◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Dec 22 2013
Penalty Rate 45%
Banner by dabneyd

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, and wumpushunter for their reviews this week
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

The Incident Review Sheet should now be available to all SNAILs.​

S.N.A.I.L. November - December Challenge - presented by ButtKicker

>>> ButtKicker 4D Sports Challenge Point Standings <<<

Thank you Stewards for getting the Incident Reviews done. Awesome work, in a trying time 👍

The ButtKicker 4D Sports Challenge points are now up to date for the races held December 22nd.

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

Information on discounted Buttkicker products here.

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s and a 15% Discount to members of Team S.N.A.I.L.

Allen Berg Racing Schools is offering a 50% discount on their Adventure Program to S.N.A.I.L.s until Wednesday December 4th. See here for more info.

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

Last edited:
1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Dec 22 2013
Penalty Rate 45%
Banner by dabneyd

Division 1 - 6 incidents on file
hillracing
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 7 points doubled to 14 for probation violation. 4 weeks probation remain.
GCarneiroBR
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 5 points. 2 Weeks Probation
fizzer82
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points. 1 Week Probation
Mighty_mopar
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points. 1 Week Probation
Division 5 - 1 incident on file
Fabricio98
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 9 points. 3 Weeks Probation

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, and wumpushunter for their reviews this week
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

The Incident Review Sheet should now be available to all SNAILs.​

I have updated the probation sheet as well. Two weeks in a row it's done on time. That has to be a record for me. :D

Been racing in different lobbies all day with "real" draft settings and I must say I'm not a fan of it at all. You either have to wreck the guy or he has to make a major mistake in order to pass, and once you pass it's a good chance that whoever is next in front of you has gotten away. No chance at racing. Just follow the leader.

Attention S.N.A.I.L.s

Due to the growth in our numbers, we may be going to 6 divisions tomorrow. I've already done the preliminary work, so it wouldn't take much to pull the trigger if we have to. And it's really a dry run for me for the January season ;)

I'd really prefer not to as we're pretty much set for the end of the season. But, if we get a couple of more time trials, we may be forced to.

I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware, just in case we were forced to split again.

As @zer05ive would say, nice problem to have 👍

See you on the grid tomorrow!​

Attention S.N.A.I.L.s

Due to the growth in our numbers, we may be going to 6 divisions tomorrow. I've already done the preliminary work, so it wouldn't take much to pull the trigger if we have to. And it's really a dry run for me for the January season ;)

I'd really prefer not to as we're pretty much set for the end of the season. But, if we get a couple of more time trials, we may be forced to.

I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware, just in case we were forced to split again.

As @zer05ive would say, nice problem to have 👍

See you on the grid tomorrow!​
im working on a buddy to join. A few of us at the local disc golf club were going to plan weekly races, but i say we are better off joining SNAIL due to our schedules,

Lets for div 7!!! :)

I would make a suggestion- have a div for new people and use that div to bring people into the leagues. i dont know how accurate the test lap is, on mine i had something set wrong and it produced a better lap then SNAIL reality would have. What im wondering if new people get shuffled into the low div's and end up racing in a div they are to strong for at the start. if not nevermind its all good. :)

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up im going to be out for a couple weeks due to hardware failure in my ps3. Sony says its my laser going out due to it shutting off while playing disc based games. Gonna try and get a new system in the next couple weeks when I get paid.

I hear that GT6 is on sale for $40 at GameStop and Amazon and some people are even getting the anniversary edition packs. Seems like a giant "**** you" to those of us that preordered or bought the game as soon as it came out.

When I went to Game Stop to pick up my copy (preordered) the guy reached into a cabinent with a bunch of then and just pulled one out. Since I was the ONLY one there when it opened to get my copy, definitely figured most of those were for sale at anytime. So yeah, people got the 15th anniv edition well after the release date.

just a heads up Rolly21581 has a double entry in the standings, i say add both up and i get 12 pts hahahaha jk

Thanks will fix that up 👍

im working on a buddy to join. A few of us at the local disc golf club were going to plan weekly races, but i say we are better off joining SNAIL due to our schedules,

I would make a suggestion- have a div for new people and use that div to bring people into the leagues. i dont know how accurate the test lap is, on mine i had something set wrong and it produced a better lap then SNAIL reality would have. What im wondering if new people get shuffled into the low div's and end up racing in a div they are to strong for at the start. if not nevermind its all good. :)

The time trials have been pretty good at placing people in the correct division. There have been cases where people were in the wrong division to begin with. But we're much more sensitive to the anomolies now and react quicker than we used to.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up im going to be out for a couple weeks due to hardware failure in my ps3. Sony says its my laser going out due to it shutting off while playing disc based games. Gonna try and get a new system in the next couple weeks when I get paid.

Have you checked for a local guy that can fix it? Might be cheaper. Either way hurry back 👍

I have been dreading this post all day... I will not be making the grid tomorrow night. :grumpy: :grumpy: One of the many wonders of living in a resort town is every year a bunch of yayhoos come up here to play around and garf up our bandwidth. My current speeds are less than 2 down and 1 up with ping rates reaching well past the 200s. I can't in good conscience try to race. PSN/GT6 have been hinky enough without me monking up the works. The "tourons" will be gone by next week and I will be back in action.

6 divisions!! F*@#(@G WOW!!

...and thanks everyone. :cheers:

I have been dreading this post all day... I will not be making the grid tomorrow night. :grumpy: :grumpy: One of the many wonders of living in a resort town is every year a bunch of yayhoos come up here to play around and garf up our bandwidth. My current speeds are less than 2 down and 1 up with ping rates reaching well past the 200s. I can't in good conscience try to race. PSN/GT6 have been hinky enough without me monking up the works. The "tourons" will be gone by next week and I will be back in action.

Sorry for the downer news, Exo, esp after the great Pit Board this week. Hope you make it back for your regular slot.

i feel your pain. i grew up beside Blue Mountain-before Al gore invented the internet-but i know the headaches of the tourist

Hey Everyone, I've got some pretty exciting news! We're going to be testing out a "late night" aka "west coast" division starting next season (which begins on January 5th). As you guys know, @jobyone and @GranStand Bill have been key contributors to the league, but they rarely get to race on Sunday nights due to the early evening start for west coasters. Therefore, they will be co-coordinating the races in a later time slot.

This new division will use our usual format and will race the same car and track combos that everyone else does, but they'll just do it at a later time (9pm Pacific). Drivers in this new division will be allowed to participate in the car/track elimination vote, but they will not be eligible to win Prize A, Prize B, or Prize C.

If you would like to join this "West Coast" division of S.N.A.I.L., please post your request on this thread as normal. However, you must clearly state that you want to join the West Coast division so that we know that we know not to assign you to one of the other divisions by mistake.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone, I've got some pretty exciting news! We're going to be testing out a "late night" aka "west coast" division starting next season (which begins on January 5th). As you guys know, @jobyone and @GranStand Bill have been key contributors to the league, but the very rarely get to race on Sunday nights due to the 6:30pm start for west coasters. Therefore, they will be co-coordinating the races in this later time slot.

This new division will use our usual format and will race the same car and track combos that everyone else does, but they'll just do it at a later time (11pm Eastern / 9pm Pacific). Drivers in this new division will be allowed to participate in the car/track elimination vote, but they will not be eligible to win Prize A, Prize B, or Prize C. Also, please note that this division is for guys who are not able to make our regularly scheduled time. Therefore, we expect drivers who join this new division to be guys who don't already race with us on Sunday nights.

If you know anyone who has expressed interest in racing with us, but doesn't because our start time is too early for them, please let them know about this new "late" division pilot. I believe they will be holding a practice run at their later time slot for the first time tomorrow night.
Thanks zer0. We are looking forward to building a group of racers that SNAIL can be proud of. One note the time is 12:00am Eastern/9:00pm Pacific. We will be online this Sunday (exact details to follow) with a chance to get on track and just get to know each other.

Joby

Last edited:
Anyone up for some practice?

1472-4710-9866-6903-8838

1:13.5 with the z. Thanks for the pointers Jared. I think I can find another .5:)

Last edited:
Yeah, I would bet it had more to do with selling as many copies as possible in as short a time as possible, rather than a "I do bite my thumb at thee!", due to it being on a last-gen system.

I've definitely already gotten more than $60 of value from the game in the few weeks it's been out.

Wouldn't say I've got my $60 out of it yet. Would say it's well worth the $60!!! One of the few that is! So with all the "issues" it's still a great game.

Thanks zer0. We are looking forward to building a group of racers that SNAIL can be proud of. One note the time is 12:00am Eastern/9:00pm Pacific. We will be online this Sunday (exact details to follow) with a chance to get on track and just get to know each other.

Joby
Oops, sorry about converting the eastern time incorrectly. I've fixed it in my post, and more importantly, posted the correct time in the official schedule. Once you provide the exact details, I'll link that post in there too. 👍

Another discer! There are a couple of us here that disc. Where abouts are you from? Whats your brand too? Living in Michigan, I can't help but be an innova and discraft fan.
Hey Everyone, I've got some pretty exciting news! We're going to be testing out a "late night" aka "west coast" division starting next season (which begins on January 5th). As you guys know, @jobyone and @GranStand Bill have been key contributors to the league, but the very rarely get to race on Sunday nights due to the 6:30pm start for west coasters. Therefore, they will be co-coordinating the races in this later time slot.

This new division will use our usual format and will race the same car and track combos that everyone else does, but they'll just do it at a later time (11pm 12am Eastern / 9pm Pacific). Drivers in this new division will be allowed to participate in the car/track elimination vote, but they will not be eligible to win Prize A, Prize B, or Prize C. Also, please note that this division is for guys who are not able to make our regularly scheduled time. Therefore, we expect drivers who join this new division to be guys who don't already race with us on Sunday nights.

If you know anyone who has expressed interest in racing with us, but doesn't because our start time is too early for them, please let them know about this new "late" division pilot. I believe they will be holding a practice run at their later time slot for the first time tomorrow night.
Maybe we could try putting euro feelers out too?

Too big too fast..expand to west coast first, and then worry about a euro expansion. Zero would need to have 2 uber-directors to take control of continental racing...couldn't do it himself :P

just a heads up Rolly21581 has a double entry in the standings, i say add both up and i get 12 pts hahahaha jk

You should have 12 ButtKicker points. You raced on the 15th and the 22nd, 6 points each night for a total of 12. The points are based off participation, doesn't matter which division you were in. If you raced, you get a point.

whos hosting d 3 and what time will be starting?

Skills is hosting D3 and all Divisions 1 through 5 start at 9:30 P.M. Eastern Time. The room number will be posted approximately 15 minutes before race time.

wanted to remind everyone that needs to kno For D4 My Old Psn Nane Was O10231994 And My New Psn Is Vinnybear-O1 When Do We start? is it the same time?

Back