◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
season_of_giving.gif

As we're all gearing up for Christmas, I wanted to check if anyone would like to give back to those who give so much of themselves to SNAIL. Sometimes we forget that this league is run powered entirely by volunteers. If you enjoy the league and would like to say "thanks", selling something on the SNAIL Marketplace would be the perfect way to do that. Just a small token of appreciation goes a long way. You could sell anything at all that you want, but here's a list of items that have been sold to date in case you want some ideas:

GTPlanet stickers - sold by @fzappa and purchased for 20 $hells
Mazda Miata/MX-5 book - sold by @sprintr64 and purchased for 30 $hells
GT Academy shirt - sold by @fzappa and purchased for 30 $hells
$10 Amazon gift card - sold by @FSportIS and purchased for 31 $hells
$25 Amazon gift card - sold by @chevron and purchased for 175 $hells
FIFA 10 for PS3 - sold by @zer05ive
F1 Photography Book - sold by @Chiochan and purchased for 30 $hells
$10 PSN Card - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 20 $hells
S.N.A.I.L. Shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 20 $hells
GT Academy Shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 40 $hells
GTPEDIA - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 10 $hells
Playseat Evolution - sold by @Ph1sher and purchased for 70 $hells
GT Academy shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 35 $hells
Hauppauge PVR - sold by @kcheeb and purchased for 25 $hells
F1 shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 6 $hells
S.N.A.I.L. shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 16 $hells

Please remember that when you make a sale in the marketplace, the $hells that are sent to you as payment are yours to keep! This means you can turn around and spend them on future items that are put up for sale or auction. 👍

Last edited:
Man.. the thread moves at hyper speed sometimes. 6 pages in less than 48 hours.

Here were I was yesterday... do not click unless want photographic Shock.

on a side note. We rented a Hyundai Sonata that actually impressed me (not enough to buy one) but for a 2 day rental, nice comfy ride, good power, good gas mileage and electronic gadgets. I wish I could rent a Genesis somewhere.

DSC_6752 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

DSC_6741 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

DSC_6735 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

DSC_6865 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

DSC_6838 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

DSC_6825 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

DSC_6824 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

DSC_6793 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

DSC_6789 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

DSC_6785 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Nice pictures! They make me homesick:D

Let me see if I can guess where you were when you took those pics. Either on the Statue of Liberty ferry, Staten Island ferry or the Dayline cruise boat????????

Also, I do business with Hertz and I know they rent the Genisis out of the LAX facility. Not sure about other airports.

I am hosting a 2 hour endurance in beal's room as public. The room number is 1472-4711-0038-4892-7328

You can either race in the Gazoo Racing Toyota 86 #166 '12 or the 86 Race Car Base Model '12. Both are at 410PP and 208HP after oil change. Will have day/night transition at Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 with Chicanes.

Here some pictures that perhaps can help boost attendance as Enduro Races are fun with a full grid!

@.. not sure who this guys was but qualified 1st
Nürburgring GP_D_13 by SnailRacing.Org

@SHOCKY_WELL
Nürburgring GP_D_14 by SnailRacing.Org

@racingchamp30
Nürburgring GP_D_15 by SnailRacing.Org

about a little past half way mark and the sun starts to set.
Nürburgring GP_D_16 by SnailRacing.Org

Giving chase to the leaders after visiting the grass
Nürburgring GP_D_20 by SnailRacing.Org

and the tire strategy starts ... or mind games?
Nürburgring GP_D_21 by SnailRacing.Org

1st place after the caution lap
Nürburgring GP_D_23 by SnailRacing.Org

Found my missing flash in the game!
Nürburgring GP_D_24 by SnailRacing.Org

Final minutes of daylight
Nürburgring GP_D_4 by SnailRacing.Org

Nürburgring GP_D_3 by SnailRacing.Org

See the whole picture series @ Snail [spec racing] Photo Club

The driver's list has been updated. Everyone needs to take a look at this list and if there are any errors such as spelling or information that has changed, you need to let me know so I can fix it.

Please be on time for racing. If you show up after I have given the hosts the all clear to start racing (9:25 ET) and your room is full, we will not make room for you. If you are full time and show up on time, you are guaranteed a spot in your assigned division.

Also, a reminder to shut down any practice rooms that are running in the club area at 9:00 ET.

Does anyone else have the ability to live stream? I will be and it would be cool if we could get some more onboard cameras going.

And speaking of the season, anyone noticed the nice Christmas background music playing in the game?

Affirmative on the music and I think is a nice touch for the season.

snaildata-png.277611

The following Time Trial events have been closed;
  • Time Trial-Combo 1, 2014-11-30
  • Time Trial-Combo 3, 2014-11-30
All times have been updated and are shown below.

All recorded event times can be found here.​

TT-C1-2014-11-30.PNG

TT-C3-2014-11-30.PNG

Last edited:
Buddy, you should have done that long time ago.

Right. Well, I just moved my gaming spot recently so I figured I might as well wire it since it's so close to the PC now. I can tell the difference just in how the community pages load.

Question?

I am trying out changing my view from external to regular but I am not seeing blind spot indicators. Yes I turned them on. Where do they appear? maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

Hope you guys have some good races tonight!

Had my first day of snowboarding this year. 40cm of fresh snow, favorite lift opened yesterday, plenty of fresh untouched areas that I claimed as my own. This is a rough life. 13 days left. How am I gonna do this?!
i hate you lo jk. im hitting up brianhead and lake tahoe this year

Hello all who want to race in the West Coast Division.

This is the last night that I will be the Division Co-ordinator. In order for the division to continue we need some volunteers to help run things. Doing this has been my pleasure but it is now time to pass on the reigns to someone else (or a team). If you want to step up and help run the division please let me and @JLBowler know by PM. There are some behind the scenes things that need to be done to keep this league running.

It has been a pleasure racing with everyone that has come out and joined the WC division. I will miss the racing but more I will miss the friendships. Hopefully you will all keep it going so one day I can come back and join in. Until then keep an eye out for me online. I will likely be at the Nurb just running laps or practicing for the DTC.

Finally. I will once again not be racing tomorrow so best of luck to everyone and I hope you have a good turnout.

Given that I am officially on Holiday Break! @jobyone, @tezgm99 @Neovre @Grandstand_Bill

Planning to do a double Stint if there is enough interest. Any other Westies!!! Anyone up for a double stint?

This would be a multi-divisional event.

Given that I am officially on Holiday Break! @jobyone, @tezgm99 @Neovre @Grandstand_Bill

Planning to do a double Stint if there is enough interest. Any other Westies!!! Anyone up for a double stint?

This would be a multi-divisional event.

Sorry Wolf, but I'm no longer on Pacific time and also have to work overtime this week to avoid taking a day off without pay next week so 10 hour days at least for me the next 3 days.

I just love living in a resort community. Every year at this time our little town quadruples in size and the holiday gift they bring is an insatiable appetite for bandwidth. I didn't think we would crash this early but we are capped and I am getting dial up speeds. I will not be able to race tonight. Good luck D6 and I will be back on the grid as soon as all these idiots go home... :banghead: :grumpy: :mad: 👎

I just love living in a resort community. Every year at this time our little town quadruples in size and the holiday gift they bring is an insatiable appetite for bandwidth. I didn't think we would crash this early but we are capped and I am getting dial up speeds. I will not be able to race tonight. Good luck D6 and I will be back on the grid as soon as all these idiots go home... :banghead: :grumpy: :mad: 👎
Oh man that's rough. I bet you locals have a name for the vacationers as well, don't you? Well I for one would love to know what it is.

Back