◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments

We all remember what the first two GranStand Challenges did for Sandblazter and @AG07WRXTR. Now it's time for someone else to have a shot at this incredible sim racing wheel stand! I'm happy to announce that GranStand will be providing prize support for the GranStand Challenge IV. This new challenge which will span our December and January seasons. At the end of these two short months, we will identify the drivers with a high number of GranStand points and enter them into a random drawing. The winner of the random drawing will win a GranStand wheel stand!!

Introducing the GranStand.
The GranStand racing stand system is fully modular, allowing for customization beyond the efforts of many others on the market. This also allows for selection of a model that fits not only your needs, but your budget as well, and always allows for additional modules.

Rules for the GranStand Challenge IV:

• One GranStand point will be awarded for each Sunday night race that a drivers competes in
    • Drivers who are not on the starting grid for any reason (network issues, lack of DLC, being late, etc) will not receive a GranStand point
    • Any driver that is imposed a penalty by the stewards will also be docked an equal amount of GranStand points
    • The more GranStand points a driver has earned, the better odds he will have at winning the random prize drawing
    • GranStand points will be docked for inappropriate behavior in the lounge or on the thread (e.g. posting a public racing complaint instead of filing an incident report)
    • This prize will not be shipped outside the United States or Canada
>>> GrandStand Challenge IV Point Standings <<<

Don't forget your exclusive S.N.A.I.L. discount on all GranStand products!

Last edited:
Hello all, I am interested in joining S.N.A.I.L., I have a friend that recently joined and enjoys the competition so I thought I would give it a shot. Thank you for taking the time.

@Hellbringer69

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the SNAIL OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. SNAIL Administrators will reach out to you via a GT Planet conversation with further instructions on joining the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game. To find your assigned room on Sunday please follow the steps below:
  1. Go to Community, from the GT6 My Home screen.
  2. Select Clubs
  3. Select SNAIL [Spec] Racing
  4. Select Club Lobby (on left) not Club Events
  5. Find your division room #, select it and join.
5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

I can't find D7 so I guess I'll just have to wait until next week. It's disappointing. I practiced with some people last night and it was a real eye opener. The only thing that shows up is D1. Not sure why.

You need to find the room within the Community section. Then Clubs, then SNAIL [Spec] Racing. This was all in your welcome PM from @JLBowler.

D2 had a very different look tonight! Great competition, and we even had a few guys from D3 join us. I apologize for the rude awakening being mixed in with some ex D1 guys that are FAST, lol. Congrats @ConnorWolf on the win! :D

Since @intoflatlines mentioned an error in Google Docs, did any other scorer have a hard time entering scores? It froze up twice and was "working" a lot, which causes it to leave out entries.

I had a heck of a time. It kept giving me the 'working' message and I couldn't enter anything. Occasionally the doc would lock up and disappear too.

D4 replays are uploaded to the Stewards Drive and the Open/Public Drive.

It was a great night racing, at least from my seat. We had 10 racers at the start and ended with eight - we would love to take some overflow from D3 or perhaps take back the two we lost in the late reshuffling, if that would help.

So it wasn't a great night for me coming in with zero practice and zero seat time in GT6 for the last 3 weeks. But it was great to see the familiar names again in the room. Can't believe I haven't returned earlier. That being said, I have been pretty darn busy lately. Some of which you can have a look here:

A fun one

And a more serious driving one here:

What can I say... I am sure there were a few glitches on our first night racing in the new club setting, but for the first time in almost a year it felt like home again. It just never felt right setting up public and friends only rooms. The new community feature really brings back something that was missing from our group. Racing in D6 was awesome tonight. What a great group of racers! My humble thanks to @aerolite for putting the D6 Team together and much thanks to @Die_Birdy_Die for hosting. Also need to lay out a gracias to the rest of the D6 Team. I think this is going to be a pretty damn good month of racing. Pretty cool considering we are just a few days from wrapping up a third year as a League.

Latest Posts

Back