◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Be patient patewan, combo's revealed in due time they are.

Edit: I wanted to post that to sound like from star wars. Combo's are always revealed near the end of the week so it's like a child bugging you saying "dada/mama, what are the combo's, what is for dinner, what sweets can i get" Just bringing some humor into it. :lol:

you forgot

are-we-there-yet.jpg

After a few hours practicing the 2 new combos off line to figure out all breaking points and best race lines, I'm looking forward for on line group practicing tonight for final adjustments.

I'll sweeten the pot a little for that challenge. For every SNAIL that posts a rule Section and Paragraph that pertains to general annoying behavior, I'll transfer 5 of my $hells to their account. @USERID_77a23 gets the first 5. There's, at least, 35 more $hells up for grabs here. Only one rule may be used at a time and once used, it will not earn another $hell. Multiple submissions from the same SNAIL are not allowed. I reserve the right to decide if a submission applies to the challenge. Please @ me in your submission.

I'll sweeten the pot a little for that challenge. For every SNAIL that posts a rule Section and Paragraph that pertains to general annoying behavior, I'll transfer 5 of my $hells to their account. @USERID_77a23 gets the first 5. There's, at least, 35 more $hells up for grabs here. Only one rule may be used at a time and once used, it will not earn another $hell. Multiple submissions from the same SNAIL are not allowed. I reserve the right to decide if a submission applies to the challenge. Please @ me in your submission.

@Dragonwhisky

01: S.N.A.I.L. OLR General Rules:

D:

You are expected to drive responsibly in a way that’s not likely to ruin the racing enjoyment of your fellow drivers.

A little stretch outside the snail umbrella, but...
Gtplanet usage FAQ:
https://www.gtplanet.net/faq/

Criticizing “Those Who Do Not Search”

It has long been popular on Internet discussion boards to ridicule or embarrass users who may ask questions that could have easily been answered by searching the web or the forums. Indeed, many questions can be answered this way, and indeed, many users could make better use of the tools available to them. However, that is no reason to treat them with disrespect, as there is a wide and legitimate range of experience among users on the Internet. If you see someone on GTPlanet asking what you believe to be a trivial question, suggest keywords or links or simply ignore their questions altogether. Do not harass them.

@Dragonwhisky
01: S.N.A.I.L. OLR General Rules:
E:

You are expected not to submit to bad general behavior under all circumstances.

@Dragonwhisky

S.N.A.I.L. OLR General Rules:

L:

No careless driving. Always show respect for your fellow racers. Be careful. Show some patience. Understand the limitations of your car and yourself and drive accordingly. Driving online in a racing sim is NOT exactly the same as real life racing in every respect. Familiarity with the car and track is expected. Do not go into a Sunday night without having practiced and expect to be able to late brake or make other aggressive maneuvers without incident.

-This one is probably the 1 Rule that I see most not being followed.. The one in BOLD.. If followed, I believe IR's would drop quite a bit.. Just my opinion!!! 👍

Secondly, I would like to make a motion that all drivers be required to un-map the horn button from whatever controller or wheel you are using. There is never a need to honk your horn during a race or while sitting at the start line waiting for the race to start. It's especially annoying when having to watch replays and hearing all the horns at the start line and any time you go through corner close to someone else. Disable the thing already.

honk if you agree

honk if you agree

A little late to the game here, aren't we? The whole "honk if you agree" theme was well covered when I made the post before.

I will stand by my request. Unmap the horn. There is no need for it and it's generally annoying to other drivers. The ongoing discussion about finding rules in the OLR that prohibit general bad behavior should outlaw this annoying little habit. There is also no need to honk your horn every time the guy in front of you goes off the track. Just file the IR after the race.

I'll sweeten the pot a little for that challenge. For every SNAIL that posts a rule Section and Paragraph that pertains to general annoying behavior, I'll transfer 5 of my $hells to their account. @USERID_77a23 gets the first 5. There's, at least, 35 more $hells up for grabs here. Only one rule may be used at a time and once used, it will not earn another $hell. Multiple submissions from the same SNAIL are not allowed. I reserve the right to decide if a submission applies to the challenge. Please @ me in your
@Dragonwhisky
I:
Aggressive driving is strictly prohibited.

Last edited:
Btw I'm very likely not going to make this Sunday :(

I'm already committed to carving pumpkins!

Thanks for the heads up. I will not be placing you in a division for this Sunday. You will be placed for the start of the November season which starts next Sunday night.

Thanks for doing some research before choosing a combo. We just had this car at Cape Ring in March and it was one and done as Cape Ring usually is because of the jump. Long live originality.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother to keep track of the combos we have already ran around here.
Please remove me from SNAIL, thank you!

@Dragonwhisky : Your personal favourite......
J:
Cutting the chicanes or "shorting" the track at any point is strictly prohibited on all parts of the track, including the asphalt-areas in behind out-of track-lines. Track specific boundaries will be clarified for certain tracks if it is not generally obvious.

To everyone that has responded to the OLR Challenge. If I've liked your post, your $hells have been transferred. It may be a bit before it's reflected in the $hell balance sheet, be patient, it'll get there. Some of you didn't follow the directions, but, I'm feeling generous this afternoon, so, I paid anyway. Have a look and edit your posts accordingly.

@Rednose58 , while yes, I ain't scairt to file when I see that rule violated, it ain't my personal favorite. My personal favorite has already been quoted, twice. Yes I know I said in the challenge that a rule could only be used once. I gave the $hells for the second because the first time it was used was before I defined the rules for the challenge and the entire rule was not included in that post.

Road on folks!

To everyone that has responded to the OLR Challenge. If I've liked your post, your $hells have been transferred. It may be a bit before it's reflected in the $hell balance sheet, be patient, it'll get there. Some of you didn't follow the directions, but, I'm feeling generous this afternoon, so, I paid anyway. Have a look and edit your posts accordingly.

@Rednose58 , while yes, I ain't scairt to file when I see that rule violated, it ain't my personal favorite. My personal favorite has already been quoted, twice. Yes I know I said in the challenge that a rule could only be used once. I gave the $hells for the second because the first time it was used was before I defined the rules for the challenge and the entire rule was not included in that post.

Road on folks!

I'm not sure if I'm one that did not follow directions.? I was going to say exactly what @JLBowler said a while back because even though the rule I submitted is annoying because it is easily prevented with a little self control, the horn is crazy annoying.! almost as annoying as when asked to mute your mics.? it never happens and I can't figure that one out.? I was unable to find a rules section and paragraph about those so I figured it wouldn't count but if mine is one of those by all means I will give my shells back!

I think we should remind everyone that at tonight's practice and Sundays racing we should all do our best to stay off the runoff areas at Red Bull Ring.
If for any reason you do find yourself in a runoff area ( and you shouldn't ) please do not advance your position and also return to the track in a safe manner!!!

I'm sure the stewards will appreciate our help if we can keep the Incident Reports to a minimum.

So everyone please!!!...PRACTICE IT, LEARN IT, LIVE IT....Goodluck all.:gtpflag:

I think we should remind everyone that at tonight's practice and Sundays racing we should all do our best to stay off the runoff areas at Red Bull Ring.
If for any reason you do find yourself in a runoff area ( and you shouldn't ) please do not advance your position and also return to the track in a safe manner!!!

I'm sure the stewards will appreciate our help if we can keep the Incident Reports to a minimum.

So everyone please!!!...PRACTICE IT, LEARN IT, LIVE IT....Goodluck all.:gtpflag:

The proper procedure if you find yourself with 3 or more tires out in the run off area outside the track boundaries is as follows: 1. Lift off the throttle 2. Return to the track/racing line when you can do so without affecting any other driver in any way. By taking those two simple steps, you can avoid any penalty you would otherwise receive from the stewards.

On a related topic. The red/white painted area around the "toilet bowl" at Cape Ring is considered out of bounds. Not that you would want to be out there as grip is reduced on that surface. If you find yourself out there for any reason, you must reenter the track according to the SNAIL OLR.

Z:
JLBowler and Dragonwhisky statements and opinions are the absolute truth because they are the boss! Refrain from disagree with either one of them even if you are right or else you will get fish slaps or worse dragon fire balls in the face anytime anywhere like you are a sinner.
In summary, the golden rule is to shut up, listen, and follow strictly all the rules the boss said.

:D I'm just kidding around. Like if you agree with some of above and also accepts the consequence of being fish slapped.

Z:
JLBowler and Dragonwhisky statements and opinions are the absolute truth because they are the boss! Refrain from disagree with either one of them even if you are right or else you will get fish slaps or worse dragon fire balls in the face anytime anywhere like you are a sinner.
In summary, the golden rule is to shut up, listen, and follow strictly all the rules the boss said.

:D I'm just kidding around. Like if you agree with some of above and also accepts the consequence of being fish slapped.

Mr. Smiles, are you racing this weekend?

Back