◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Joe, not trying to pick a fight here, and while I do agree with some of this, it's also a bit of a dick thing to say...borderline Luv2Coach, man. Don't call a guy a puppet, after he works tirelessly (and apparently from his bed) to keep things going.

I can call a spade a spade. Am I dick for it? Probably. But zero and I have never really seen eye to eye on anything. If he calls it resentment then I want to show him where my opinions stem from.

I have no problem calling any of these "Leaders" out on anything. Most people who agree with me don't really want to say anything publicly for "fear" of being lambasted. I've been through all that...so I really don't mind being drug through the public opinion ringer. People who really know me through racing and online racing chat really know what kind of guy I am.

I don't need my "like" button to be checked as that would associate someone with me. Calling me a "Coach" is a bit off I'd say. I never drove purposefully like a douche and then tried to blame it on everyone else.

I don't mind being the dick...just on my own merits ;)

I don't care when the last time Bernie took a corner...

While much of what you say is true, my comments still stand as true at the core.

PS...chiochan...you take that back! :)

Last edited:
S.N.A.I.L. Driver Anniversary Announcement

Please join my in congratulating our newest entrant into the S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club​

@pyxen

Thank you for racing with and contributing to S.N.A.I.L.

:cheers:

Thanks kcheeb!

I can support that Joe... I think honesty and frank opinions are important. I'll retract the Coach comparison.. Definitely didn't mean it in the driving sense.

For the record, regardless of how good someone is at a game, or what their position is in league mgmt, I too have no problem calling them out if I think something warrants it...

Is there any chance I could join this league? My skill is just beginner so I'm not real good at all but I try. My psn I'd is speer9892007
@speer9892003,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I'd like to join tonight.
My PSN ID is MerlinRPM

Please let me know if you need anything else.
@MerlinRPM,
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

It's all good Pyxen. we've never had issues before. I know it seems ridiculous for me to even be posting here because I haven't driven on Sunday much since they changed the start time...but I still at least buy the cars and have aspirations that something will happen on race night allowing me to participate one day.

I've had public issues with a couple of high profile people here. But I don't have a reputation to tarnish by doing so. So I don't really mind throwing it out there when some of these old debates pop up ;)

I'd like to join your league if there's room for me .. I'm not the fastest, that's for sure , so putting me near the back would prolly be best . Thanks
@USERID_77a23,

Last edited:
I'd like to join your league if there's room for me .. I'm not the fastest, that's for sure , so putting me near the back would prolly be best . Thanks
I've run with UserID in some other rooms before...although he may not remember it. But he's a damn good driver and would be an asset to SNAIL.

I am at a total loss right now. I want to jump in but I see no point, it's the internet right. Everyone can do and say anything they want, regardless of whether it's germane to the discussion, furthers their point, refutes the debatee's point or makes them look 'BIG'.

The decisions made were always in the interest of furthering S.N.A.I.L. Take a look around, are we further, 🤬 yeah.

Just 🤬 wow. :shakes head:

I would like to join in this league, my good friend X3NO-ASX recommended it to me, and would love to meet new people to play GT6 online with. I do work a part-time job, and have eye surgery upcoming on the 9th of January. Once I'm healed up after a week or so, I'd like to try out. PSN is silent_killer59

Just remembered I got an invite from SNAIL_SpecRacing, sorry it took me so long to reply.

In a nutshell, I believe having penalties off is going to have more unintended negative effects on the close, as well as the clean goals. The only upside I see is that it may reign in the over aggressive bump'n run pass that took advantage of ghosting. The number of racers who get collected into The Big One will increase, this will spread out the field and have a bigger difference in finishing times.

As for the trope that any division - D1 included - is inherently more into good racecraft, baloney. I can't recall ever getting an OB penalty when I wasn't pushing tires to the edges and beyond of what was allowed. The Penalty, one I learned before a race or during qualifying taught me not to do that again and not repeat it.

I think Penalties On, All Divisions is what I support the most.

As for Zer05ive, I think his "participation" on/off the racing grid is pretty clearly HUGE. Everyone has real life balances, some with jobs, wife, kids, and I feel he does a good job balancing his real and virtual time to make it work for him. I can't criticize someone for not racing as much as he may wish when he spends his time running a league that allows so many drivers to race in an organized fashion.

I would like to join in this league, my good friend X3NO-ASX recommended it to me, and would love to meet new people to play GT6 online with. I do work a part-time job, and have eye surgery upcoming on the 9th of January. Once I'm healed up after a week or so, I'd like to try out. PSN is silent_killer59

Just remembered I got an invite from SNAIL_SpecRacing, sorry it took me so long to reply.
@socomkiller59,

I don't need my "like" button to be checked as that would associate someone with me. Calling me a "Coach" is a bit off I'd say. I never drove purposefully like a douche and then tried to blame it on everyone else.

...:)

Now you have 59 Likes. :D

For the record, after thinking about this, I'm in agreement that D1 should be the only division without penalties; mostly because it probably does help the top half of D1 prepare for the Finals. I can't think of any other good reason as to why it should be different from the other divisions, which should definitely remain with penalties on.

I also believe zer0 has earned the right to be respected due to all the hard work and dedication. He is the founder after all, isn't he?

Last edited:
As for the trope that any division - D1 included - is inherently more into good racecraft, baloney. I can't recall ever getting an OB penalty when I wasn't pushing tires to the edges and beyond of what was allowed. The Penalty, one I learned before a race or during qualifying taught me not to do that again and not repeat it.

See I think its a small distinction that matters... "Into" and ability are two different things... The D1 racecraft is definitely better... They are more consistent, precise, and faster at execution. No one in D3 to D6 can keep up over the course of a long race...they will lose it eventually.

I would like to Join,
PSN ID= vincentq4

Thank you
@varga,

Skills is earning enough shells he may be able to leave his day job soon.

I strongly believe having penalties on helps avoid major accidents, at times. I also think we can agree that the top half of D1 have incredible car control and are involved in very few accidents. The further down from that group of drivers we go, the more likely we are to have guys (like me) lose control and ruin someone else's race, unless ghosting helps prevent contact.

The short cutting thing I'm less concerned about. This isn't open lobby. Well, it is, but you know what I'm saying.

Last edited:
I'm not saying he doesn't put the time in or isn't respected. I just think his decision making history follows almost exactly a course placating certain people.

Think you might have misread or misinterpreted my comments. I'm not for no penalties, in any division. Even as bad as it is, there is no other way for us to "Enforce" track boundaries. After the fact "encouragement/discouragement", which is what all man made laws operate with, is just that. Well after the fact. I much prefer the immediate re-action the in game system uses, when it senses a boundary violation, of making us all curse and get all pissy about how crappy that system is. The offending party knows exactly what they did and why their car is now putting along and all their competition is passing them by, some snickering at the misfortune while others are praying they don't make the same mistake next time through.
If there is no flexibility for turning them back on for D1 then my vote would be to turn them off for everyone. I still don't care either way, I just want to see consistency across the board.
If I'm to weigh in I say that the penalties should be off for everyone. They are arbitrary, inconsistent, and I don't think they help anyone improve racecraft.
As I said before, turning penalties off across all divisions is certainly an option on the table. As we discussed at length last year, one of the biggest downsides of doing so was that requirement to watch closer for shortcutting. That is not a burden that I wanted the stewards to have. However, it seems that there's a sizable amount of support from the stewards to turn penalties off across all divisions.

I just didn't see a reply to it, so not sure what your thoughts were on my reply to those three questions. To add to my email, I think it'd be a good idea to make an official WC division post (preferably a TOTPP) so that I can link it in the first paragraph of the OP. I currently have my initial announcement linked, but I don't think that's good enough. If you have your own post linked there, you could update it to better advertise (new graphic) and manage the division. For example, linking to a google doc with results and also including a WC driver list. 👍

Zer0,

I just replied to your email. I pretty much agreed with everything you said.

I am a little confused as to why there should be a separate West coast Driver list and spreadsheet. If this is a new division of SNAIL running the same lineup with points counting towards the monthly prizes (buttkicker/gran stand) why are we not going to be included in the existing driver list and results spreadsheet? If we are not a new division of SNAIL then why would we not just run our own lineup? I really feel that if the West Coast division is going to work it needs to be fully integrated into the existing Sunday format. I also feel that saying it is not for existing drivers does not help. Why should an existing driver not be able to choose the time slot that works best for them? We seem to be getting new drivers at a rapid pace and why would they choose to race in a casual series instead of the official series? Otherwise I might as well just be starting a new SNAIL event.

Also I can still not earn shells. I assume this has something to do with not being in a division that is on the spreadsheet.

I don't always agree with @zer05ive but I believe he has a goal of making the league better.

I do not agree that he makes changes solely to kowtow to anyone or a minority.

As I said before, turning penalties off across all divisions is certainly an option on the table. As we discussed at length last year, one of the biggest downsides of doing so was that requirement to watch closer for shortcutting. That is not a burden that I wanted the stewards to have. However, it seems that there's a sizable amount of support from the stewards to turn penalties off across all divisions.

So can we try it tonight, or next week, and see how it goes ?

Hi, i'll like to join SNAILS. My drift team mate Fastfox referred me to this league.
@Saisoku,

Back