◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
On picture #7, the driver faces the photographer and asks: -"can I have a copy of that one, please?".:lol:

And

Tonight is RACE NIGHT

images

I will need to be moved to part time status for D3 for a while. I am entered in a number of special events (2 Nurb endurance races, in addition to my other league I race with weekly), so my time is limited for SNAIL. I am not good enough to do a few laps and jump into a race and be competitive, and I don't want to mess up anyone's races with sloppy driving.

Lol at the driver looking at the camera
logo11.jpeg

Multi-Divisional Practice

Epic Battle for 2nd place for 5 laps between @Xradkins @JJLopez427 & Properts?

3 Wide Start

Red Bull Ring by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Cold Tires and a Heavy Boat
Red Bull Ring_1 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

@JJLopez427 and @Xradkins battling for 2nd place
Red Bull Ring_2 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Look for Duplicates on track! :mischievous:
Red Bull Ring_6 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Last Lap at the last corner. A small love tap on Properts give him enough momentum
Red Bull Ring_4 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

to barely beat JJ at the line by thousands of a second
Red Bull Ring_5 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Another Race from Saturday Night Live

4 wide Start... a dangerous gamble

Red Bull Ring by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

At the apex of turn 1 only 2 wide
Red Bull Ring_1 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

But @chatva pays the price of heavy contact
Red Bull Ring_2 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Birdeye view after turn 1
Red Bull Ring_7 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Zooming on the pack. Lap 1.
Red Bull Ring_8 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

D4 battle with @Wardenclyffe and @JJLopez427 jocking for position
Red Bull Ring_3 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Who may this one be?
Red Bull Ring_4 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Red Bull Ring_5 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Red Hot Brakes.. keep it tidy!
Red Bull Ring_6 by W0lfsatz, on Flickr

Last edited:
I would like to join the snail racing action.

@Rob Brown

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Is @redsoxboy80 going to be using this account or his other account highfivecity? During pratice on Thursday he told me he would be using highfivecity permently?

He didn't mention a change when he asked to rejoin, so if redsoxboy80 doesn't show up tonight, he doesn't race. If he wants to change his name, he needs to let me know before the weekly deadline which was last night.

It has also been brought to my attention that some drivers are not demonstrating a clear understanding of what is in bounds and what is out of bounds at Red Bull Ring. This track is very straight forward in it's boundaries. The red/white rumble strips are considered part of the track. Any area beyond those strips are NOT part of the track. It doesn't matter if it's paved, concrete, astroturf, or any other surface, if it's beyond the red/white rumble strips, it's not part of the track. As always, you must have at least two tires on the track at all times.

one last time...

ATTENTION ALL DIVISION 6 DRIVERS

I will be hosting division 6 on Sunday night.
Our regular host has asked that he be excused due to connection problems as of late, and our backup will not be around this weekend. Please ensure that you send a friend request if i am not already on your list or you will not be able to race. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

@pkenuelo
@GTP_Nobby
@goofytyler
@TomMang_68
@Nail-27
@singlepaddy
@BayouSimDrifter
@Handlebar
@DMacs13
@Jakedog23
@HugoNout
@Jayc2k
@MajorBlixem
@dexatron
@Lawndart
@Flamango247

It has also been brought to my attention that some drivers are not demonstrating a clear understanding of what is in bounds and what is out of bounds at Red Bull Ring. This track is very straight forward in it's boundaries. The red/white rumble strips are considered part of the track. Any area beyond those strips are NOT part of the track. It doesn't matter if it's paved, concrete, astroturf, or any other surface, if it's beyond the red/white rumble strips, it's not part of the track. As always, you must have at least two tires on the track at all times.[/QUOTE]

So this is okay than.
image.jpg
image.jpg

It has also been brought to my attention that some drivers are not demonstrating a clear understanding of what is in bounds and what is out of bounds at Red Bull Ring. This track is very straight forward in it's boundaries. The red/white rumble strips are considered part of the track. Any area beyond those strips are NOT part of the track. It doesn't matter if it's paved, concrete, astroturf, or any other surface, if it's beyond the red/white rumble strips, it's not part of the track. As always, you must have at least two tires on the track at all times.

So this is okay than.
View attachment 245679
View attachment 245681
That would be legal.

Is @redsoxboy80 going to be using this account or his other account highfivecity? During pratice on Thursday he told me he would be using highfivecity permently?

I'll use redsoxboy80 tonight.

He didn't mention a change when he asked to rejoin, so if redsoxboy80 doesn't show up tonight, he doesn't race. If he wants to change his name, he needs to let me know before the weekly deadline which was last night.

I'll be using high_five_city beginning next week. Sorry for any inconvenience. The older account has a lot of friends and the online/offline messages were always a distraction for me.

So this is okay than.
View attachment 245679
View attachment 245681
While I understand that these are legal boundaries within SNAIL, I think it's ridiculous that these are considered legal. Using the white lines would seem so much more realistic. Those cars are 99% completely off the track.

Reminder to all D5 racers, please be sure to have a friends request to me by 9pm est. Room will be opened by 9:05 est.
Psn: II-NOVA-II
(Capital i's)

:lol::lol::lol: please no! It's sexyness keeps me
I will need to be moved to part time status for D3 for a while. I am entered in a number of special events (2 Nurb endurance races, in addition to my other league I race with weekly), so my time is limited for SNAIL. I am not good enough to do a few laps and jump into a race and be competitive, and I don't want to mess up anyone's races with sloppy driving.
Go get'em Patrick....See ya on track at the Ring as part of a SNAIL based team.

So this is okay than.
View attachment 245679
View attachment 245681

In both those pictures the car is in-bounds. By the angle the car is at though, unless it slips a bit, it will go OOB before it completes the turn. 3 wheels off the track surface is considered OOB. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you keep 2 inside the white line, rumble strip presence notwithstanding, you're in-bounds. Otherwise, it can be called into question. Ya'll's call on what to risk and what not to.

So this is okay than.
View attachment 245679
View attachment 245681[/QUOTE]

Legal, yes. Smart, probably not. When you get that close, you are leaving your fate up to whatever the replay chooses to show. Not all replays are created equal and not all replays show things exactly as you might see them during a race. Weigh that risk when you make the decision on what lines to run.

Latest Posts

Back