◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,762 comments
keep the car i like the car i just don't like silverstone its a complicated track and i forget which corner i'm in especially between corners 1 and 9
Love the track, love the car. Only because I seem to do well on it consistently in my division. Point here is to win in order to make any change to any combo.

Last edited:
Love the track, love the car. Obviously because I seem to do well on it consistently in my division. Point here is to win in order to make any change to any combo. Opinions of those without power to change are just that. Opinions. And we all know what they say about opinions.
It definitely took a while for me to get the rhythm and feel for that track. Thanks to the gt academy TTs for helping me learn it with that damn Z car way back when...

So much hate for the WSR at Silverstone! I for one absolutely love the combo! It's a great drive, and when you nail a good line through Maggots and Becketts, it feels so damn satisfying! I'm glad it's sticking around. It's a very good combo to promote clean and planned passes. Super wide track with plenty of overtaking opportunities. I'm looking forward to the Aston @ RBR as well!

So much hate for the WSR at Silverstone! I for one absolutely love the combo! It's a great drive, and when you nail a good line through Maggots and Becketts, it feels so damn satisfying! I'm glad it's sticking around. It's a very good combo to promote clean and planned passes. Super wide track with plenty of overtaking opportunities. I'm looking forward to the Aston @ RBR as well!
I know I haven't raced here in a few months but I love the WSR at Silverstone. I have no idea if I'm fast or slow there but it is good fun. The Alfa @ Cape Ring is terrible IMO. I just think I don't like Cape Ring. I swear that last Winter/Spring we had the 8C at the full Cape Ring (reverse) and it was just as bad for me in that orientation :D

Dragon and Bowler put on a very informative clinic last night. They were each in a car while the rest of us watched and listened to them explain and show the points they were trying to get across. It had nothing to do with speed and everything to do with sportsmanship. They answered any questions we had and I'm sure everyone, from D1 to D8 would get something out of it. Plus it was quite informative to get the stewards point of view on things.
Thanks again guys.

Did you guys cover corner rights? Braking duel procedure. Or when you should take outside and when it is best yield instead. I run into a few snails who loose position on a strait take the inside and then they don't run up next to me but instead two car length wide in more of the middle causing a dangerous block, even if I try to leave a gap. I also run into some snails who take the outside and when the lost the battle they choose to go outside when instead they could of yielded and had a better chance of passing me back or catching the leaders. It is bad strategy to spend a lot of time battling especially in the back of the pack.

I would not shed a tear if all of combo 3 fell and was removed from GT entirely.

Don't worry I'd cry a river, I love this combo, I'd like to see more open wheel cars in future snail races.

Results Summary for D6 - 10/19/14

Combo 1
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:48.138
Pole
@Jakedog23 - 1:45.594
Gold
@Jakedog23 Silver @GTP_Nobby Bronze @joe_diben
Fast Lap @joe_diben - 1:46.215

Combo 1
Race 2 - Total Race: 10:57.973
Gold
@singlepaddy Silver @pkenuelo Bronze @joe_diben
Fast Lap @joe_diben - 1:46.299

Combo 2
Race 1 - Total Race: 11:40.631
Pole
@joe_diben - 1:35.596
Gold @joe_diben Silver @BayouSimDrifter Bronze @MajorBlixem
Fast Lap @joe_diben - 1:35.541

Combo 2
Race 2 - Total Race: 11:23.695
Gold
@GTP_Nobby Silver @joe_diben Bronze @MajorBlixem
Fast Lap @GTP_Nobby - 1:35.653

Combo 3
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:58.127
Pole
@joe_diben - 2:09.354
Gold @joe_diben Silver @GTP_Nobby Bronze @TomMang_68
Fast Lap @joe_diben - 2:09.636

Combo 3
Race 2 - Total Race: 11:13.026
Gold
@MajorBlixem Silver @TomMang_68 Bronze @joe_diben
Fast Lap @joe_diben - 2:09.423

Congrats to @joe_diben for the overall win!! Podium finish in every race! Way to go!
Attaboy BUD

I like the WSR we just need it at a new track. Change it up. The car itself is great but could perform better on a track that doesn't have as many high speed turns.

I like it with the high speed turns. Once the aero comes into play, it's fun managing the car through those corners.

I'm on my phone, so I can't see locations, but if I remember correctly, we have a few members in Ottawa? Stay safe those of you in that area. Horrible turn of events there today.

I'm happy to see that many of you are enjoying the WRS at Silverstone. It is always sort of bitter sweet winning a prize. On the one hand you are happy to finally have some input on the next combo. Especially if you get to choose a car that you really like. On the other, at least for me, it is stressful trying to make a selection that most snails find enjoyable. I know I will never please everyone, but at least I picked something that a few of you really enjoy.
:cheers:

Tomorrow night the DTC group is doing some testing for a possible event at Sierra. The idea is doing a 10 lap race using some of the core ideas that the DTC uses (4 cars with for different drivetrains). The total pp of your 4 cars should be around 1885pp. Since this is just a test the exact number is not hugely important. we will be running sports medium tires.

If you like the idea and want to join us let me know.

9:30 Et / 6:30 Pt

I'm happy to see that many of you are enjoying the WRS at Silverstone. It is always sort of bitter sweet winning a prize. On the one hand you are happy to finally have some input on the next combo. Especially if you get to choose a car that you really like. On the other, at least for me, it is stressful trying to make a selection that most snails find enjoyable. I know I will never please everyone, but at least I picked something that a few of you really enjoy.
:cheers:
It is impossible to please all the SNAILs. But most appreciate an original combination even if it is not one they enjoy. Most of the complaining is directed at combos that have an element that has run before (car) or are a close repeat of a car track combo run before (8c at Cape Ring).

Choosing should not be that stressful. Simply do some testing with other people especially ones with a similar speed to you. The combo may be a blast to drive in isolation but if it does not offer passing opportunities for similar speed drivers it will be little more than a procession.

And yes I have picked combos before. All of them were original, some were not well received but some stuck around.

Round 1 & 2 pics by @turnupdaheat
Round 3 pic by @Falango

ssrR1.jpg

ssrR2.jpg

ssrR3.jpg

Are you busy?

upload_2014-10-22_21-32-21.png

Can't follow the thread all day to find out the new combos?

upload_2014-10-22_21-33-27.jpeg

Don't want to get fish slapped for asking?

upload_2014-10-22_21-34-52.jpeg

Then be sure to:

I've been tweeting this very information as it becomes available. If are already on Twitter, be sure to give us a follow. If you aren't using Twitter, it's real simple to join and if you follow just us, it will be very easy to stay up to date with the current SNAIL race night information!

A huge thank you for the awesome work by @Rednose58 on the pre-race detail summaries and @GamingPete for the amazing banners.

Be patient patewan, combo's revealed in due time they are.

Edit: I wanted to post that to sound like from star wars. Combo's are always revealed near the end of the week so it's like a child bugging you saying "dada/mama, what are the combo's, what is for dinner, what sweets can i get" Just bringing some humor into it. :lol:

:eek: Is that me passing @turnupdaheat going backwards? ;)

I'd like to rejoin SNAIL. I took some time off during the warm months to focus on autocross and I missed racing with you guys. But now that autocross season is over and I have more free time I'm looking forward to re-joining.

What's the time trial info again?
Welcome back! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back