◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Hey guys I'm still deciding if I should keep the rx7 or change the track. Mmmmmm

I wouldn't put too much thought into it until you know for sure which prize you are actually getting. There are incidents involving prize winners. Nothing is certain at this point.

Owens I love your liveries but there is just something about your number font that rubs me the wrong way. Colors are beautiful as always! Well done.

Thank you. I can change font from about 15 different preset ones. For myself. I like this one. :/ lol

95% Finished! Just have to bolt down the seat. I'm satisfied and ready for some Kart racing tonight. :cheers:

Sorry for the crooked pics

Attachments

• SimRig4.jpg
    SimRig4.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 7
  • SimRig5.jpg
    SimRig5.jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 7
  • SimRig6.jpg
    SimRig6.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 7
This video can also be found in the Team S.N.A.I.L. Tab of the Results Doc :)[/quote]
Watch this video and let us know if you can handle it 👍 There's a general Google Docs upload area, but I don't know where it is.

This video can also be found in the Team S.N.A.I.L. Tab of the Results Doc :)

@llNovall, here's the video Kcheeb posted with the instructions to upload the replays. I believe you have to get access to the directors sheet on google drive but JLBowler can direct you on that.
Thanks for your help.

I'm soooo jealous of all these fancy rigs people play on lol. People dnt believe half the time wen I tell them I use a dinner tray table and a chair from one of my classrooms and the tray table sits over my g27 pedals and I have it taped down. Its uncomfortable as all get out. But hey it works. Score 1 for the cheap college student living in a dorm with 6 other roommates who nag at me on a daily basis in the middle of a race just to get me to spin out. Its home that's for sure lol

@llNovall, here's the video Kcheeb posted with the instructions to upload the replays. I believe you have to get access to the directors sheet on google drive but JLBowler can direct you on that.
Thanks for your help.[/quote]

I'm not much help with that. I don't even know how to find the open replay area. Check with @Dragonwhisky or @kcheeb for help with that kind of thing.

Took the McLaren over to Italy for a shakedown at Monza. Managed a 1:55.252 on the stock setup. I could probably get a little more time in the chicanes as I get accustomed to the car, as right now I'm finding myself braking a little too early. The pictures really don't do the game justice, as I'm running at medium to medium-high settings. Still not too bad for a laptop!

Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_monza_18-2-2014-20-48-32.png
Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_monza_18-2-2014-20-52-22.png
Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_monza_18-2-2014-20-53-50.png
Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_monza_18-2-2014-20-44-28.png

Interested in joining this, need a break from iRacing.
@pliskinrob,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

No problem. I should be able to get this going tomorrow morning since I'm working tonight.

Thanks for your help.[/quote]
pr

@RebelYeller73 if your still on could you post the room number, I'll come do some practice laps if you still want
Sorry dcallnight. I Didn't See Your Post Until I Got Out Of GT5 With A Few Friends. Anytime You Want To Run Some Laps Just Message Me In-Game. I Sent You A Friend Request. Thanks Wolfsatz For Hosting A Practice Room Tonight. I Had A Good Time What Little I Was In And Not Spinning Out.

Thanks for the races tonight guys, found it a little difficult adjusting from iRacing but still had good fun nevertheless.

If anyone is on iRacing feel free to add Robert Henderson, I think I'm the only one.

Cheers and look forward to racing with you guys in the near future.

Division 3 Festivities at Mt. Panorama Bathurst with the Alpine.
The Alpine proved to be a fun car at the wrong track; voted off the first week I had a lot of fun with the car even when it did not promoted close racing, there were many of pairs jocking close by for position. Avoiding any walls up/downhill proved key to create separation from others.

Reverse grid start and D3 gets down to business.

Turn 1 and everyting nice and clean.

Passing uphill was possible setting the right speed and avoiding the tires from losing grip.

JWalker and PTslopoke charging hard to make up time. Tricky curve collected many fenders.

Love tap and JWalker goes off course; PTslopoke waits and gives position back, but DW and Tcrash capitalize.

Tcrash and I chasing Xeno.

D3 Festivities at Fuji GT with the Lotus Elise

Last edited:
Thanks for the races tonight guys, found it a little difficult adjusting from iRacing but still had good fun nevertheless.

If anyone is on iRacing feel free to add Robert Henderson, I think I'm the only one.

Cheers and look forward to racing with you guys in the near future.

I want to do iRacing, I have it installed and set up for 2 years now but I somehow feel very detached from the car and the road. Lacking a lot of feeling in the steering wheel I guess. I know ppl may have different steering wheel settings for different cars, let's just be concerned with the mx-5. Would you mind sharing your settings of your wheel on PC? I have a G27

I want to do iRacing, I have it installed and set up for 2 years now but I somehow feel very detached from the car and the road. Lacking a lot of feeling in the steering wheel I guess. I know ppl may have different steering wheel settings for different cars, let's just be concerned with the mx-5. Would you mind sharing your settings of your wheel on PC? I have a G27

The MX5 I didn't like very well. Once I got through the Rookie class and was able to race other cars things really got good.

One big suggestion is to focus on braking. That MX5 likes to have the brakes released with ease. Still loose IMO.

As for wheel settings. Search the iRacing forums. Huge write up and some great software available to get you dialed in.

(Chased that thread as it really is useful) http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1500238.page

Just guessing off hand. I'd say something like a 25 on FFB. Also adjust that brake setting if your using the stock style brake. Aka non load cell or hydro.

If you want to add me on there I would join a practice room with you and help you out. Names Jeff Owens

Last edited:
Back