◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments

THE PRACTICE ROOMS ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN !
If you are assigned to D1, D2, D3 or D4 please join, with your best racecraft, the BLUE ROOM:
1472-6118-3916-1738-2563

If you are assigned to D5, D6, D7 or D8 please join, with your best racecraft, the RED ROOM:
1472-6399-8665-9407-5150

Back by popular demand!
Additionally, if you want to focus in your Race craft instead of speed, the Yellow Room will be following the same format with the addition of Competition Yellows at least once during the race depending on the number of laps. Room is focused to run in a pack and improve Race Craft. We will qualify only the 1st race and all other races will be reverse grid to account for the yellow flag lap. This will also serve as Red or Blue overflow.
The YELLOW ROOM:
1472 6399 8665 9407 5160

Unofficial Results for Sunday 10/19

Courtesy of @Rednose
oct-26-2014-combos-png.243469

Last edited:
Z:
JLBowler and Dragonwhisky statements and opinions are the absolute truth because they are the boss! Refrain from disagree with either one of them even if you are right or else you will get fish slaps or worse dragon fire balls in the face anytime anywhere like you are a sinner.
In summary, the golden rule is to shut up, listen, and follow strictly all the rules the boss said.

:D I'm just kidding around. Like if you agree with some of above and also accepts the consequence of being fish slapped.

That's sucking up real good right there lol. Don't let it get to your head guys :P

Z:
JLBowler and Dragonwhisky statements and opinions are the absolute truth because they are the boss! Refrain from disagree with either one of them even if you are right or else you will get fish slaps or worse dragon fire balls in the face anytime anywhere like you are a sinner.
In summary, the golden rule is to shut up, listen, and follow strictly all the rules the boss said.

:D I'm just kidding around. Like if you agree with some of above and also accepts the consequence of being fish slapped.

You might be surprised to know how many times my personal opinion differs from the official SNAIL opinion.

I noticed something while reviewing incidents this week. One division ran at least one race with visual damage turned on. visual damage should be turned off. It doesn't look good at all and it just takes more processing power to run and more data to send from driver to driver. I haven't seen this very often so I'm sure it was an oversight somewhere along the line so I'm throwing out a reminder to have visual damage off. I would suggest that any hosts that want to review the proper setups for a SNAIL room click the link in my signature and find the link in the frequently used documents post that relates to room setup.

Ok!
This is for you fast guys and gals.

You already know your faster and you know the your coming up on a car that is not even in your league, right?

Why must you dive in on him or her?
Especially when, (I for example) staying wide to let you pass and upon exit you use the full driving line and clip the front of the car you are passing enough to send the car your passing OFF!

If your afforded a pass in that fashion, tighten your apex and allow enough room for the car that just let you bye enough room to continue the race!

That way, you know you made a clean pass and you maintain a "clean driver" reputation award!

I'm gonna get one!

Still I fully enjoyed tonight's racing!

Great job @TEX36

Last edited:
The Aston @ RBR started to get a bit messy. That car does NOT like to touch the astroturf right outside the curbs, it's like being on ice! Still had some good little battles there though. It's going to be a fun combo with several passing opportunities.

I got DC'ed in 3 of the 4 races I attempted.... :( I usually have a very stable connection and don't get DC'ed very often. Guess I have to blame today's partial solar eclipse.

What i will try for next Thursday nights practice is run the room as fixed host like i do for Division 7. Connections are more stable for all the drivers.

I got DC'ed in 3 of the 4 races I attempted.... :( I usually have a very stable connection and don't get DC'ed very often. Guess I have to blame today's partial solar eclipse.

Yes Major, I was following you during the second race at the Cape Ring and it was difficult as you were lagging quite heavily. I've never noticed you having that problem before.

I joined the yellow room later on and we had some great racing and fun. Only those who were there will know what has happened when someone has a "Your Momma's a$$" moment! :lol:

The Aston @ RBR started to get a bit messy. That car does NOT like to touch the astroturf right outside the curbs, it's like being on ice! Still had some good little battles there though. It's going to be a fun combo with several passing opportunities.
As far as I know, every single car loses traction on those green areas at the red bull ring. That thing is slippery, period.
Awesome practicing last night specially by having a higher division guy to lead the way at the cape ring track. Thanks @turnupdaheat .

As far as I know, every single car loses traction on those green areas at the red bull ring. That thing is slippery, period.
Awesome practicing last night specially by having a higher division guy to lead the way at the cape ring track. Thanks @turnupdaheat .

Yeah, it's true about those green areas. No matter what you're driving it will be hard to find any traction on them. So if you do find yourself out there you will lose grip and if you try to keep the throttle nailed to get through it as quickly as possible it could end up being a double whammy when you receive a penalty for going out of bounds.

@MCA_UNITED08 Good job last night. I had to be cautious behind Major's lagging car for the first couple of laps but you were never too far behind all the way to the end.

Most of us don't get much of a chance to pick and choose tracks, cars or combos, but if we do..... well, we do.

So, whether I initially like the chosen combo or not - it doesn't realy matter in the end because we are going to drive that combo on Sunday.

To me the challenge is to get the best lap times that I can out of the combo and be competitive by keeping the car on the track. Find your break points, turn-in points and lines and keep to it - every time. The Cape Ring Periphery is good example where patience in two or three spots on the track could help you to achieve consistent lap times.

I find it very satidfying if I can tame the beast in the Corvette LM Race Car on Silverstone or keep momentum in a Mini around Brands Hatch or keep the rear end of a Lotus Elise behind me on Willow Springs.

There are no bad combos - period!

Back