◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,783 comments
For me to bring up the RA functions that don't work online at all (it actually used to), I hit the R3 button and use the D-pad to mess with the settings.

@Wolfsatz You can put the text in your siggy, but not the picture, Jordan hates pics in siggys.

Introducing the GranStand.
The GranStand racing stand system is fully modular, allowing for customization beyond the efforts of many others on the market. This also allows for selection of a model that fits not only your needs, but your budget as well, and always allows for additional modules.

The GranStand Challenge III Points have been updated with the races run on April 13th. If you find something amiss with your points, let me know asap, thanks!​

>>> GrandStand Challenge III Point Standings <<<

Don't forget your exclusive S.N.A.I.L. discount on all GranStand products!

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to drop a line and reassure everyone that the GranStand has been engineered for optimal brake balance and chassis rigidity, so you don't have to fret about adjusting it...

Bill

p.s. Sorry for the bad joke, just thought we could all use something to lighten the mood...

Hey Guys, I have the chance to buy this wheel for 150 bucks. Do you guys think it is worth it? Is this is a good wheel? They say it is Thrustmaster, and i know that is a good name.

Attachments

• wheel.JPG
    wheel.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 8
  • wheel002.JPG
    wheel002.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 7
@GranStand Bill I just want you to know that I am very interested in one of those, but I'm going to wait until the end of the month (mid-way into May at the most) before I do anything.

@malachi666 Looking into that, I have read some positive reviews for it, so I guess it's good.

Hey Guys, I have the chance to buy this wheel for 150 bucks. Do you guys think it is worth it? Is this is a good wheel? They say it is Thrustmaster, and i know that is a good name.

I personally didn't like it, but I am used to the T500RS and my prior was a G27 - both of which are a much better wheel. I am fairly sure you can source used/refurbished G27s for that price range. New ones are around $200 ..

On sale right now for $187.95
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G27-Racing-Wheel
If you are planning on investing in a wheel the G27 is by far the best you can get for under $200 All the other wheels don't really compare
. I started with a Logitech Momo and went through all of them up to the G27 and it's a world apart. I'm not ever going to be a good enough driver to justify the really high end Thrustmaster stuff. But I do know that most of the cheaper wheels feel like toys where the G27 feels like equipment.

but is refurbished trustworthy? With shipping and import to Canada is a little cheaper than new. Thanks though.

Yes they are trustworthy, they are refurbished by the manufacturer and have guarantees to work. I had one and worked fine until I "ham fisted" the wheel is a multiple correction moment and sheered the steering wheel off the steering column. That hurt, literally, not metaphorically.

Perhaps PD allows brake balance to be adjusted in tuning prohibited rooms is because that's easier than setting the brake balance correctly in all the cars in the game. Granted most of us like a more aggressive rear bias that helps rotate the car...but there are clearly some cars that the bias is just unrealistic and borderline undriveable.

One of these days I wouldn't mind having a Nürburgring photoshoot... Most of the photo's from my GT5 album came out pretty good, surprised myself with how crisp and clean they came out!

Back