◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,697 comments
Not sure if this was addressed, about 10 pages between then and now, however. I won't be looking at all that. I have no idea about this. I did not set up the anniversary doc.

I know you didn't. I tagged you because no one but you can edit your post.

What anniversary doc are we talking about here? I'm not familiar :confused:

EDIT: This tab of the Driver Information Sheet has everyone's S.N.A.I.L. Birthday (the night of your first race in S.N.A.I.L.)

SNAIL Color and Number Chart

This post contains the rules governing color and number choice and instructions on requesting a choice.​

While choosing a color and number combo is not required, we ask that all of our races to do so. This is done for a number of reasons. From easier driver identification to adding uniqueness in a spec race series. Here are a couple of rules, tips and instructions on submitting your choice.

The rules:
  1. The driver with a greater number of races participated in has seniority over a racer with less, giving them rights to a particular color/number.
    Tip: Have another color in mind just in case.
  2. Any color and any combo is allowed, so long as it does not match or present a hard distinction from another driver in your division.
    Tip: Look at the divisions above and below, if you or another who is looking to be promoted and they hold seniority, be prepared to switch colors.
  3. Please try not to duplicate numbers with another racer across the series.
  4. Please, enter a paint chip and not a general color. (IE, WC Mica Blue, as opposed to Blue) This will insure that we get the maximum amount of use of hues in any given color.

Instructions:
  1. Read the current Color/Number Chart first!
  2. First decide on a body and rim color combo.
  3. Next click HERE and fill out the form
  4. To find when your SNAIL start date. Column Y "SNAIL birth date"

The most current lists:
Sorted by Division

If you are in a different division than what is currently listed, it would be helpful to submit a new form, even if you don't change your color or number.

Special thanks to @Rallywagon for being the previous Color / Number Coordinator.

Links have been updated.

Last edited:
S.N.A.I.L. Color and Number Chart
This post contains the rules governing color and number choice and instructions on requesting a choice.​

While choosing a color and number combo is not required, we ask that all of our races to do so. This is done for a number of reasons. From easier driver identification to adding uniqueness in a spec race series. Here are a couple of rules, tips and instructions on submitting your choice.

The rules:
  1. The driver with a greater number of races participated in has seniority over a racer with less, giving them rights to a particular color/number.
    Tip: Have another color in mind just in case.
  2. Any color and any combo is allowed, so long as it does not match or present a hard distinction from another driver in your division.
    Tip: Look at the divisions above and below, if you or another who is looking to be promoted and they hold seniority, be prepared to switch colors.
  3. Please try not to duplicate numbers with another racer across the series.
  4. Please, enter a paint chip and not a general color. (IE, WC Mica Blue, as opposed to Blue) This will insure that we get the maxiumum amount of use of hues in any given color.

Instructions:
  1. Read the current Color/Number Chart first!
  2. First decide on a body and rim color combo.
  3. Next click HERE and fill out the form
  4. To find when your SNAIL start date, click here. Column T "SNAIL birth date"

The most current lists:
Sorted by Division
Sorted by Number
Sorted by GTP_ID

If you are in a different division than what is currently listed, it would be helpful to submit a new form, even if you don't change your color or number.

Copy/paste from @Rallywagon's original post. Changes to be made soon.

If you use this link for the S.N.A.I.L. Birthdate, it'll be easier for anyone to find it out. The link takes you directly to the S.N.A.I.L. Driver Information - New spreadsheet and on the Driver Information tab 👍

Link is : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lmeUE1X1FMLTdiekxwdnhNNXc&usp=drive_web#gid=1

EDIT: I see you did that already, my bad 👍

Turning laps on all combos before practice, if anyone wants to join in just drop by.

1472-6399-8665-9410-5985

Jump on in @Michelin, have some fun

I'll be joining in a few minutes, gotta paint the cars and put the number on them. :lol: Was eating dinner.

THE PRACTICE ROOMS ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN !
If you are assigned to D1, D2, D3, or D4 please join, with your best racecraft, the BLUE ROOM:
1472 6399 9009 5385 4484

If you are assigned to D5, D6, D7, or D8 please join, with your best racecraft, the RED ROOM:
1472 6399 9009 5385 4582

Additionally, if you want to focus in your Race craft instead of speed, the Yellow Room will be following the same format with the addition of Competition Yellows at least once during the race depending on the number of laps. Room is focused to run in a pack and improve Race Craft.

YELLOW ROOM:
DUE TO AN UNEXPECTED SHORTAGE OF YELLOW FLAGS FROM OUR SUPPLIER THE YELLOW ROOM WILL NOT BE OPENED TONIGHT!

Sunday April 20th Lineup
Sunday April 13th UnOfficial Results

Photo by @RobbiefromBC

apricot-hill-raceway-jpg.143056

Photo by @Dragonwhisky
syracuse-night-jpg.142928

Photo by @KTR5
indianapolis-road-course-jpg.142499

Photo by@Wolfsatz

Hey Guys, I had fun practicing with you guys in the Red Room. I must admit that I was getting very frustrated with myself. I can see that I have a lot of work to do in preparation for a real race. I just about gave up in disgust, to be honest. But then I thought I would try switching to manual transmission, and wow, what a difference in my offline practice lap times. I shave 9 seconds off of my best lap on Apricot! I also felt more in control of my ride when cornering.

I am definitely not going to give up. I will keep practicing and see where this league takes me. Thanks again.

Hey Guys, I had fun practicing with you guys in the Red Room. I must admit that I was getting very frustrated with myself. I can see that I have a lot of work to do in preparation for a real race. I just about gave up in disgust, to be honest. But then I thought I would try switching to manual transmission, and wow, what a difference in my offline practice lap times. I shave 9 seconds off of my best lap on Apricot! I also felt more in control of my ride when cornering.

I am definitely not going to give up. I will keep practicing and see where this league takes me. Thanks again.

If you want man, tommorow and Saturday if you have time send me a friend request aliengamerx25, and ill try to help you out the best I can for Sunday.

If you want man, tommorow and Saturday if you have time send me a friend request aliengamerx25, and ill try to help you out the best I can for Sunday.

I would love that, but this weekend is not good as it is Easter, and my wife and kids would conspire to kill me! I think I will practice a bit offline on the tracks in use and try my best this Sunday.

Edit: I will definitely send you a friend request.

I would love that, but this weekend is not good as it is Easter, and my wife and kids would conspire to kill me! I think I will practice a bit offline on the tracks in use and try my best this Sunday.

Okey dokey well send me a request anyway, if anything I can help you prepare for next Sunday during this week. Even if its just showing you some lines and such on tracks, try to speed you up a bit.

@Defjon,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Thanks! I'll get it all done asap. Probably wont make this next race though.
@wvhellbilly mentioned a west coast division? Anything special i need or someone to contact to get into that? Also, what times are the usual for the West Coast Div?

So, the GTR should be rather interesting come raceday... I find it to be a little more violent than the Diablo, and much bigger. The 'Yota is a blast! Love that car, and it's premium! I can actually see the dashboard! As for the Miata, it still puts a smile on my face 3 weeks later... Got down to a 57:302 in practice today, determined to hit the 57:2's before raceday!

So, the GTR should be rather interesting come raceday... I find it to be a little more violent than the Diablo, and much bigger. The 'Yota is a blast! Love that car, and it's premium! I can actually see the dashboard! As for the Miata, it still puts a smile on my face 3 weeks later... Got down to a 57:302 in practice today, determined to hit the 57:2's before raceday!

That GTR will be fun with a full grid lol

I agree with the GT-R being violent, but I've had one for a long time, so I have tamed it.

What I meant by "tamed" is that I have learned the power delivery, I learned how much throttle I give it in through 1-3 so I don't spin out so easily.

Really fun racing tonight with you fellas! Slopoke, we had some extra fun :)

You guys all really helped me to stay focused (other than that eh hem, "moment" at Apricot in the 2000GT) and aided in setting consistent times. Can it be time for the next stint already please?!?!?!?

Cheers,

Don

Thanks! I'll get it all done asap. Probably wont make this next race though.
@wvhellbilly mentioned a west coast division? Anything special i need or someone to contact to get into that? Also, what times are the usual for the West Coast Div?
When you submit you time trial choose the west coast division if you want to run at 9:00 pacific time. We have a good bunch of drivers and would love to have you join us.

When you submit you time trial choose the west coast division if you want to run at 9:00 pacific time. We have a good bunch of drivers and would love to have you join us.

Just did that but unfortunately i usually work 6PM-12AM, especially on weekends... Shoot i'm pretty sure i just joined a league i might be able to race in once in a blue moon.

I noticed last night that you didn't change your oil when you bought your car. It adds an extra 8hp. You left the room before I had a chance to say anything.

I noticed last night that you didn't change your oil when you bought your car. It adds an extra 8hp. You left the room before I had a chance to say anything.

I will try that immediately prior to Sunday. Thanks!

Wait, how can you tell when someone has changed their oil?

Back