GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Yeah, I also thought about only premium car's. I only want body kit's for my drift car's. I don't care about body kit's that much on none drift car's :), they already look amazing for example ferarri lambo. Ect.....

What about the random cars, like the new mini, and the FWD lot??? Lol

HKS just a word of advice my friend, if you want to post again straight after already posting something, hit the edit button and add something, try not to double post as some members don't take too lightly to it :)

What I am curious about is the first post by Jordan on th news page before he edited it.
When he said to the poster of the pic "It would be in your best interest to contact me"
Now thinking of that why would it be in his best interest, what could Jordan do for him?

@Jordan(Not taking anything away from you or questioning you but just wondering why that was said).

Thats what has me puzzled. Anyway can't wait for Jordan to post some news whatever it might be. :)

Perhaps this is part of that relationship Jordan has with Sony. Now it includes the secrecy of things like that leaked disc and some crucial info. I would think that best explains the "In Your best interest" line.

Perhaps this is part of that relationship Jordan has with Sony. Now it includes the secrecy of things like that leaked disc and some crucial info. I would think that best explains the "In Your best interest" line.
I think so. GTPlanet grew a lot since it was created, and so did Jordan's responsabilities.

I'd say you should grow a Poirot mustache!!! Lol

I can think of someone else who would look good with one.

picture.php

Not that it makes a lick of difference, but I cannot imagine GT5 is going to outsell Black Ops. GT is much more niche as far as I can tell, in North America most gamers I know will be passing on it, only a few passionate about it will be in. Surely that's different in Europe but Call of Duty's pretty popular everywhere as far as I can tell. MW2 claims to have been the biggest entertainment launch of all time, and Black Ops preorders were going faster than it sold. GT5 is big but IMO Call of Duty is a force that would be *really* tough to outsell, particularly when you consider it's on three platforms.

I'm really worried we won't be seeing GT5 until after Xmas, they should surely have a release date by now.. Especially when theres gonna be a few million blu rays sitting in a shed somewhere

I'm really worried we won't be seeing GT5 until after Xmas, they should surely have a release date by now.. Especially when theres gonna be a few million blu rays sitting in a shed somewhere

If they do, they wont tell us till they are absoloutely sure they can do it!!! I think theyll only give us a date when there are copies everywhere there were going to be, then well be told. I think they dont want to repeat their last delay... Pushing GT5 away when we thought we were SO CLOSE to having it!

WOW PAGE 2300!!!

It'll be interesting to see how much hardware sales go up after release, for both Sony and Logitech - this game could push hardware like no other.

Not that it makes a lick of difference, but I cannot imagine GT5 is going to outsell Black Ops. GT is much more niche as far as I can tell, in North America most gamers I know will be passing on it, only a few passionate about it will be in. Surely that's different in Europe but Call of Duty's pretty popular everywhere as far as I can tell. MW2 claims to have been the biggest entertainment launch of all time, and Black Ops preorders were going faster than it sold. GT5 is big but IMO Call of Duty is a force that would be *really* tough to outsell, particularly when you consider it's on three platforms.

I second that, there is no way it would outsell BO. It might beat it in terms of cumulative sales on the PS3 (and I expect that to happen at least 1 year after launch, I still think BO would sell quicker even on the PS3 alone).

GT has two kinds of fans, driving game fans and the fans who just buy it for the experience (visuals, quantity etc.). The fact that the learning curves for arcade-simulators like GT are very flat and very frustrating does not help either. That is probably the reason T10 went for the rewind feature. I hope we never see that in GT; as far as we keep buying $40 glorified demos, I am sure we wouldn't.

P.S Next time PD try to sell a demo to me, I wouldn't buy it; because I would know that it would just put them at financial ease and protract the developmental cycle by years.

It's definitely going to sell a lot. GT is different from many other big series in that it's not front loaded. It'll sell a lot initially but it continues to sell for years after unlike other games. Just as an example, GT4 became the second best selling game in the series earlier this year.

GT4 Prologue sold 1.4 million, not sure if it sold worldwide, GT5 Prologue has sold 4.9 million, and is actually the 8th biggest selling PS3 game. GT5 should ooff the back of that sell allot, though I think they need to get there advertising down, as they can't expect 10+ million sales based just on repeat buyers, as many people who had GT1 2 3 etc have moved on, they need to get the younglings buying.

So, where is Jordan? What's about the news? Isn't it time by now? I'm starting to worry, especially since he edited his post from "10-12 hours" to "soon", anyone with me?

ummmmm im going to be really selfish and shoot myself in the foot here, but in a way i dont want it to come out too far before christmas. my fiance is buying me this game for christmas and i wont be able to play it til christmas!! soooooo ummm the less time it spends wrapped up under my tree the happier i'll be :P hahha i also wont be logging on here after i have it in my house coz i'll want to play it :P

Jordans not even logged onto the forums and hasn't been for a couple of hours now. This would suggest he has gone somewhere (meeting with sony???!!!!)

your fiance is mean.

ummmmm im going to be really selfish and shoot myself in the foot here, but in a way i dont want it to come out too far before christmas. my fiance is buying me this game for christmas and i wont be able to play it til christmas!! soooooo ummm the less time it spends wrapped up under my tree the happier i'll be :P hahha i also wont be logging on here after i have it in my house coz i'll want to play it :P

So, where is Jordan? What's about the news? Isn't it time by now? I'm starting to worry, especially since he edited his post from "10-12 hours" to "soon", anyone with me?

It'll come when it comes, i'm sure Jordan will deliver

In other news did anyone just watch the F1 qualifying session? damn that was intense oh I also got new demo vids but i need to do some editing but i got a pretty good video of the Enzo doing burnouts and doughnuts, not a lot of smoke but it's pretty cool...stay tuned

Lucky you if it's not released before christmas, but poor others :)

Could anyone be so friendly to update me about what Jordan posted? I don't feel like scrolling back several pages.

Thanks in advance

hahaha thanks pedalforce, but shes not, me being me said i'll have the ps3 now and have the game for christmas :) which in hindsight..... :P

guess i have forza to keep me going til then :scared:

Back