◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
No it was not that time. Or with you.

But, it looks like we get to go back and do Silverstone and battle again. :)
I was behind you for one incident at Grand Valley, you should have filed an IR on that one, I would have on your behalf, but yesterday was pretty insane and couldn't find the time.

I was behind you for one incident at Grand Valley, you should have filed an IR on that one, I would have on your behalf, but yesterday was pretty insane and couldn't find the time.

Ya I wasn't too happy about that one, but he said sorry so I'm letting it go.

TONIGHT!
DTC Race Night
(Event will take place in a friends only room)

DriveTrain Challenge takes place at 10pm EST/7pm PST with qualifying at Circuito di Roma.

Choose the cars you want to race!

Details in the DTC main thread here.

All are welcome with their best racecraft!​

Last edited:
Probably the best video about the Isle of Man I have seen is a movie called V4 Victory. It follows Joey Dunlop and other riders at the Isle.

Here is a clip from the movie where they mount a camera to Joey's tank and he gives commentary on the lap in his heavy Irish tongue. It's truly ridiculous how he trivializes the danger...he even says sometimes he scrapes his helmet on the walls...in a tone we would use for saying we took a piss today.

I agree, one of my favorite films, I think I've watched it a few dozen times over the years! Joey was the king!

GT Academy 2014
ROUND 4

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps

Punch your ticket to the big show.

We're only 30 hours into round 4, but the SNAILs are out in semi-full force.

There are 9 listed in the top 32 (top 28 USA go to the semi-finals) at the moment. If you're not listed, fill out a form and get on our list!

US Rank (there are at least 2 in the top 32 that I know aren't eligible - @Doodle and @martin20az - any others?)
3- @Adventuruss
6- @msgt-sd
9- @fizzer
17- @K1utch
19- @Neovre
20- @martin20az
22- @dgaf95integra
31- @ParkerMO125
32- @gmraces

33- @GumballCGT
36- @GTP_Compton3

SUBMISSION FORM

DATABASE

GT Academy Round 4 USA Rankings - Top 250

I will sort and remove each individuals slower submission each night.

Can we get a Canadian Ranking list too. We are the big white land mass just north of the USA, you know....

Can we get a Canadian Ranking list too. We are the big white land mass just north of the USA, you know....

I will if you guys add your times to the database. I added @MajorBlixem because he was listed in the top 250 in Canada. I looked through the "other" list too for Brazilians, but didn't see any. It's kind of time consuming for me to do it all myself.

I will if you guys add your times to the database. I added @MajorBlixem because he was listed in the top 250 in Canada. I looked through the "other" list too for Brazilians, but didn't see any. It's kind of time consuming for me to do it all myself.

Give this man a break by submitting your own lap time through the link in his signature. He's not getting paid for doing this part time job.

Thank you kindly sir! I was going to submit my time tonight hoping to get a slightly better time! I was 86th when I went to bed and 109th when I woke up!

@KTR5 Question for you...When updating our times that's already in the database... do we still use the form to submit or can we PM you with any improvements on the time?

Step 1: Post a request to join (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread) // I submit this as my request to join.

Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post (it will include detailed Time Trial instructions) // Watching
Step 3: Purchase the three cars listed in the latest lineupbelow // Done
Step 4: Get an oil change on each car, but do not do anything else to the car (e.g. add parts or reduce weight) // Done
Step 5: On Sunday night, join the room number of the division you're are assigned to. It will be posted on this thread 15 minutes before the races start. // ???
If you are not sure which division you are assigned to, please check the Offical Driver List
Thanks for your interest and for following all the steps! Here's the reply you are watching for. :)

Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

S.N.A.I.L. at the GTPlanet 24 Heures du Mans Update:

Today has been a very good day as we've started to divide the drivers up into teams! We still have five drivers to divide over our 2nd reserve team, although if we can get one more driver we'll be able to add a 3rd reserve team to the race!

D3 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 6/1/14

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 (Mitsubishi 3000GT MR (J) '98 @ Grand Valley Speedway): @Dragonwhisky 2:11.641
Round 2 (Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 @ Silverstone GP Circuit): @turnupdaheat 2:14.909
Round 3 (Mazda RX-7 Touring Car @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca): @Rednose58 1:23.406

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Rednose58 2:11.323
Round 1 Race 2 : @Rednose58 2:11.430

Round 2 Race 1 : @GTP_unleashed 2:14.748
Round 2 Race 2 : @GTP_unleashed 2:15.018

Round 3 Race 1 : @GTP_unleashed 1:23.709
Round 3 Race 2 : @Dragonwhisky 1:23.916

Total Times/Wins:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Dragonwhisky 11:08.398
Round 1 Race 2 : @Rednose58 11:05.965

Round 2 Race 1 : @GTP_unleashed 11:21.513
Round 2 Race 2 : @Drgreenthumb977 11:29.274

Round 3 Race 1 : @GTP_unleashed 8:34.041 (6 laps)
Round 3 Race 2 : @Drgreenthumb977 10:02.342 (7 laps)

Overall, a mostly smooth night in D3, at least in regards to network issues. 8 of 9 drivers made the podium and the overall was in contention until the very last race. Congrats to @GTP_unleashed for the unofficial overall win.

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout!

I am in for the Race of Champions. I will also vote for mazda at mazda.
Hey guys I'm really sorry to say but just got word from the boss that I am doing a 2 week renovation on a restaurant that will require overtime everyday, so while you guys are racing I'll be working still. I'm on the west coast so the time just doesn't jive. I'll just have to try to make the next one if I'm in the rankings for it. I was stoked to race with you guys too. But I'll be making double OT sooooo, I'll live. :)

Prize A: Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 @
Daytona Road Course
1341996135552762_animate.gif

Back