◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
*NEW TIRE RESTRICTIONS*

Effective immediately, we're making a slight adjustment to our tire restrictions. We're simply bumping up the PP range that is matched to each tire grade. These new restrictions should provide us with the more realistic grip levels that most of us prefer, while still being somewhat manageable for beginner drivers. 👍

below 300 PP -> Comfort Mediums
300-349 PP ---> Comfort Softs
350-399 PP ---> Sports Hards
400-449 PP ---> Sports Mediums
450-499 PP ---> Sports Softs
500-549 PP ---> Racing Hards
550-599 PP ---> Racing Mediums
600 PP & up --> Racing Softs
The original post has been updated with this new chart for easy reference in the future.

Last edited:
Prize A since i won (through point sliding :( )

Car: Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Track: Circuit Madrid

I'll take Prize B...

I'm gonna change the car. Now I need to have that awkward conversation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*opens garage door*
"Hey Sweetie."

*380RS motor starts up*
*driver's door opens*

"Listen, babe..."
*sigh*
"...we uh... ...we need to have a talk."

*380RS motor revs*

"There's no easy way to say this so I'm just gonna come right out and say it."
*sigh*
"Look, uh, ...we're drifting apart."

*380RS motor revs*
*driver's door slams shut*

"No, it's not you, it's me - I'm just not feeling it anymore. I'm sorry"

*380 motor revs*

"It's not like that."

*multiple deafening horn honks*

"Stop it! You're embarrassing yourself. I'm actually embarrass for you right now. Just stop it. Please?"

*soft 380RS motor revs*

"You'll find a new driver who will love you..."
*looks at that sexy body*
"...like I did."
*sigh*
"...like I do."

*380RS motor idle*

"We can still be friends though, right?"

*380RS motor idle*

"Trust me, Sweetie, it's better this way."

*380RS motor idle*

"Don't ruin the moment by saying anything else. This is tough enough as it is."

*380RS motor idle*

"I do still love you, but I think we just need to go our separate ways for now. Who knows, we might get together again in the future."

*380RS motor idle starts missing*

"I'm just gonna go and um..."
*sigh*
"I'll give you some private time, okay?"

*380RS motor idle starts stumbling & knocking*

"I'll see ya around."

*motor shuts off*

"G'bye." :(
*turns and walks into the distance*

(a couple blocks later)

*turns the corner to find a unfamiliar car that peaks the interest*
"Well! Hello Beautiful!"

*motor starts up*

"What's your name?"
*reads the badge*
" 'Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione' '!"
"I love your name. ..and that accent - Sexy!"

*motor idle*

Damn, you're fine."

*soft motor rev*

"Yes, I can drive a stick."

*full throttle rev*

"Oh! :embarrassed: So... I'm guess you like to race?"

*multiple throttle revs*

"That's not a problem, I can do all that and more! Trust me, I can handle that." :sly:

*driver door opens*

*gets in car & starts caresses the steering wheel and shifter*
"I can get use to this."

*motor idle*
*driver's door closes softly*

"I'll be gentle with you."
*starts to drive off into the distance*
"So, how do you feel about the color pink?" :sly:

Last edited:
I would like to make a request to join:
(First time getting into racing so don't be too harsh :ouch:)

PSN: LR-L2L-xDriFtZz

Heard many great things about the S.N.A.I.L Spec Racing :D, hope I have as much fun as my friends do 👍

*league policy update*

based on the feedback received yesterday, we are making a small tweak to our points system. Effective immediately, points will awarded based on the number of drivers that start a race, not on the number of drivers that finish a race. Therefore, the number of points that will be earned for each finishing position will not change once a race has started. If one or more drivers quits or gets disconnected during a race, they will still be awarded points and will count towards the points allocation for that race.

Please note that drivers who voluntarily park their car will be treated the same as drivers who involuntarily get disconnected. The finishing position for those drivers will depend on when the event happened (how many laps those drivers completed). In other words, the driver who either quits or gets disconnected first will always get last place (and therefore the minimum one point).

Awesome!!!!​

5G? Bogus.

NC in Madrid? I like the S2000 better than the MX-5, but I think this will be fun. Madrid isn't as much fun as Monaco, but it does have a bit more room.

8C? Probably one of the most beautiful cars in the game. I honestly hate to paint it purple, though, because it just looks perfect in black, or maybe red.

esh

Not to beat a dead horse (;)), but how did I lose this race by two one-thousandths of a second??? You can clearly see that I am ahead by at least one one-thousandth of a second!! :lol:
7111171465_68fabb85f7_b.jpg

Then again, who cares about losing when your car looks this damn sexy! Nice pics, esh! :D
7111172661_64cab116cd_b.jpg

Not to beat a dead horse (;)), but how did I lose this race by two one-thousandths of a second??? You can clearly see that I am ahead by at least one one-thousandth of a second!! :lol:
7111171465_68fabb85f7_b.jpg

Then again, who cares about losing when your car looks this damn sexy! Nice pics, esh! :D
7111172661_64cab116cd_b.jpg

Yeah I don't know how dabney got the position. He had the speed going into finish but you had position. Must be his 25/25 internet! :sly:

Also, did you notice what they looked like after cresting that hill before turn 1? Not so sexy....meant to get a pic.

How do I do a maniacal laughter emoticon? That's what I need right now!

ProtegeDrifter

Heard many great things about the S.N.A.I.L Spec Racing :D, hope I have as much fun as my friends do 👍

Hey Drifter, I'll post our standard welcome a little bit later, not at home right now. Just wanted to say hi and let you know your post wasn't missed in the days deluge of posts. Welcome.

Welcome Protege'! I think you are really have fun with this group, I know I am!

Soooo, Am I to assume the Mazda/Madrid combo and the Alpha Romeo replaces the 380 at Suzuka for next week is solid??? Pardon my short bus-itis. I just wanted get my manure in one sock as early as I can. Unfortunately, I have GROSSLY neglected my B-Spec duties and don't have that option for breaking in the cars:guilty:... So I have to do it myself, which isn't a bad thing, but takes a little time... Did I mention it's my Monday.... Crud..... I'll shuddup!:crazy:

Hey ProtegeDrifter!

I'll add you to the drivers list you'll be starting in the Division 3 group for this Sundays league race. For the Sundays you can't make it please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the different lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, have a browse through it.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Hey ProtegeDrifter!

I'll add you to the drivers list you'll be starting in the Division 3 group for this Sundays league race. For the Sundays you can't make it please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the different lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, have a browse through it.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Thank you for the quick response.

zer05ive
*NEW TIRE RESTRICTIONS*

Effective immediately, we're making a slight adjustment to our tire restrictions. We're simply bumping up the PP range that is matched to each tire grade.

Here are the old regulations:
below 300PP - Comfort Softs
300-350PP - Sports Hards
351-400PP - Sports Mediums
401-450PP - Sports Softs
451-500PP - Racing Hards
501-550PP - Racing Mediums
551PP & up - Racing Softs

And here are the new restrictions:
below 300PP - Comfort Mediums
300-350PP - Comfort Softs
351-400PP - Sports Hards
401-450PP - Sports Mediums
451-500PP - Sports Softs
501-550PP - Racing Hards
551-600PP - Racing Mediums
601PP & up - Racing SoftsThe original post has been updated with these new tire restrictions. These new restrictions should provide us with the more realistic grip levels that many of us prefer, while still being somewhat manageable by beginner drivers. 👍

Huge kudos on this. I was getting frustrated with the amount of grip. I never race that way in my own time. In my perfect world, I'd like to see even one more bump, but I won't be stingy!

Thanks to everyone that came out to the parity races. I've made a longer post in the parity thread. If you have any feedback, please make it in that thread. Hopefully we can make it better.

I'll post the results shortly.

Sorry for the double post, but I did a little experiment with the points for the parity series tonight, and I got to thinking:

I recommend we move to fixed points for position. First place always gets 16 points. Second place always gets 15 points, and so on. The reasons:

I really doubt the places are going to change. We can go back over the last few weeks and test that out, though.

It makes scoring easier.

The perfect score for the evening would be 99 (16 points for each of six races, and an extra three if you set pole for each round). Makes it kind of cool to have a fixed max to compare your points to, and for your points to be consistent from week to week, division to division.

Sorry for the double post, but I did a little experiment with the points for the parity series tonight, and I got to thinking:

I recommend we move to fixed points for position. First place always gets 16 points. Second place always gets 15 points, and so on. The reasons:

I really doubt the places are going to change. We can go back over the last few weeks and test that out, though.

It makes scoring easier.

The perfect score for the evening would be 99 (16 points for each of six races, and an extra three if you set pole for each round). Makes it kind of cool to have a fixed max to compare your points to, and for your points to be consistent from week to week, division to division.

Hmm, I really like how the max number of points under this system would be 99 points. You can't get much closer to a perfect 100-point scale than that! Heck, I'll even throw out the suggestion that anyone who wins all three pole positions should get a "Triple Crown" bonus point! That would make a perfect night in S.N.A.I.L. a very symbolic 100 points!

It's almost as if this points system was destined for our league! What other league has three rounds of racing in one night with two races per round?!? Three rounds means three poles positions to compete for (3 x 1 = 3 points). Two races per round means six races total (6 x 16 = 96 points). Then throw in a "Triple Crown" bonus for anyone who wins pole position in all three rounds (1 point).

3 + 96 + 1 = 100 ..it's almost too perfect!

Anyways, that's my opinion on the idea.. What does everyone else think about this?

Latest Posts

Back