◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
@TEX36, That first Suzuka race, I ran 4 flawless laps and when you spun, I had over a 6 second cushion and ran myself off the track trying to take it easy, ended up 5th.
Annnnnd.......Thats when I took over. I still feel like I didn't deserve that win though. :irked:

Last edited:
@OxideKart17 - By your name I see you are a ....... Kart Guy? You might be interested in our Kart Series that runs on Tuesday nights.

◆ S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Races (everyone welcome)

January 7th, 2014: Racing Kart 125 & Red Bull Racing Kart 125 - 125's Kart gearing
Race 1 - Circuito de Madrid - Reverse - 9 laps
Race 2 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 9 laps
Race 3 - Eiger Nordwand Short Track - 12 laps
Race 4 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway - 10 laps

I'd like to join.
psn: dpinho1975
@Daniel Pinho,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

West Coast Division recap.

We had a lot of fun last night. We had a total of 10 people show up. We had 5 for the first race then 7,8,6,6 and 6. We had 4 guys who made it the whole night GranStand, Tez, Gamble and I had a great time. Official results will follow as I try to decipher my hand written notes. There was plenty of close racing as well as a great example of what fast is (Thanks Nic-KL). Just when we thought the master class was over and Nic called it a night his tag-team partner Redsoxboy80 showed up to continue the class. I really do want to thank you guys for coming out. It is a pleasure racing with everyone that came out and I will update this with everyones names and the results later today.

@DriftinAssassin When it comes to trying to be faster, I'm hopeless.

I had the worst time I've ever had in a lobby in GT6, including GT5.

What everyone else said. :D Its just a matter of finding your groove and that doesn't usually come right away. Trust us, it takes a while. No need to be the fastest in the world yet, take some time and learn some lessons from coming in last a few times. Take the time to observe people and learn different things. If you ask me, racing could be like riding a bike. You aren't the best at first, but only by persistently trying you will get better and better at it. If you want I can teach you a few things later. In fact, just about everyone is always ready to help. You just need to ask. :)

Just found out about Eusebio passing away - very sad.

eusebio-1966-portugal-hungary.jpg
While I don't watch football, or really know who the guy was, he must have been great. Look all those white men, falling before his epic football greatness!

@OxideKart17 - By your name I see you are a ....... Kart Guy? You might be interested in our Kart Series that runs on Tuesday nights.

◆ S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Races (everyone welcome)

January 7th, 2014: Racing Kart 125 & Red Bull Racing Kart 125 - 125's Kart gearing
Race 1 - Circuito de Madrid - Reverse - 9 laps
Race 2 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 9 laps
Race 3 - Eiger Nordwand Short Track - 12 laps
Race 4 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway - 10 laps

These karts drive NOTHING like real karts. They snap around for no reason mid turn. They are far too unpredictable and frustrating for me. I always tell my kids that if they are mad at a game, it's not fun anymore and they should turn it off. I have been mad at GT6 over those damn karts.

Are the results posted? When I pull up the document, it just shows 0's for the last event for all divisions. Am I looking at the wrong document?

These karts drive NOTHING like real karts. They snap around for no reason mid turn. They are far too unpredictable and frustrating for me. I always tell my kids that if they are mad at a game, it's not fun anymore and they should turn it off. I have been mad at GT6 over those damn karts.
Football?? That guy looks like he is playing soccer? :)
Are the results posted? When I pull up the document, it just shows 0's for the last event for all divisions. Am I looking at the wrong document?

Triple posting is not good. If you want to reply to multiple posts just click the reply button.. They will pop up with quotes for them in the reply box.

Too bad, was hoping you would be interested. Took a while for me to "calm the hands" and learn to trust the tires in the corners. Driving the Karts has really improved my control in other events ..... well, most of the time. Hope you reconsider.

West Coast Division recap.

We had a lot of fun last night. We had a total of 10 people show up. We had 5 for the first race then 7,8,6,6 and 6. We had 4 guys who made it the whole night GranStand, Tez, Gamble and I had a great time. Official results will follow as I try to decipher my hand written notes. There was plenty of close racing as well as a great example of what fast is (Thanks Nic-KL). Just when we thought the master class was over and Nic called it a night his tag-team partner Redsoxboy80 showed up to continue the class. I really do want to thank you guys for coming out. It is a pleasure racing with everyone that came out and I will update this with everyones names and the results later today.

Packed up my rig after the regular event last night.
Checked my phone to find a message that work was cancelled for today.
Wish I would have checked that before packing everything up, I would have joined you guys.
Maybe next week...we shall see.

Hope today brings some peace and calm to all the folks involved in the stuff that went down here over the last couple of days.
I really enjoy what you guys have put together here and appreciate all the time spent doing so.
Much respect to you all !!!

The results are usually posted within about 24 hrs of racing, and they are preliminary results that may change.

Is there still spots open to join the kart league.

Ties are broken by most wins, if still tied, most 2nd place, if still tied, most 3rd place and so on down the line until the tie is broken.

Appreciate it. In a way it like penalizing the person who had a better overall performance.

Ties are broken by most wins, if still tied, most 2nd place, if still tied, most 3rd place and so on down the line until the tie is broken.

Thanks JL. We were going over it in the wee hours of the morning after racing last night and I wasn't sure how it worked. Pretty much cleared by the column. Points, Wins, Place, Show and hope you never have to go deeper than that.

Sorry fox. Thought we had it. You could look at this way. It's rewarding the person with the most wins.

Looking at the sheet, there were ties for positions all over everywhere.

Last edited:
Who is remembered as a 'winner' if two guys are tied, the guy who always came in fifth place consistently that year or the guy who won two Gran Prix events and didn't do as well in some others?

Alright guys...I'm back...and I swear I'm going to join in the fun this time. I installed GT6 last week and I've got a few hours under my belt. So far I'm really enjoying it. I battered my way through the National B license in a '78 Firebird and now I can get online. I saw your lobby last night but remembered I hadn't done time trial yet. I'll do that tonight.

I already feel like I'm racing you guys after chasing some of your times on the license tests. Nic was always a few 10ths faster than me but I took the top spot among friends on a few tests.

Latest Posts

Back