Danny

Code Red
Premium
United Kingdom
Scarfolk
Grim10
Are you kidding?
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/08/la-2007-preview-dodge-viper-srt10-acr-drops/

AutoWeek may have broken the story on the Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR, but we're now allowed to bring you the full gamut of pics and info straight from the horse's mouth. As Drew mentioned, we haven't had an ACR version of the Viper since 1999, so the return of Dodge's street-legal track car is significant news. The ACR is built around the standard Viper's stout 8.4L aluminum V10 that remains essentially unchanged – not that a 600-hp, 560 lb-ft motor needs much improvement. Instead, Dodge focused on other areas of the car to transform the Viper into a run-what-you-brung bonafide track special racer.

Since Drew hit the high points in our previous post we won't reiterate them here. If you want more, you can read about every detail that makes this Viper SRT10 ACR special in Dodge's official press release after the jump and check out the gallery of high-res pics below. We'll be at the LA Auto Show next week to bring you live shots of the car after it debuts, as well.

[Source: Dodge]

dg008_077vp.jpg

dg008_072vp.jpg

I dont think the red stripe to the left does it anygood

Actually I disagree, that's the first thing I noticed and proceeded to think "hey thats pretty cool". Its different, and thats a good thing.

The thing I like about that stripe is that it lines up with the steering wheel.

dg008_063vp.jpg

I'm sure this car will be a total monster. I'm happy. Maybe somebody will respond with a Corvete?

Why? There is already a Corvette coming out that will probably go faster, if not handle better.

The ZR1 will be about the same power figures as the standard Viper, no? Or am I thinking of the next Z06?

I have always loved vipers and this one is just amazing.:drool: And the stripe that lines up with the steering wheel is the sweetest thing i have ever seen.

Hows about everyone on GTP chuck in $50 and I'll buy one =D

Convert to matte black with carbon fiber stripes where possible (hood, bumper, roof, trunk... everywhere, basically) and carbon fiber splitter. Throw out dashboard to the right of center console. Throw out everything behind the seats that is unnecessary. Then I'll buy one.

It could come with a supermodel as standard equipment and you still wouldn't buy it. Because you're 13. I couldn't even but it if I had the money. I don't think anyone on this forum has the money to buy such a beast.

Convert to matte black with carbon fiber stripes where possible (hood, bumper, roof, trunk... everywhere, basically) and carbon fiber splitter. Throw out dashboard to the right of center console. Throw out everything behind the seats that is unnecessary. Then I'll buy one.

carbon fiber stripes? And what exactly is behind the seat of a two seater vehicle?

lmao, quit for now. carbon fiber is so tunerish it wouldnt look as good as that orange beast.

carbon fiber is so tunerish it wouldnt look as good as that orange beast.

I agree. Although I think a little carbon fiber would look pretty good on those little aero bits like the front spoiler and those little winglets and the diffuser. But not on the rear wing please. I also really like how the orange (red?) curves around the bodywork Veyron style. The rear does look a little akward though.

Where did I see this one before?

n78001441_30228957_1342.jpg

n78001441_30228956_1006.jpg

It should easily outdo the Z06, I'd hope. But for the presumed price increase, the ZR-1 is clearly the better choice. Either way, this is probably the most bad-ass American car for 2008.

===

Oh, and if the Ford Focus is eating babies for being so ugly, this one kicks your Grandmother's ass to metal music:

e031d641956db44ef7bd304677bc0612.gif

Back