◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Non snail related but wanted to fill you guys in on whats going on At work 650hp+ build in the works image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
The first GTR pic! :bowdown::embarrassed::drool:

Actually, there have been a few GT-R pics already.

From me, @KTR5

Had a room for the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 base model '13 at Indianapolis road course open for a while. Looks like fast lap times for us humans are in the 1:30.x range, so 6 laps would be in the 9:50-10:00 range after a slower starting lap, @Dragonwhisky.

And here are a few pictures for possible banner usage @Troggy.

View attachment 142499

I love this picture. Check out the awesome details; the track, the scoring tower, etc.
View attachment 142500

From a bit further down the track, a reverse look from the above picture.
View attachment 142501

I love your color combo @Oshawa-Joe, so I had to add this picture of us heading into turn 1.
View attachment 142502

From @Wolfsatz:

@Troggy
Banner Material

a few shots from last night practice. All colors to choose from.

From @Dragonwhisky

Toyota 2000GT '67 379PP/161HP

View attachment 142928
This was the only GT-R Nismo model I could find in the dealership, surprisingly, I already had one. Musta bought it when OwensRacing was testing cars for his Thursday series. Hope it's the right one.

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13 617PP/621HP

View attachment 142930
@zero5ive , the numbers I've shown here are after an engine rebuild and oil change and are what the rooms should be set to on Sunday night. No need for anyone to bother scratching your head. I do both, because I can.

I know most of the banner makers prefer cars in action, on the tracks they will be run at, but, these may be considered my submissions for a banner.

Geez...last night I got a taste of what D1 drivers are capable of. Earlier on Tuesday I had practiced the GTR/Indy combo and came out on top in the practice race. Last night, @K1utch @ptslopoke and @fastfox400 were in the room. Within just a few laps klutch had set a 1:28.2xx...I spent at least half an hour without being able to break 1:31.00. Still reeling.

At the same time though, it really makes me want to practice more...I feel like I could use some pointers from the quicker guys. I'm certain there's at least a corner or two where I'm not just losing the time on smoothness.

Geez...last night I got a taste of what D1 drivers are capable of. Earlier on Tuesday I had practiced the GTR/Indy combo and came out on top in the practice race. Last night, @K1utch @ptslopoke and @fastfox400 were in the room. Within just a few laps klutch had set a 1:28.2xx...I spent at least half an hour without being able to break 1:31.00. Still reeling.

At the same time though, it really makes me want to practice more...I feel like I could use some pointers from the quicker guys. I'm certain there's at least a corner or two where I'm not just losing the time on smoothness.
Yeah those D1 guys really keep your ego in check. They have a lot that they can teach us.

We had a great practice room going last night, I wish I could have stayed for longer.

Yeah those D1 guys really keep your ego in check. They have a lot that they can teach us.

We had a great practice room going last night, I wish I could have stayed for longer.

By the way @intoflatlines, it was fun racing with you last night. I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep up. Turns out that was almost true, lol. I think I learned more from you than the D1 guys - mostly because I could actually keep you on the horizon. Can't learn to0 much with a 10 second gap (which only take about 2-3 laps with them).

It's "accepted". But like @JLBowler said, only because the game won't let us enforce a policy. My personal opinion is that it's frowned upon, and some others agree (some disagree).

Regarding chassis reinforcement... No matter how anyone tries to spin it, the fact is that it is modifying/tuning the performance and ability of the actual car. It's just that the game does not categorize it under their category of "tuning", so it's "accepted".

People probably joined SNAIL in a large part to participate in racing where the only variable is driver skill, right? To eliminate variables like modification and tuning skill? So then why would anyone think that increasing the chassis rigidity is OK? Sure, it's available for anyone to add or not. But the very fact that some people add this modification and some don't means that people are driving different cars in terms of performance. It's still tuning!

Just my 2 cents. Some SNAILS agree with me, some disagree. It may rub a few people the wrong way, but I can handle it. :cheers:
I agree with the chassis reinforcement being considered tuning, and was only really concerned with brake bias. I dont want to be running anything on the car that the rest of the division isnt. :cheers:

By the way @intoflatlines, it was fun racing with you last night. I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep up. Turns out that was almost true, lol. I think I learned more from you than the D1 guys - mostly because I could actually keep you on the horizon. Can't learn to0 much with a 10 second gap (which only take about 2-3 laps with them).
Yeah we had some intense battles last night! It really helped me as well because I was able to work on some of my defensive driving while you were putting on the pressure. I'm still bummed that we made contact at turn 2 at Apricot. That was shaping up to be a great battle!

I am new, and yet to submit my time trials. I suspect I will be in Div 8. I was reading on the order or preference for drivers that get to race should the room fill up. My question is what is the capacity, and do you regularly have to turn drivers away on Sunday nights from a room like Div 8?

I don't know that since we have started classifying drivers as full and part time, that we've seen an overflowing room. Even if we had, there are measures in place to get everyone into a room on Sunday. @JLBowler will be the one to ask for sure, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone left out of racing due to high attendance.

The Driver List has been updated.

I'm home for a day!:cheers:

Before I go buy some beer and start cleaning up the yards, I'm going to get some laps in. Join if you around. I need some tips.

Three weeks in a row and I'm still part-time? Can I also get my two years stars?

I am new, and yet to submit my time trials. I suspect I will be in Div 8. I was reading on the order or preference for drivers that get to race should the room fill up. My question is what is the capacity, and do you regularly have to turn drivers away on Sunday nights from a room like Div 8?
If in fact you are assigned D8, no worries, there's plenty of room.

Also, send a PSN friend request to either @wvhellbilly or myself ( @shark8ii ). It'll make getting in the room easier.

Last edited:
Guys- looking for advice - is there any way to make my GTP and PSN names match? I'd prefer to change my PSN name, but I don't know what problems it will cause. I definitely want to get it done before Monday... is it even possible and what consequences could there be?

Guys- looking for advice - is there any way to make my GTP and PSN names match? I'd prefer to change my PSN name, but I don't know what problems it will cause. I definitely want to get it done before Monday... is it even possible and what consequences could there be?

I don't think there is any way to change your PSN ID. And the only way to change your GTP ID is to be a premium member (or beg an admin).

I too wanted to change mine after getting into SNAIL, but just left them as is, for now at least.

Back