like crap. I know that I can enable and disable DX11, but when I switch over to DX9, it is a lot better for graphics.

Let me clarify my question: How do I know that my system is running DX11 (or capable of)?

The NVIDIA driver has all that information somewhere,

This (I think)

CaptureThing.PNG

Oh, that explains a lot. You seem to only be using an integrated GPU. They really aren't intended to be used for gaming even though now days they can get away with it. Adding a graphics card (assuming that it's a desktop) opens up a whole can of worms concerning the PSU, and if it's a laptop, then there really isn't much you can do.

Edit: oh yeah, that's a general purpose laptop.

The reason dx9 helped was that there haven't been any graphical updates to dx9 in awhile to my knowledge.

Oh, that explains a lot. You seem to only be using an integrated GPU. They really aren't intended to be used for gaming even though now days they can get away with it. Adding a graphics card (assuming that it's a desktop) opens up a whole can of worms concerning the PSU, and if it's a laptop, then there really isn't much you can do.

Edit: oh yeah, that's a general purpose laptop.

The reason dx9 helped was that there haven't been any graphical updates to dx9 in awhile to my knowledge.

So... what can I do to get this computer to run iRacing at pretty much max graphics (I am useless with computers)? Or at least anything I can do to make this more powerful?

Back