◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Well, tez and I are shuffling it up in Div 3 if anyone's interested.

That V12 BMW LMR was terrible....2 laps of Spa and the tyres were shot. Probably wasn't helped by me not being able to control it so it was pretty much always getting wheelspin, but still :lol:

I *think* you are not sarcastic, AP, but I am not a techie. No idea what it means.

At the bottom it gives you a grade of A+. It really deserves an A+. You have very low latency and fantastic throughput.

Vol Jbolaz
At the bottom it gives you a grade of A+. It really deserves an A+. You have very low latency and fantastic throughput.

Thanks! No idea what it means, but Good is what I hear. Good 'Nuff fer me!

I *think* you are not sarcastic, AP, but I am not a techie. No idea what it means.

While ordinarily I am extremely sarcastic, this is one time when I am not. Your speeds put mine to absolute shame.

💡 Lobby your Senators to make rural broadband a reality! :crazy:

Don't misunderstand me, I have no idea what that would entail.

Don't misunderstand me, I have no idea what that would entail.[/QUOTE]

"In the fine state of Vajenyah, it's called pork, son, and it's pulled from the tender bits.... this may sting a little bit.... heck, it's actually gonna hurt like h#*&%...."

1919445486.png

Download 42.53 Upload 30.74 Ping 10 ms

Any chance you can log into the D3 lounge early on Sunday night? I know I said dvdoughboy was the host for D3, but your connection puts his (and all of ours) to shame. Wow! :eek:

Any chance you can log into the D3 lounge early on Sunday night? I know I said dvdoughboy was the host for D3, but your connection puts his (and all of ours) to shame. Wow! :eek:

Let me confirm with the boss... er, wife.

SHould be OK

Uh... Verizon, Fios, one or two data points above the minimum (I think). Truthfully, I dunno.

Listen, there is a real reason my wife calls me her "expensive hobby."

Me = "Let's try this... no... that AND this... and some of those...." "Whoa! And that too!"

Her = Dinner with a famous african american former talk show hostess who runs a TV Network with the initial of her first name; flies all over the place, has big budgets at work and deals with well paid folks who act like they are in kindergarten.

In simpler terms, Beaver, my wife is Ward without the lame suit (and other equipment), and I'm June, minus the heels, the dress, the social decorum, cooking skills, or many other things. Plus a few others.

Heck - I'm entertainment for she who keeps me sheltered and fed. Works for us. As for a "bill" or the stuff that show that stuff, that's not in a drawer I'm permitted to open without adult supervision. :sly:

Uh... Verizon, Fios, one or two data points above the minimum (I think). Truthfully, I dunno.

I have 25/25, and it actually performs very close to that except for during peak times. I was also streaming netflix during that test, which speaks well.

I've been impressed with FiOS so far. The support is hot garbage, but the service itself is excellent.

I have a question about all this speedtest stuff.

I have a limited knowledge of what all the numbers mean, and understand just enough to be dangerous. But I just ran a test on the same laptop using a different web browser and got drastically different download speeds. The latency improved by a mere 6ms, and the upload speed was virtually unchanged. What is the reason for the different numbers, and how can they be useful in determining how well our PS3 units will communicate if they very by browser?

If it matters, The original numbers were with IE8, the improved numbers were with google chrome. I also tried it with mozilla firefox, and got results nearly identical to IE8.

I've been impressed with FiOS so far. The support is hot garbage, but the service itself is excellent.

Agreed. Once I got them to turn on the ethernet port on the network terminal outside my house and I was able to use my own router, it got much better. That Actiontec router is garbage.

Really, doing the network connection test (or whatever it's officially called) in the PS3 settings menu would probably get a person the most accurate results of what kind of speeds their PS3 is actually getting through their network. I know, for instance, that my download is a bit less on the PS3 than on speedtest.net but my upload and latency are at least as good.

Agreed. Once I got them to turn on the ethernet port on the network terminal outside my house and I was able to use my own router, it got much better. That Actiontec router is garbage.

Not sure if this is the exact link I used to do this or if I used a link for a Westell 6100 I had when on DSL with some tweaks but you can make the Actiontec piece of crap a bridge and use your own routers quite easily.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r17679150-Howto-make-ActionTec-MI424WR-a-network-bridge

I too have no complaints really about FiOS but I don't understand how they make you use these routers that can't even really handle NAT and then default them to WEP when the average user has no idea about wireless security. There are at least a dozen 5 character BSSID's near me (Actiontec "random" defaults) all using WEP and probably with the default admin password to the web management interface. Download aircrack and google an Actiontec wordlist and you're done.

Last edited:
dabneyd
So, is Diabolic Friday happening tonight?

If i remember correctly diabolic is going out of town. Not sure if he's gone or not but i assume so as there's not been any posts from him about tonight.

Back