◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Man I have that at work! And wouldn't have anything else!, way better then minimizing on one screen!
Yeah. Once you've gone multi-screen, anything less is just, less. I have triples at work, though none are wide screens. I could use one more there though. I have a minimum of 6 applications open at work and frequently that runs up well over 10.

Yeah. Once you've gone multi-screen, anything less is just, less. I have triples at work, though none are wide screens. I could use one more there though. I have a minimum of 6 applications open at work and frequently that runs up well over 10.
Having a pair of 23" wide screen Samsung monitors is nice. Will never go back to a single screen.

Sorry I wasn't able to join you guys in D3. Its disconnects as usual yet again.

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Aug 24 2014
Penalty Rate 57%
Banner by dabneyd

Below are the results of the 7 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 2 - 2 incidents on file
ConnorWolf
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 5 points. 2 weeks probation.
Rednose58
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points halved to 3 for on-track concession. 2 weeks probation.
Division 3 - 3 incidents on file
GTP_RACECAR
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 1 point. 1 week probation.
Division 6 - 1 incident on file
MCR-Toretto
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points. 2 weeks probation.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, Oshawa-Joe and tezgm99 for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's document and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Probation Update
  • 4 drivers cleared probation this week.

Last edited:
Double post incoming.

It's already been done once but I'll be the post ho that does it again.

@Xradkins

Here's your choices;

JoeW
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 (415pp w/ oil change) at SSR5 full

Oshawa-Joe
Shelby GT350 '65 on Sport Med at Madrid Reverse

JLBowler
Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 at High Speed Ring (Forward)

nmcp1
Toyota SUPRA RZ '97 @ Nurburgring GP/F

Dragonwhisky
Abarth 500 '09, Dealer PP 371 @ Autumn Ring Mini

Rednose58
WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna on Silverstone International Circuit

How 'bout you pick one, so those of us that get things set up can do so and get some loafing time in. kthanksbai.

SNAIL Beginners (Non Alien) MAZADASPEED Series (proposed)

Now...I need an electronic show of hands from all interested in racing in BEGINNERS MAZADASPEED NA/SNAIL on Monday nights after dinner. I would propose that it be limited to drivers of Divisions 5-8 to keep it a beginners series with the primary purpose of providing the necessary seat time for the formative period when we develop our race craft. Of course a few "tame" aliens would be be very helpful to provide "adult" supervision.

Format will be similar to the UK series with the exception to there being three races. Two races of 15 minutes followed by a 30 minutes race. All races will have appropriate short qualifications prior to their Grid start. My feeling is that the ability to pace oneself is very important and for many many years the SCCA utilized the 30 minute race for that very reason.... thus the addition of the 30 minute SCCA type race.

If you are really interested and might wish to host this proposed series PM me please.

Edit: it has been suggested that we allow drivers from higher divisions.....perhaps... but with the proviso that Alien Ballast or PP/Power handicaps be applied (with no appeal ...lol). The point is to learn while having a ton of fun...not get frustrated while some SNAILIEN vanishes into the sunset
I'd be interested in participating in a SNAIL Spec Miata series on Monday nights depending on the time (and if I've been able to post the results from Sunday night by then). Based on your proposal, I think one thing you'd need to sort out is whether you intend it to be a beginner series or a parity series (as it can't really be both IMO). Making it a beginner-only series will make it harder to fill the grid, while making it a parity series will make it more complicated to run.

SNAIL Beginners (Non Alien) MAZADASPEED Series (proposed)

Now...I need an electronic show of hands from all interested in racing in BEGINNERS MAZADASPEED NA/SNAIL on Monday nights after dinner. I would propose that it be limited to drivers of Divisions 5-8 to keep it a beginners series with the primary purpose of providing the necessary seat time for the formative period when we develop our race craft. Of course a few "tame" aliens would be be very helpful to provide "adult" supervision.

Format will be similar to the UK series with the exception to there being three races. Two races of 15 minutes followed by a 30 minutes race. All races will have appropriate short qualifications prior to their Grid start. My feeling is that the ability to pace oneself is very important and for many many years the SCCA utilized the 30 minute race for that very reason.... thus the addition of the 30 minute SCCA type race.

If you are really interested and might wish to host this proposed series PM me please.

Edit: it has been suggested that we allow drivers from higher divisions.....perhaps... but with the proviso that Alien Ballast or PP/Power handicaps be applied (with no appeal ...lol). The point is to learn while having a ton of fun...not get frustrated while some SNAILIEN vanishes into the sunset

I sent you a PM and would gladly help out. SPEC Miata's are a blast. I vote for Mondays as well.

patriots-labor-day.jpg
labor-day-graphics-1.gif

With the coming Labor Day weekend, i wanted to wish all SNAILS, GT Planet members and people around the world a Happy Labor day. Enjoy yourselves this coming Labor day for all the hard work you do to make a living and provide not just for yourselves but your families as well, You deserve it with all the hard work not just with SNAIL, all the data recorders, score keepers and replay uploaders but the work you do outside of virtual racing. Great job everyone, very much appreciated for the contribution you give around the world. :gtpflag: :cheers: 👍

Speaking of celebrations, I believe today is the day our most senior member celebrates his 73rd birthday so I, and I'm sure all SNAILs, would like to take the opportunity to say:
happy_birthday_tex_zps93bd2b00.jpg

According to my maths, this would mean @TEX36 was born in 1941 and this was the car that won the Indy 500 that year:

1941b_zps2630f88c.jpg

Judging by Tex's speed and racecraft, it would seem he's every bit as well preserved as the Noc-Out Hose Clamp Special! :lol:

Happy Birthday Tex, you're an inspiration to us guys in our 50s who may have been thinking we're a bit old for this and I wish you many more years of high speed lapping! :cheers:

Long weekend plus job means I have the means to fly back to Vancouver for the long weekend....will be heading off to Cranbrook in a couple hours or so. Not bringing my laptop with me, so I hope everyone has a good weekend and I'll be back on Monday evening :cheers:

The driver's list has been updated to show the expansion to 8 divisions. The expansion was done from the top down and division placement was done almost strictly by the numbers using average finish position as the driving factor in placement.

I'm leaving for the coast to get away from this heat for a day so if you choose to complain about the list, it will fall on deaf ears for the majority of the day. Enjoy.

Every drivers should take a look at this list and make sure you know what division you will be racing in for the coming season. @CoachMK21 will have some work to do filling out positions for team SNAIL.

Hold your horses...

Before we get a load of complaints about being moved to a new division, just realize that when we ADD a division, most of you will be moved to a lower division. The number is not a reflection that you were demoted, just a fact that we added another division and this is how it breaks up. If you're one of the rare to move up a division when we add a division, that truly speaks to how well you did this past season (ie, @Xradkins).

For the rest of us, it's just another opportunity to race with some new people and some familiar folks. We're all here to have fun and race clean. This won't change.

As for Team SNAIL duties. I'll be working on this tonight and tomorrow, as well as creating NEW division conversations. Without your help in filling every duty, your experience in SNAIL will suffer. Everyone needs to be ready to help out.

I just figured it meant that the people that have been added since I joined have a faster Time Trial time, and thus pushing me and others down the list, like in qualifying session. I was more upset because there were people I wanted to race with in the Division I was sent down to, but they got pushed up lol. More people to send FRs to on PSN so I have my whole division on my friends list.

The overwhelming reaction to the initial post about MAZADASPEED was that it should be open to all drivers because it was too much fun to limit. OK I get it. So the series will be open to all comers but....all who get points get success ballast added for the next weekend. This will be based on the average finish position. Details will be sorted out as we get closer to the launch which will be in October.

Specs will match the UK series. So far we have two more Signed up as a result of my post. Once again to race in the Uk MAZADASPEED Spec Miata Series go to...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mazdaspeed-miata-spec-racing-sh-limited-tuning.314212/

I just figured it meant that the people that have been added since I joined have a faster Time Trial time, and thus pushing me and others down the list, like in qualifying session. I was more upset because there were people I wanted to race with in the Division I was sent down to, but they got pushed up lol. More people to send FRs to on PSN so I have my whole division on my friends list.

Actually, what happened was, D2 literally overflowed. This required several drivers in D2 to be moved down and to keep the divisions balanced and allow for new drivers in all divisions, it cascaded all the way from there.

:cheers: Here's to all divisions getting good attendance, which will make the Prize candidacy race that much tighter. I don't know if anyone noticed the point spread between the A&B prize winners last week. What shows on the results post is 1/100th of a point. It was actually less than that, by a deceptively huge margin, when the maths is taken to 3 decimals, as in 11/1000ths was the difference. Thousandths are dropped for simplicity in that post. That was the difference 6 more drivers, on track, over the course of all 6 races, made.

Hold your horses...

Before we get a load of complaints about being moved to a new division, just realize that when we ADD a division, most of you will be moved to a lower division. The number is not a reflection that you were demoted, just a fact that we added another division and this is how it breaks up. If you're one of the rare to move up a division when we add a division, that truly speaks to how well you did this past season (ie, @Xradkins).

For the rest of us, it's just another opportunity to race with some new people and some familiar folks. We're all here to have fun and race clean. This won't change.

As for Team SNAIL duties. I'll be working on this tonight and tomorrow, as well as creating NEW division conversations. Without your help in filling every duty, your experience in SNAIL will suffer. Everyone needs to be ready to help out.
Bro trust me i understand and respect what @JLBowler has done, so with that being said.........
d8ada272ecbaa2e99d8061bdc4746ce10139d9d2b181ac6f0e8fa1ad7aebfb67.jpg

Back