◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments

Introducing the GranStand.
The GranStand racing stand system is fully modular, allowing for customization beyond the efforts of many others on the market. This also allows for selection of a model that fits not only your needs, but your budget as well, and always allows for additional modules.

Don't forget your exclusive S.N.A.I.L. discount on all GranStand products!

Last edited:
This grandstand thing doesn't attract me one bit as it doesn't look ergonomically efficient. The wheel is definitely too high and the pedals way too close.
Wouldn't trade it for my home made rig.

Anyone interested in the weekly cat and mouse event held at 9 on Tuesday, please message me to be included in the conversation.

This grandstand thing doesn't attract me one bit as it doesn't look ergonomically efficient. The wheel is definitely too high and the pedals way too close.

Did you go to their website? All of that is adjustable, as it is with most wheelstands and cockpits. Check it out. There's a pic with someone sitting in it, that helps quite a bit when you gauge the positioning. Everything that attaches to those metal tracks can slide to fit your needs.

Why not just buy a car and race for that price? The range of cars you could buy and race for that much is pretty wide.
I'm guessing it's mainly bought by people who already are a race car driver, and want to simulate an actual car car the best they can without having to be on track.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's mainly bought by people who already are a race car driver, and want to simulate an actual car car the best they can without having to be on track.

Exactly. These are things that racing teams buy to practice for the next race.

That's definitely who these are catered towards. At a cost like that, you'd have to think the precision and realism is replicated very well. Not something you could just but in your basement cuz it's cool, lol.

Without giving away the results of the last episode of this season's GT Academy, I wanted to give a huge shout-out to the SNAIL SIX who made it to race camp this year. You guys competed your tails off and made us proud! Congrats on the incredible accomplishment!! :cheers:

@scca_ziptie ------------ @Adventuruss ----------- @ParkerMO125
jFe83Sf.png
dsR2tOP.png
d1O5vZ4.png

@dgriffin28 -------------- @Neovre ---------------- @K1utch
RRgzge9.png
NuRKfeS.png
3VSvuch.png

Last edited:
Did you go to their website? All of that is adjustable, as it is with most wheelstands and cockpits. Check it out. There's a pic with someone sitting in it, that helps quite a bit when you gauge the positioning. Everything that attaches to those metal tracks can slide to fit your needs.
@Schmiggz , You couldn't be farther off base! The Granstand wheel stand is really nice, fully adjustable and very sturdy. Does not have the support bar in the middle that some do! Trust me if you win it you will use it and love it!
I think what you guys are referring to is what @GranStand Bill calls "Infinite Adjustability". ;)

Schmiggz, come on. I built my own rig too. When I saw this I thought: Wow, what a nice set up for infinite adjustments. All you need is a socket wrench. Having my own welded steel rig, I still hope to win this Granstand because it's super cool.

I really like my GranStand - it easily adjusts to my son - pushing towards 6'1" plus, and his smaller 5'3" friends. We both use different angles on the wheelstand and it takes less than a minute to move the angle of the wheel. Pedal distance is about as fast as sliding your real car seat forward and backwards. Changing the overall height of the stand might take 2 minutes, and it is rock solid.

I really like my GranStand - it easily adjusts to my son - pushing towards 6'1" plus, and his smaller 5'3" friends. We both use different angles on the wheelstand and it takes less than a minute to move the angle of the wheel. Pedal distance is about as fast as sliding your real car seat forward and backwards. Changing the overall height of the stand might take 2 minutes, and it is rock solid.
Ah, now I know why you're so fast on track @Handlebar ;)

Last edited:
I would want to do the event tomorrow, but unfortunately there's 6 updates to do since I haven't been on in a long time, and to have internet, I have to use my phone's mobile data since there's no internet where I am right now. lol

so, no online GT6 for me

I think it's a little tasteless to come on here and down someone's product that you have no experience with. Especially a fellow member who put his own blood, sweat and tears into it from design to mass production.

Just think next time. If someone went to all my potential clients bashing my product that they have never even seen I'd be livid.

In GT5, do you remember the Top Gear challenges? The intermediate one was racing a Lotus around TGTT, and it took me a few attempts to beat it. I finished the race with a + 0.001 split, and a silver prize showed, but was given gold at the next screen, and shown in first afterwards by - 0.001. Finish was so close, it was wrong, then right! :D

EDIT: Still have the pic just before the line! I'm in white.

elise_photo_finish.png

Last edited:
proxy.php
The SNAIL Wed Night Race Car Series has just wrapped up our 5th season with @vovik05 taking the Individual Drivers Championship while @Zii1993 & @Wardenclyffe took the Team Championship. Congratulations guys on a well deserved championship!

As part of our preparation for Season 6, our Active Driver list currently stands at 26 which allows room for 1 new driver to join on a first come first serve basis. If anyone is interested in joining the Wed Night Race Car Series, please head over to the SNAIL RCS Thread and follow the COMPLETE application procedure instructions.

Thanks to @brntguy for the video

We are currently in the voting process for Season 6 track selection which will feature the following Race Car

proxy.php

If you have questions about the SNAIL Wed Night Race Car Series, please let me know

Thanks

I think it's a little tasteless to come on here and down someone's product that you have no experience with. Especially a fellow member who put his own blood, sweat and tears into it from design to mass production.

Just think next time. If someone went to all my potential clients bashing my product that they have never even seen I'd be livid.
OK OK, my bad. I'm sorry

In GT5, do you remember the Top Gear challenges? The intermediate one was racing a Lotus around TGTT, and it took me a few attempts to beat it. I finished the race with a + 0.001 split, and a silver prize showed, but was given gold at the next screen, and shown in first afterwards by - 0.001. Finish was so close, it was wrong, then right! :D

Close is definitely what makes it fun.

EDIT: Still have the pic just before the line! I'm in white.

elise_photo_finish.png

Thats sweet! Close is what we really enjoy must I think. The satisfaction is unparalleled.

I actually wasn't too upset about missing gold by .001 because I was fairly confident I had it figured out. I think it took me three or four more attempts to reach the 49.6 I'm currently at. What is totally awesome is that without the racing I've done with SNAIL folks over the last year or so there's no way in heck I'd have the skillset to even come close to gold in this event. I love the Stratos BTW. I've liked it since the Goodwood event. Very fun to drive IMO.

Was that realy Tony on the thread ? It would be hard to belive he would have time for this .I love the racing and the friends here , But Tony , I mean smoke , wow .

Was that realy Tony on the thread ? It would be hard to belive he would have time for this .I love the racing and the friends here , But Tony , I mean smoke , wow .

I would be surprised if that was a real account for Smoke - even more so if the various Phil Hill, Shelby and Senna accounts were 'real' - actually I think I would be scared...

Back