GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
New little tip to get B-Spec drivers levelled up fast.

Expert series, Polyphony Digital Cup, Madrid Mini.

Take ULTRA FAST car, can be anything, make sure you got the right tyres.

Let him loose, when he's in first decrease the pace twice. Leave to boil.

14 laps, once he's done, a Class 0 will go to Class 5 in 10 minutes. Simples. Hope that helps.

Woul be better if SONY BR delivered my game pre-ordered (and paid) about 2 months ago. How can they get sloopy with a so basic thing (deliver the goods in time?).

Yeah. I'm upset. :grumpy:

Yeah, I know what you talking about, thats sucks and really pisses me off :indiff:
But the video is awesome you have to admit that. :dopey:

That was the best review so far. I just love the show...

👍 yep.

The thing is .. most web site put out reviews on release dates... but I realized that GT5 has to grow on you... specially after they have rolled out a few new updates ect....

After the shock of shadows etc... GT 5 is crazy awesome..perfect ? NO ! But graphics are the best on any consoles,Physics top notch... the bad are bads too !! can't wait for part 2 review early next year !!! WOW !!

Yeah, I know what you talking about, thats sucks and really pisses me off :indiff:
But the video is awesome you have to admit that. :dopey:

Yeah, the video is awesome, no doubt. It's just I remember that I did not get the game fast as promised by them (among the first in Brazil, yada yada...)

Well now, patience... patience...

Last edited:
So, I'm in a online race on the Special Stage Route 7 track with my ZR1. I'm ended up hitting 282mph in the race while drafting and after the race, I tried to get back in, I got a message saying; "You cannot drive right now." I couldn't do anything.:yuck: I had to restart my system. Anybody else had a problem like that?

Last edited:
Hey sorry guys for asking this but you know if in an online race can you include one of the spectators to the race,or replace one of the players in race from one of the spectators,once the race has started,My internet is kind of "restrictive".

so i found out a barrier glitch at the top gear test track were you can go off the map and go anywhere you want and i recorded it all with my cell phone but i'm just trying to figure out how i can get it on Gtplanet or Youtube ...somebody help?

Anymore info ?

I have a complaint. I was driving my Veyron down the Top Gear Test Track and was about to hit the invisible wall, I paused the game, and went back to the main menu. I then proceeded to GT Auto where I was shocked to find that I owed 500,000cr. in structural repair costs for the Veyron, when I never hit anything. I then figured out that even though I paused the game before I collided, it still costs me because had I not paused the game, it predicted that I would have collided. Now I thinking, what if a got up to about 100mph on the no chicanes version of the lemans straight, and let the car coast. If I paused the game and quit, would it charge me for hitting the barrier I would have collided with 2 minutes later had I kent it straight?

I have a complaint. I was driving my Veyron down the Top Gear Test Track and was about to hit the invisible wall, I paused the game, and went back to the main menu. I then proceeded to GT Auto where I was shocked to find that I owed 500,000cr. in structural repair costs for the Veyron, when I never hit anything. I then figured out that even though I paused the game before I collided, it still costs me because had I not paused the game, it predicted that I would have collided. Now I thinking, what if a got up to about 100mph on the no chicanes version of the lemans straight, and let the car coast. If I paused the game and quit, would it charge me for hitting the barrier I would have collided with 2 minutes later had I kent it straight?

I'm pretty sure the structural repair option becomes active as soon as you drive a car, whether you crash it or not

No, it doesn't. I previously crashed the Veyron at Lemans, and it cost me the same amount.

There are no repair costs in the game just rigity improvement for cars that have been driven so much that their chassis is warped which alters the handling. Have you driven your Veyron for over ten thousand kilometres? Then no, you don't need to pay for the rigity repair.

The whole "Restore Body Rigidity" thing has got to be one of the most odd parts of the game. Certainly necessary at times, but the game opens the option to you when all you've done is drive the vehicle, whether or not you hit anything.

Hopefully this will be fixed with an update, because it creates a situation in which you are never actually sure if it needs to be done, i.e. is it all in your head. Combined with the cost to do this on many of the expensive cars, and it just feels like you're throwing credits at a broken, incomplete or yet to be properly active part of the game (and without any actual assurance that it is required).

G4's review was pretty decent. They gave it a 4 out of 5 only really griping about the standard cars. Although, they said that the Standards look like they've been pulled straight from GT4, which, isn't true for a bunch of them, as a lot of the cars have been remodelled and some of those standards look as good as the premiums.

guys, does anyone know when the update for the saved game import/export will be available?
And maybe some knows whether I can import the saved game from the Standard Edition to CE.

No, it doesn't. I previously crashed the Veyron at Lemans, and it cost me the same amount.

Yes it does. Buy a new car. Check the chassis. It's fine. Go do one race, hit nothing and check again. Chassis now needs fixing.

Hi Everyone.

Can somebody tell me when it´s forecasted to include leadersboards in the online mode?

I think it´s one of the more relevant priorities to be fixed.

Regards

guys, does anyone know when the update for the saved game import/export will be available?
And maybe some knows whether I can import the saved game from the Standard Edition to CE.

I think that update was said to be available at the end of the year. So, hopefully it will be available in a month or two :)

Importing save game from SE to CE? I don't get it. It is exactly the same game, be it SE or CE. Only difference between standard edition and special editions (collectors edition and signature edition) is packaging and the extra stuff that comes along with special editions (APEX book, chromeline cars etc.). But the game itself is always the same.

Sadly.... My PS3 YLOD lst night. Its heart breaking. As I was loading up my first ever B-SPEC race. I hit "Race" and it just turned off and hasnt turned back on. I have a launch 60gb and I knew this day was coming. I knew that it would finally give up its old legs and cease to work. I dont mind buying a new PS3. I can save up and get one. The problem is that my GT5 disc is still sitting inside the damn thing. Now I have a 20lb paper weight that has eaten the best game ever (lol) Does anyone have any suggestions to how I can get it out? Please?

Sadly.... My PS3 YLOD lst night. Its heart breaking. As I was loading up my first ever B-SPEC race. I hit "Race" and it just turned off and hasnt turned back on. I have a launch 60gb and I knew this day was coming. I knew that it would finally give up its old legs and cease to work. I dont mind buying a new PS3. I can save up and get one. The problem is that my GT5 disc is still sitting inside the damn thing. Now I have a 20lb paper weight that has eaten the best game ever (lol) Does anyone have any suggestions to how I can get it out? Please?

I had the same problem a week before GT5 came out and I did this to get my disc out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH-V8EgaEr8

doesnt take too long if you have the right screwdrivers, took me about 30 mins.

Quick question ,Can I race at any track that has both changable weather and time of day to only make it a day and night cycle without weather changes.Like playing from Night to day @ The Ring Dry all the time?

Back