◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,681 comments
As to practicing, there was an old post about how the lounges should be used, during the week, if you are doing something in the Sunday night cars, the D1 lounge is reserved for that. So please, use it. If you want to practice for one of the other weekly events, then use the D3 lounge (as most events are held in the D2 lounge).

I think that was the way it was supposed to go.

The post you're referring to is this one. It's also linked at the bottom of the weekly schedule (which is linked a couple of time on the the original post).

I haven't been sending new members FR's from all three divisions lately, so if anyone wants to participate in a particular event, please send an FR to the appropriate account. For example, if you want to enjoy Magic Lap Racing tonight, then you'd need to send an FR to the SNAIL_Division 3 account.

Back to the question at hand.. All practice-related events are supposed to occur on the D1 lounge.

Last edited:
...if you want to enjoy Magic Lap Racing tonight, then you'd need to send an FR to the SNAIL_Division 3 account.
Division 3 or 2? I assumed it was 2 since, although it's less official, it's still expected to be clean racing.

Not for things like Cat and Mouse, which is specifically designed to be dirty. That's why I assumed he said Magic Lap was in D3, because it's somewhat similar to Cat and Mouse in that it's just for fun and not particularly serious. However, since it is still supposed to be clean, I think D2 would make more sense.

This is all based on the described uses of each room for events not on Sunday. I can see it going either way, as the description for D3 when I got the friend request said it was used for "racing games" like Cat and Mouse, and I can see Magic Lap falling into that category.

Had a couple great practice runs in the Lambo today.

Thanks to CuthulhuGoat and ADR-Bronco, and no_bull_racin97, who came in for an hour.

Just spent another hour with AKJ-Vail on those pesky braking points and where to shift. I really, really wish I could go back to when I loaded up GT5 and just started with a wheel, manual transmission, and aids off.

I see some improvement in my times. They're going down a little bit, but they're getting way, way, way more consistent. A lot fewer wipeouts, blown corners, and general messiness. Thanks for the suggestions and the company.

Not for things like Cat and Mouse, which is specifically designed to be dirty. That's why I assumed he said Magic Lap was in D3, because it's somewhat similar to Cat and Mouse in that it's just for fun and not particularly serious. However, since it is still supposed to be clean, I think D2 would make more sense.

This is all based on the described uses of each room for events not on Sunday. I can see it going either way, as the description for D3 when I got the friend request said it was used for "racing games" like Cat and Mouse, and I can see Magic Lap falling into that category.

Sorry, for some reason I thought you had requested that it take place in the D3 lounge. My bad. That being said, I'd actually prefer it be in the D3 lounge. Therefore, I've changed the description of the Divisional Lounge System and removed the word "dirty" to describe events in the D3 lounge. Let me know if this is acceptable to you.

Sorry, for some reason I thought you had requested that it take place in the D3 lounge. My bad. That being said, I'd actually prefer it be in the D3 lounge. Therefore, I've changed the description of the Divisional Lounge System and removed the word "dirty" to describe events in the D3 lounge. Let me know if this is acceptable to you.
That's fine. Like I said, I could see it being either way.

So for clarity, MAGIC LAP will be held in the Division 3 Lounge at 9PM EDT. I'll make an announcement when it's about to start.

Time for me to edit the banner. ;)

Last edited:
Haha, no worries. It's literally just a matter of changing a 2 to a 3 and re-uploading the image. You may have noticed I did it once today already.

Speaking of which, do you think it's a bad idea to start Magic Lap at 9 instead of 10? I wanted to give enough time for plenty of racing, but I'm a little concerned that it would get confusing considering everything else starts at 10. Depending on how well things go tonight, I might change it back to 10 just for consistency. It seemed last time that we had plenty of time for racing when everyone was more prepared.

EDIT: Time to race!

nxOAN.jpg

47882d1341471788-sergio-pininfarina-dies-aged-pf.jpg

Theme: In honor of Sergio Pininfarina - We recently lost a man whose influence on the world of cars was immeasurable. Most notably, Sergio's designs became the basis of Ferrari's image, creating the brand we all know so well today. There are many designs created both by the Pininfarina company and Sergio himself, but unfortunately there aren't many in GT5. If you want to honor Sergio's designs specifically, try the Peugeot 406 of Ferrari F40. Otherwise, try any of the other Pininfarina designs below to see the impact he made on the car world as a whole.

Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Car Restriction: Choose from the following:
Designs by Sergio Pininfarina:
Ferrari F40 '92
Peugeot coupé 406 3.0 V6 '98

Designs he contributed to:

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
Ferrari 458 Italia '09

Designs he probably oversaw:
Ferrari 599 '06
Ferrari F430 '06
Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01

Last edited:
Haha, no worries. It's literally just a matter of changing a 2 to a 3 and re-uploading the image. You may have noticed I did it once today already.

Speaking of which, do you think it's a bad idea to start Magic Lap at 9 instead of 10? I wanted to give enough time for plenty of racing, but I'm a little concerned that it would get confusing considering everything else starts at 10. Depending on how well things go tonight, I might change it back to 10 just for consistency. It seemed last time that we had plenty of time for racing when everyone was more prepared.

For consistency's sake, I would prefer it start at 10pm Eastern. However, it's your event so you make the call. 👍

I'll be able to join at 10pm, but I'll be sure to have a lap time for you before I join so as not to force everyone else to wait for me to set a lap time.

EDIT: Just to be clear, Magic Lap Racing starts right now and is taking place in the D3 lounge. Please send an friend request to the SNAIL_Division3 account if you don't already have access to that lounge.

I'll definitely be starting at 10 from now on. In fact, nobody's shown up yet, and I have a feeling we won't be getting anyone until 10 anyway.

That said, anyone who's interested but hasn't had a chance to prepare, feel free to join now and run some laps until 10 when the racing will probably start.

Not sure what just happened. I had a connection issue and when I got back everyone but seth was gone, and seth isn't responding. Did everyone leave for the night or was it just a connection issue?

Thanks. :)
Im looking forward to it gonna be a lot of fun cant wait. 👍

I look forward to every Sunday night, but this time there's even more anticipation on my part. We'll be expanding to four divisions for Sunday night's races so it'll definitely be a milestone for the league. :)

SNAILs,
We'll be announcing everyone's new divisional assignments later today so please be sure to look for an updated driver list to be posted. We're just waiting on a couple new members to submit their time trial times so that we can use that data to assign them to the division that will most likely produce the closest racing possible for them and everyone else in their division.
👍

Gonna try to get some more practice in later today in D1. I'll post when I'm online.

Bowler, thanks for the paint chips. How were you able to send 4 at once?

esh
Gonna try to get some more practice in later today in D1. I'll post when I'm online.

Bowler, thanks for the paint chips. How were you able to send 4 at once?

I "believe" you can send 5 or 10 chips to people. And 5 car "parts" aswell (tires, turbo's, tran's, ect) along with the Museum cards.

I "believe" you can send 5 or 10 chips to people. And 5 car "parts" aswell (tires, turbo's, tran's, ect) along with the Museum cards.

The daily limit for paints chips is 5. I'm not sure about parts or museum cars since I've never tried to send those before.

You're welcome Esh. It's five per day per PS3. If anyone else is in need of paint, let me know and I can probably help you out.

Gonna by a bunch of RS6's and LFA'S and swap email between accounts for a while.

Also, hopping in D1 lounge for a bit.

Back